insert Overwatch here

youtube.com/watch?v=aFbuSShYKpc

Moonbase Alpha

Needs more
Expiration Date was amazing

i heard it was a pilot

probably this

blizzard should stop making games and make more animation shows or movies

Stardew Valley. Slice of Life cartoon about someone trying to fit in in a new town on their grandfathers farm while surrounded by waifus/husbandos and assorted weird shit.

Shovel Knight. I'm picturing something along the lines of He-Man with different villains having multi-episode arcs.

Borderlands. I need a Borderlands cartoon.

Binding of Isaac would be pretty great I guess

This gem felt like it could've made an excellent cartoon.

Don't even change anything, except for all the hippie dialogue

Would it be an episodic series with room fights or a progression based one where every episode is like a floor?

A miniseries of 5-10 minute episodes would probably be better.

I think the second one be better. Since there are so many items and things to go over in the game, I bet focusing on a mini series would be much better.

Space Station 13

This.
Blizzard should cut their art and animation department from their gaming studios and let them go crazy with their existing franchises.
Just make shows and movies out of the things they have.
I'd watch anything those guys produce, there's an insane amount of skill in that art department.
Hope that they won't leave Overwatch into a total limbo, where the story just occasionally inches forwards through a comic or two.
It has so much potential to become a show or a movie.

Movie*

Ftfy

Or at the very least, a comic series. Both would work better than the movie that got stuck in development hell

>tfw no Witcher cartoon based on the books

Starcraft 2

I could've sworn there was a comic series already. I guess I was wrong, that would be amazing though.

But they have horrible writers, which is integral when working on a television series.

Overwatch may be a fun game but the lore and writing is incredibly stupid, trying to be serous while having a tongue in cheek tone, but ends up failing at both. There short's, while beautifully animated range mostly range from mediocre to cringe, with the only notable decent one being the Bastion short.

Didn't some Activision/Blizzard corporate rep say something about the possibility of an Overwatch show on Netflix?

Once thought it would make a perfect cartoon, because of the movie I've been taking back everything compliment I said about it.

I still think it would work as a TV show. I still have no idea why this movie was generic and unfunny as it was. Had the same writers and everything. That said, it gave us a great game though.

Absolutely none of the character interaction that made the original game so memorable was present in the remake, for both the game and the accompanying movie. Ratchet becomes friends with Clank the moment they first meet, and then they hardly talk to each other for the rest of the story. Clank hardly even says anything notable at all, even though, you know, "Clank" is in the fucking title.

Also, Ratchet is a goody two-shoes hero from the start, unlike the original game, where he's an asshole who eventually turns into a hero. He would never say anything the likes of "I'm in nerd heaven!" in the original game, but in the remake, he has to be nice and marketable, at the expense of having a razor-thin personality and no character development.

All of this can be blamed jointly on the shit writers and Sony, who hired them to create the remake in the first place.

Expiration Date was actually a pilot episode for adult swim, but it they didn't make anymore because it was took years to animate.

I picture Fallout 1 as episodic, with the Vault Dweller roaming the wastes and us learning more about him and his history, rather than starting off in chronological order.

this
only a handful of the characters even have decent banter in-game, and the movies/comics range from "nothing happens" to "loredump that has nothing to do with the game or plot". Only rarely does something interesting happen. The writing in their other games is magnitudes worse. The character lines in HotS are shockingly bad sometimes, and I don't need to tell you how bad WoW gets
Valve absolutely demolish Blizzard's writers in every single way, it's not even funny. Is there a single line in OW that matches the banter in TF2? None of the characters are even mean in OW, where in TF2 they openly insult each other

I don't know if Joe Madureira can animate.
If not, it's better off as a fully fledged comic series.

There was a movie in development at one point but it fell through. The closest this has to a legacy is fucking Armikrog and it's shit.

FOOTBALL

Every Overwatch dialogue ever:
>Oh hey character, remember when We did that thing in the past?
>Oh yes, That was a long time ago, but not so long that it doesn't have any effect on our incredibly complex world!
Or characters grasp at straws to have something to banter about

>DS3 never
Just fuck me
unless there was some developments,
im out of the Sup Forums loop

This would be so comfy

You picked one hell of a time to take a break from Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-QgJ-EFq7A

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I really only keep a mild eye on platinum games since I stopped caring about most recent games, but I'm glad I ventured into this thread

Gotcha covered senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=JXoeT0W1waA

>Randy "Badass" Pitchford sets up a meeting with the artist behind this short to discuss the art style and possibly licensing it from him
>Decides to not buy it and instead coincidentally develops his own art style that's exactly the same as the one he turned down licensing
>When people find out about this and grill Gearbox out for it, Randy "That Kid" Pitchford's best PR response is "uhh umm well TF2 is sort of like the incredibles and also by the way that artist should get a job at pixar am I right???"

wtf I hate Borderlands now

Rocket League as a parody of shows like yugioh and beyblade. They're playing Soccer with toy cars and they take it way too seriously

Gearbox are basically some of the shittest shadiest fucks ever to make video games
Sup Forums will have a grand time filling you in to their rap sheet

Overwatch is just TF2 with sexier but less interesting characters.

>Overwatch
>sexier

Honestly any of the old Lucasfilm adventure games could work, they're already halfway to being cartoons as-is. Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Manic Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, but especially Grim Fucking Fandango. It'd be worth it for the season spent in Rubacava alone.

Her and Spy, yes. As opposed to a larger number from Overwatch.

