Between Heroes Reborn and the SJW phase, which one will be remembered as the lowest point of Marvel's history?

Between Heroes Reborn and the SJW phase, which one will be remembered as the lowest point of Marvel's history?

I'd rather have Liefeld art.

Heroes Reborn was by far the lesser evil. It was at least trying to entertain the existing fanbase, reinvent classic characters for what was then the present day, and had no goals beyond that. And it only lasted 14 months.

THIS

I actually WANTED Heroes Reborn to succeed because giving all the characters that "died" after Onslaught a fresh new start in another universe was interesting. Too bad Marvel never had the guts to do it all the way.

>I'd rather have Liefeld art.
Maybe not modern, but yeah I'd take X-Force-Youngblood era Liefeld over most of the current Marvel crop

It's pretty fucking sad that I have to agree with this. I'd gladly take the worst of the EXTREME 90's including Avengers: The Crossing over the current crap that's being spewed.

I would bet Heroes Reborn. There will probably be at least one character that surives the SJW phase and goes on to be liked. Maybe kamala.

I still like their take on Fantastic Four, I wish that stuck around.

I started reading comics because of Heroes Reborn.
Doom x Galactus is one of the best stories I have ever read

Heroes Reborn was an experiment, with reinvention, like the Ultimate universe that eventually followed it.

The "SJW Phase" is...god I just want it to be over.

Heroes Reborn ever had a cringy moment like this?

No, it was all great and deserves more respect. I wish it was still around, that'd show the SJWs.

Everyone likes to bash Liefeld but his early stuff is so bad it's good, It's like he was doing the best he could to draw the edgiest shit in history

I wonder what we'll call this age of comics

The staff never tried to claim Heroes Reborn as a grand moral victory, nor did they blame their readers for the relaunches failure. Yeah, SJW phase deserves the prize.

(OP)
The staff never tried to claim Heroes Reborn as a grand moral victory, nor did they blame their readers for the relaunches failure. Yeah, SJW phase deserves the prize.

The rainbow age.

>lowest point of Marvel's history?
coming through

The Problematic Age

The Triggered Age

Coming through, carol rape storytime

SJW era is not terrible, it's just bland. They still haven't made a comic powerful enough to kill somebody.

>is not terrible, it's just bland.

For me that is terrible. There's a charm to something that's genuinely bad that isn't there for the middle of the road, and right now middle of the road is king for most of the industry.

>SJW phase

That's a weird way to spell "pandering to Sup Forums and losing all your readers."

>It was at least trying to entertain the existing fanbase

Yeah, but that's the problem comics have had for years now. The "existing fanbase" is too fucking small to sustain the business, but anytime they try to reach out to new readers the old fans get all pissy and mad.

Heroes Reborn only affected four titles.

The malaise at Marvel (which isn't predominantly an SJW thing; X-Men doing badly isn't primarily it unless you think Iceman being outed was the only reason the books are bad, or Slott doing a stupid page where Peter is concerned about being racist for hitting Hong Kong gangsters was the only reason for his Spider-Man run being so shit now) affects most of their line.

lol.

>but anytime they try to reach out to new readers the old fans get all pissy and mad.

Except they don't even know how to reach out to new readers that well either. Look at who's actually mad over Captain America being revealed to be Hydra--the vast majority are people who get their knowledge from the MCU. The old readership is just disdainful of it because of Civil War 2 and the same dumb stunts from Marvel in the last five years.

Heroes Reborn was learned from while Marvel's response to criticism now is to double down on whatever they're doing.
The SJW shit will be remembered worse, because Heroes Reborn lasted only one year.

>affects most of their line

Thank god for Moon Knight, Daredevil and Punisher (except the annual, oops)

Another thing: When Heroes Reborn happened, not only were four books affected by Heroes Reborn, at the time we also got Busiek's Thunderbolts and Kelly and McGuinness' Deadpool as ongoings. Ostrander was writing Heroes For Hire, I think and Waid was writing Ka-Zar with I think Andy Kubert on art. The Spider-Man books were wrapping up the Clone Saga in 1996 and did generally okay stuff afterwards (even if they did keep fucking bringing back Norman Osborn). So a lot of the line was still ok to great.

I'd say maybe only a few titles are decent at current Marvel. Most are mediocre to abysmally poor.

Carol deserved it for being a shitty character.

Yeah, I'm Reeeeeaally really sure that future generations of racially and culturally diverse integrated and educated cosmopolitan peoples will look back on the decline of racism throughout the centuries and find it utterly appalling that mass-market entertainments didn't hold on to antiquated divisions in a last-gasp effort to salvage bigotry.

Neither. Early to mid nineties grim/dark/gritty era sucked worse. Can't write a fun or interesting story? Who cares?! Just make the hero a depressed killer.

>He honestly believes Marvel's big event of replacing heroes with women and minorities and hiring writers who love to insert their far-left politics into their comics hamfistedly was part of an attempt to put a dent in bigotry and not a cynical attempt at appealing to progressives and pissing off everyone else in order to increase sales.
That's cute. You're cute.

Your statement implies there was a high point

I'm trying to think of a high point, but I'm drawing blank.