He thought he was the chosen one

>he thought he was the chosen one
;_;

Now THIS is subverting expectations done properly

He didn't think it until his retarded waifu gf nagged him to think that. Even fake women are cunts

I know this feel

Drinking helps

and cats

Its too bad he wasn't the chosen one, but then who is?

Remember the part where the Joi advert says : “she will tell you what you want to hear” ? They probably talked about it before, and she knew he wanted to be special. The way I see it, when Joi talks, it’s K’s subconscious, the stuff he is hiding from the humans.

the girl he met in the bubble...

Damn, interesting.

lmao kys sempai

Can anybody make out what Batista's character is saying at the start?

After he gets his shit kicked in and K says older models don't run, he gets up and says "something older models something something the shit"

What is he saying? I can't make it out.

up until you run out of booze and sober up only to discover the cat has run off to constantly hang around a neighbors garden only returning to shit in the litter box.
And you clean it up, like the little bitch cuck you are

Scraping the shit

LOOK AT ME, i'm the chosen one now.

>you newer models like scraping the shit

I feel like in the end K's story is one of triumph. Sure, he's not "the chosen one," but he still ultimately resists being a follower. He resists being a follower of ANYONE, even the stupid Hunger Games-like rebellion group he meets. K decides he's going to make his own choices and do what he personally feels is right. That's why he saves Deckard, rather than killing him like the one-eyed lady wants. He thinks it's right that Deckard should meet his daughter, and he's willing to die for that. That self-determination is what makes him human, in the end.

Fuck you piece of shit I'm half hour in and you just ruined everything
Fucking mods do your job and permaban his ip

I am drinking right now with 2 cats.. will I ever be okay?

Cats are Joi embodiments.

Quality analysis, great kino

BRAVO DENNIS

Checked and my life is wrekt

At least I won't die a virgin

Yeah, on top of K smelling real garlic, touching a flower, and feeling real snow (contrasted brilliantly with Stelline feeling fake snow), it shows that our experiences make up the validity of our existence, it isn't just based on what people say it is.

Anakin Skywalker, before he turned to the Dark Side of the Force.

a cat just wandered into my house when I opened my door. Fed her some home cooked chicken and plan on getting drunk in a bit, it's a pretty good feel.

The cunt who gave him the fake memories in the first place, which they also pointed was illegal to give replicants real memories.

got 2049 by perfectly legal means and im concerned about not liking it as much on my second viewing. i fucking loved it in imax, but now im concerned about plot holes why did k ask the memory woman if the memory was real if he just got proof it was?
he found the horse in the factory, thats proff its real. the question he SHOULD have asked was if its HIS memory. knowing that a detective asks the wrong questions just to play into a reveal later on might drag it down for me. there are other things too, but thats what im concerned about the most. the ride was amazing the first time and i plan to let the movie wash over me again tomorrow, and again when i pick it up on 4k blu ray, even if it isnt exactly real 4k.

i still expect GOD DAMN IT to be just as amazing even without imax sound quality.

Did no one get the reference?

>why did k ask the memory woman if the memory was real if he just got proof it was?
To tell if she was lying, like you said he's a detective.

>why did k ask the memory woman if the memory was real if he just got proof it was?
Are you really this much of a brainlet?

I did

He found the horse later on in the movie you retard so when he asked the question he didnt have confirmation yet.

I usually have a hard time watching movies and TV shows because I lose interest in them but this one kept me glued. For a 3 hour movie that's insane.

So why did he get her memories in the first place. Why transfer them to him in particular or anyone at all. People went through a lot of trouble to hide her. Yet somehow she’s used to architect memories and nobody realized anything about her past. What the fuck. So is her bubble boy shut just a ruse to give her motivation to never leave and continue to architect memories? This movie makes me ask more questions than answer. Still enjoyed it tho

>all the faggots outting themselves for not seeing the original one

Yep, I noticed that. I've been trying to watch more movies but lately I've been kind of ADD with them, while with books there's no problem.

