""""""""""based"""""""""" mel gibson

""""""""""based"""""""""" mel gibson

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4SQqVEu135E
sparknotes.com/lit/thingscarried/section6.rhtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>a true friend will be your shield, through good times and bad

>people will actually come to this thread to defend this shit movie

It's just sad that a clearly brave and very interesting fella has had such a shit film made about it.

He didn't deserve this.

>Hip firing a B.A.R
>While carrying a torso for a shield

This movie should have been a cartoon

I mean some of the action scenes were a bit far fetched or cheesy, but it was overall a decent war flick with a good message.

That is pretty based.

the best part is the "FUCK YEAH" expression while looking into the rotting face of a fellow soldier

Why would I watch this schlock again when I can just watch The Thin Red Line? Sup Forums literally cannot answer this.

Can you believe this unrealistic bullshit? How do they keep getting away with it?

youtube.com/watch?v=4SQqVEu135E

This film was such a fucking joke compared to actually good war films.

I don't see any human torso ballistic shield

Why would you watch The Thin Red Line, which is equally as shit?

>b-but muh whispery pretentious voices and muh cinematography

top kek based Mel

that actually happened though

t. nigger

>if i sey "muh" before sumting dat maks it bad!!! me good at arguing!!!

Great argument. You must be from Reddit

boohoo

All these triggered Malick fanbois. lmao

this is what real war is. sorry it doesn't match up with your hollywood bullshit

>this is what real war is.
Except his fucking meat shield wouldn't stop an Arisaka and hitting 5+ Japs with a 20-round BAR wielded single-handedly only happens in vidya

>Exit from cover where you are shielded from bullets, into the open, while your enemy is behind cover and firing accurately from the prone position, yet you somehow manage to one hand a BAR machine gun (weighing roughly 20 lbs) in fully automatic fire and mow down the enemy, while using a carcass that offers no protection against rifle bullets.

Yeap, totally happened.

lmao

t. hollywood brainwashed pleb

I hope this is bait

you

Do Americans actually believe this is how WW2 happened?

>watch expecting semi-realistic battle scenes and character drama
>get down syndrome Garfield and slapstick comedy

I'm not gonna lie, battle scenes are the only good thing about this movie.

Everything before the war was great but that actual war part ruined it for me.

nothing is good about this movie

The trick is that they don't tell about the war stories where a soldier tried something brave but then died, only the stories about where soldiers did something brave and succeeded by a stroke of luck.

>expecting realism in an action war film

Why not? Didn't Spielberg ensure that his portrayal in the landings was accurate, one of the reasons Vets got incredibly upset and emotional when they watched it?

>being an uneducated faggot
>pretending you know what you're talking about
they were trained to shoot the bar from the hip

They do now

>Yeap, totally happened

Dumb shit happens all the time. In WWI and WWII just the sheer numbers of people and incidents ensured some of the best nonsense stories sprung from it.

actually WW2 was fought by POC's and God's chosen.

""""""""""straight"""""""""" OP

*Yakety Sax starts playing*

There's nothing brave or clever about it.

The first round fired at the moron walking with a half-torso carcass would fly right through the corpse unaltered unless it hit a bone, and right into the douchebag who thought it was funny.

None of that garbage was even remotely plausible and I'm not buying that it was based on anything real for a minute.

Acts of heroism happened, but they happened within the realm of reality, physics and probability. Like John`s Basilone`s feats on Gaudalcanal and Iwo Jima.

This is schlock.

I understand this is Sup Forums and not /lit/ - but there is a book called The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien about the Vietnam War and stories that sprung from it.

These type of things are so crazy that they might happen, or that they may have "appeared" to have happened by the participants and spectacles involved.

An example he gives is when he sees one of his friends die from a claymore, and how it appears that the sunlight has killed him, you take a glance, you shield your eyes and look away, and then you take a quick peak again and sometimes the mind fills in the blanks to fill in the gaps of these stories.

sparknotes.com/lit/thingscarried/section6.rhtml

>If i use greentext and a silly image whatver they say is wrong

Hey! don't hate on Mel. He is the hero we don't deserve.

wrong

I hate kikes as much as anyone but he really needs to watch more films, maybe go out on a mountain and capture the universal feeling of exploration

>Makes fun of Jews and then sucks their dick to get back into Hollywood
>Makes Christian movies
Might as well fucking worship Tyler Perry

It looks like a fucking grindhouse flick with the over the top shit it throws in there. I don't know what they were thinking. When the bloodshed actually takes you out of the movie you have done something fucking wrong.

Anyone else finding Gibshit flicks to be awfully overrated despite supposedly being blacklisted from hollywood? He was truly one and done with Braveheart but I have not really enjoyed a Gibson movie since. Signs, Apocalypto, Passion, Hacksaw, just to name a few that are pretty mediocre but get critical praise.

don't you have an oven to dodge?

>chimps out and starts screaming about jews to a cop and calls up his ex on voicemail and starts shouting about niggers, while being a hollywood director/actor
fucking hell, I'm probably ten times as racist as Gibson but I'm not going to worship the man just because he has similar opinions to me.

>the feeling of exploration
Elaborate plz

You have serious plebeian taste.

If there's one thing that fits universality, it's exploration.

lmao i was referring to the first part of your post. The movie looks and feels like a b movie most of the time. By the time it gets to the actual war I wasn't even surprised by anything and could actually enjoy the retarded parts like OP's webm

Who's hip?

What movie is this?

Gibson films are about as mainstream and plebian as you can get reddit friendo

>people getting shot dead under several feet of water

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D