>we could've had a TF2: The Animated Series

>Seeing Manny bone uppity beatnik chicks, flirty thirsty police women and that overenthusiastic coat check girl

I'd watch it.

Definitely agree with Shovel Knight. A show needs characters with interesting and distinct personalities, and for such a simple game all those characters have a ton of personality.

Whereas, as much as I love Isaac and its design and atmosphere, I can't see how a show could be sustained from it. I can't really picture anyone or anything (aside from Mom) having dialogue.

because zun is a hack who still cannot draw after all these years
nice digits, by the way

Because Zun doesn't want an anime

ITT: we give episode plots for the TF2 animated series

>The Sniper has urination troubles
>New Weapons day
>Demoman's day off
>Scout finds Pyro's stash

>New weapons day
t.soldier

I'd like for it to be a mix between the black mirror and Mushishi.
No true main character.
Each episode focuses on a stalker or group of stalkers dealing with an anomaly.
Pretty quite most of the time.
Every 3 or 4 episodes throw in some action with bandits/mutants.
I think It would be a pretty comfy show.

When was the last video game based cartoon that wasn't a Netflix exclusive?

It was amazing up until the forced romance shit

Overwatch lore is bland, the characters are dull, and the world is uninteresting

But my god the fap content

>Overwatch may be a fun game

Killing Floor 2 would work pretty great as one I imagine

Would you a Homm cartoon?

>tfw there will never be a remake

That skylanders shit i see everywhere

League of legends

Any blizzard IP

Neptunia

Oddworld deserves to be an animated series.

Kerbal space program

>That skylanders shit
Didn't that already get a show, or at least have a animated special or something? Or maybe I'm thinking of a different game, I can't recall correctly anymore.

Reminder that there was almost a Monkey Island movie, but then Disney bought the script and made Pirates of the Caribbean instead.

Fire Emblem would probably make a good epic war cartoon.
You can set it on any number of game worlds, while giving it a unique cast and stories.
Save for Anna.
It wouldn't be Fire Emblem without an Anna. You could maybe get Tiki in there too.

GOT TO GET BACK.

BACK TO THE VAULT.

If so, I hope they bring in some pro writers to handle the script. Get the OW team to it the lore and characters, or have bliz hire some actual talent to o troll the writing. The current head writer posts to /r/asianmasculinity though, so if he was n charge it could end up being a clusterfuck

A Splatoon cartoon. And make it like Ed, Edd, n' Eddy where each episode reference something war-movie related
Examples:
>Apocalypse Squid
>Full Metal Squid
>Saving Private Squid
>Paths of Squid

Terraria

Rayman would make a really good cartoon.

As it should. Fallen London universe works better in text form, because animating some locations such as Iron Republic and Irem is going to be absolute fucking chaos.

A Crash Bandicoot cartoon in a Sonic Boom kinda style would be pretty fun I thinkm

Does crash even speak?

youtube.com/watch?v=BiNxucWYR-s

Waaaaaaay too low pitched for Crash.

>fucked up spyro
God damn it, I already managed to forgot that redesign

Meh, Spyro has been shit since Year of the Dragon.

First Legend game had a chance, but then it just sorta shat itself.

IT COULD WORK.

I don't know. It seemed the more dialogue Oddworld had at any given time the worse it got. The gameplay in the first 2 games is so fucking atmospheric, dismal and enveloping but then cutscenes would be loaded with fart jokes and lowbrow humor that made you forget what the fuck you were playing. Even serious cutscenes usually had "Oh no! Abe tripped on something and landed in a bunch of funny ways with hannah barbara sound effects! which although was fine in small increments would get old in a full series. Munch's game bordered on this with it's amount of humor but I feel if it were a full on series it would of gone too far.

Just look at the intro to the 2nd game. It goes from shocking, depressing and dark as shit and then goes to fart jokes, scooby doo sounds and goofy dialogue. This would get old fast in a cartoon.

youtube.com/watch?v=NS5fNGHgsj4

I'd agree but my keyboard just eloped with my understanding of worldbuilding. The only thing that works is my fountain pen and it keeps screaming and, oh someone let the bees in.

>someone let the bees in
Fucking devils
Get the fuck out of there

It would be all about the colors, fight choreography and atmosphere.
Maybe something close to Samurai Jack.
Not sure if they should add voices or not, but still.
It has potential.

As long as it's not based on HoM&M V and titles after it.

Unless of coursethey would try to go full "so bad it's good"

It writes itself.
Make an episode about Zork forming the original 6, have episodes revolve around some conflict of the week/one character in particular and introduce new characters and how they join the team once every two/three episodes.
Then have story arcs based on the in-game events and/or events from the DLC.

That animation is much better that it should be.

*jumps into the sea*
*the sea jumps into me*

This.
Pretty much like anything done by Blizzard.

Man I totally disagree. I still love the tone of the game. Admittedly the remake made the goofy stuff worse due to awful sound mixing but still...

Most of the Ace Combat games really.
Zero and 5 especially

AC4 would be a better choice.

Fuck Ronimo for ruining this. The game is so bad right now that it outright deserves the ignominious death it has propelled itself towards.

fucking ugly and edgy, no

Viewtiful Joe
Psychonauts
Max Payne
Starcraft: Brood War
Left 4 Dead
Freedom Force
Witcher

Neopets cartoon to revitalize the franchise and indoctrinate a new generation of kids as furries

>Viewtiful Joe
Had an anime
It was awful

Came here to post this
I mean, it pretty much is a bunch of 80's cartoon charactears beating the shit out of each other already
Sounds like you just have to git gud :^)