With BR2049 not only was I glued to the screen but turned off the other monitors and stuff.

This movie was brutal for K, then again he was already dead inside after seeing his waifu get killed by a meatbag.
Also Deckard's daughter was a qt.

>and cats
Kill yourself

Poor K

Pay attention to the fucking movie, you cancerous mobilefag.

Plenty did, but the ones that didn't made a noise about it. U get me?

>K shows little to no emotion during the first act of the movie when he still believes he's a replicant.
>First reaction when he incorrectly concludes that he's human is to lose his shit.

Bravo Dennis!

> then again he was already dead inside after seeing his waifu get killed by a meatbag

This I found a bit strange, how the replicant instead of taking Joi and extracting all the info she could as Joi feared they would were she to be left in the apartment, she just crushes her. How very humanely sadistic and unpractical of her.

Since we're getting Sicario 2 with another director which will probably be shit, if everyone involved could OK it and make a 'sequel' without Villeneuve, would you watch it?
Who should be the director?
end yourself

I found out it was released and so I didn't come here until I watched it because I didn't want to be spoiled. The memory maker girl in the bubble is the child by the way.

She literally says that there's always a bit of a creator in its creations
Also everyone in that retarded uprising probably has SOME memories of hers, memories that made them feel special, just not enough to link the dots I guess
Also K literally is a detective

I haven't seen the movie since I saw it in the theater, but it was heavily implied she gave that childhood memory with the wooden horse to a lot of replicants, leading them all to think they were the chosen one. I don't remember why she did this. It might be a convoluted ploy to recruit replicants to join the resistance.

>boss needs me to come up with 100 new memories by 5 pm and im outta ideas
>fuck it I'll just use my wooden horse one, who will know lmao

She also created fake flowers

why did K go through the effort of concealing Joi's location and then bring his car (which is trackable) to deckard?

Is it true there are spewing plebs who have seen this but not the original?

I think her intetion was more genuine. She says she can't do anything about their future (meaning she wasn't trying to influence their actions after they question their memories) but can give them a past worth remembering, where you feel something positive. Her intention was likely making them question themselves, and, like K did, find out who they were and what they wanted.

just watched it and k goes to the junkyard and finds the horse by the furnace. theres transition scene with joi saying k is special then the next scene is k interviewing the memory lady. think twice before calling someone a retard

I lost a condom in a white cat

>This I found a bit strange

all the women in this movie love K in one way or another. Luv is just particularly yandere about it.

>(which is trackable)

Because he didnt know what he'd find there when he set off is the best I can come up with, and he had like 1 or 2 days til the police was actually coming after him, he didnt expect people so soon because he didnt know Wallace was on him.

The bad guy didn't even do anything wrong.

>kill a newborn replicant
>kill the clone
>kill the cop

A cat is fine too

she was a kind and gentle soul who wanted the replicants to have memories that were as authentic as possible.

also there is a general theme of parenthood in the movie, "you have to be born to have a soul." being born basically means it's 100% guaranteed that you had a parent that passed on something (at the very least, genetic material) to you. like the whole idea of a "soul" is something like an eternal inheritance anyways. by giving them something of herself she becomes a parent to them, making them [more] human.

this, I was really surprised he wasn't the Replicant Jesus

Its a small price to pay for the expansion into space that the new replicants would have enabled.

That's literally the entire point of the ending scene, K actually got to experience life, the real thing, instead of being a bubble boy.
He might not be "the chosen one" but in that short time span he lived more than the majority of people or replicants, and all from his own choices.
They even made the connection with all those flashes of bubble girl touching shit while K touched the real snow which was probably my one problem with the movie.
They were way too in your face with several things like the flashbacks and shit.
REMEMBER THAT, WELL IT'S RELATED TO THIS MAKE THE CONNECTION

everything I've seen of the original makes it sound like a flat boring pile of shit
I know the twists, i know about the unicorn shit
hell, maybe I have seen it. but it fucking vaporized from memory regardless
harrison ford sucks
ridley scott STINKS outside of Alien
the only people trying to qualify this as a prerequisite are too dumb to grasp that Blade Runner stood as an independent piece from Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep and anyone interested in the movie would have at least a passing knowledge of deckard anyway

Seriously, I'm almost positive I've never seen Blade Runner but I seem to know the movie top to bottom because of nauseating faggots who won't shut the fuck up about it

CELLS

My ass, wallace is a retard, they're already thinking of revolution it would be much worse later.

>They were way too in your face with several things like the flashbacks and shit.

Read the threads Sup Forums has had since the movie came out including this one and see how many people would've understood even the simplest shit without that kind of reminder.

How does K know Deckard? How does he know Deckard is the father?

From the interview stored in the crystal ball thingy.

>cats

Fuck off you overused roastie. Dog is a true man´s companion.

he did know wallace was on him, that's why he destroyed the thing

K doesn't know deckard personally; he gets The Captain Now to analyze the wooden horse, who determines it has a unique radioactive imprint which K traces to Las Vegas. There, he meets Deckard and after some initial hostility Deckard explains his role in Rachel and the Baby's lives.

What I mean is, didnt know Wallace had access to his car info, which they didnt til they killed cop.

that one pixel to the left of his head is triggering

She was just lazy shit who used her memory and sold it like "lol best memories on the market,bro".

he deduced that Rachael (a replicant) and Deckard conceived a child from 15 seconds of a recording of Deckard asking Rachael about a picture of a naked woman?
Yes but how did K know he was the father, he called Deckard out on this before Deckard explains anything

>he deduced that Rachael (a replicant) and Deckard conceived a child from 15 seconds of a recording of Deckard asking Rachael about a picture of a naked woman?

Is that literally all that happened in the movie that might've led him to that conclusion?
Why dont you go watch it and actually pay attention this time?

someone should make a video of goosie lying down on the stairs with snow falling for 1 hour with a like relaxing sinthwave mix
would fucking watch the entire thing.

Whats with all the blade runner threads all of a sudden?

No fanfare for the hero.

Just rest.

Came out on dvd/torrents.

DVD is out

She had Deckard, she thought that he would easily lead them to the child.

That is the only time Deckard is ever mentioned yes.
I can watch it a million times but will never see your head canon

It's the winter feels and people trying to hold onto the memory of what good sci-fi writing is.

He knew for a fact that she was the mother and he knew that whoever was hiding at L.A. was the father because of the wooden horse.

My nigga

>bones found with marks it went through child birth and a hasty c section
>said bones have serial codes, aka replicant
>at this point he knows it seems a replicant seems to have had a baby
>checks which replicant it is
>literally only lead left of her is some old recording that mentions Deckard
>he recognises in her voice that she's goading Deckard trying to get a rise out of him, this he says out loud, which means he recognises some sort of familiarity (they pause on this a tiny bit so brainlets like you will not miss it, btw, guess it wasnt enough"
>some familiarity + only clue = try and find the guy
>finds Deckard
>deckard explains it

Its not a headcanon if you're not retarded, user.

*runs through your wall*

Literally nothing about that says Deckard fucked a replicant and they had a baby together, Yes it tells us Rachael had a baby but NOTHING about Deckard being the father, yet the first guy K comes across in a deserted city, "hey your the father!"

see

>tfw Luv will never call you "bad dog" and stomp my face

lmao that SOO clever, cause it's like, a MUSICAL REST, hahahaHAHAHAHAH

Imagine being this dumb.

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

So we should believe that only one person lives in Las vegas? Bunch of scavengers in san diego trash heap living off scraps but they dont know about an untouched haven for scavengers in vegas?
Nice argument

Did she love him, truly, Sup Forums? Was it real at all, or was it all illusion and programming? Does it even matter?

How did bees survive in desert?
What did ford eat?
WHy was there so many kids in that ruined city? what did they even eat or drink?

Are you pretending to be retarded, are you retarded or did you not watch the movie ? Vegas was contaminated, even a fucking redditor would notice that.

AND?