What is Sup Forums‘s favourite Western? Mines Once Upon a Time in the West

What is Sup Forums‘s favourite Western? Mines Once Upon a Time in the West

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Bill_Hickok_–_Davis_Tutt_shootout
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ridiculous 6, unironically

High Plains Drifter.

Having not seen it, why is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly considered so great?

Logan

I like nu-westerns more than the old

Westworld

sorry m8 but the original 3:10 is better than the remake
Anyway my favorite is The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

That's because you're a nu-male.

OP here, Good taste the two of you

>western movie
>Iggy Pop is a tranny

Watch it and you will know

So I had a question about this one
Every single time you read about real duels in the American West, they always say they're not like the quickdraw duels made famous in movies like High Noon
But there's no actual quick draws in this movie
Why do they keep repeating this actually fake meme
For reference here's an example en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Bill_Hickok_–_Davis_Tutt_shootout

>GBU
watched the extended version and it was really good, the action was good and the music was really good, I did feel that it dragged a little.
>Hateful 8
I unironically thought it was good, and it was a fun watch
>The Unforgiven
I liked it because Eastwood isnt the stone cold badass he always is he is just a tired old man and has to learn to be a killer again
>Also
OG True Grit
Slow West
and Big Jake

Because it is more interesting than duels like Burr and Hamilton had are just dudes turning and shooting when ordered to but there an air suspense if our character will make it

everything Leone
Mccabe and Mrs miller
Wild bunch
The big country
Duel in the sun
She wore a yellow ribbon
Butch cassidy and the sundance kid

are you the same OP who started the thread similiarly a few days ago?

That wasn't the point, I love the suspense of Wild West showdowns (even though the Barry Lyndon duel is pretty suspensful tbqh)
The point is that plenty of people consider High Noon to be the premier example of a quickdraw Wild West showdown, even though it's just a shootout.
great taste, I still need to watch McCabe though

Hell or High Water

rio bravo is objectively not only the best western ever but also one of the best movies ever.

Oh that's what you meant

OP here, and I personally didn’t care for Rio Bravo. I thought they’d wasn’t anything too special about it and that High Noon was an objectively better film and that Hawks and Wayne were wrong to go against its message

Because its fun, has great characters, amazing music, breathtaking cinematography, is suspenseful and created a distinct style of shooting the characters.

Youre right. I dont understand why people would put High Noon in that category when the only shootout is at the end and they are chasing each other through barns and shit. Its nothing like say a Spaghetti western's shootout.

Tombstone is the correct answer you cuckleberry

You are all like little babies.

If you consider kangaroo jack a western that definitely takes the cake. If not i’d have to go with one of my favorite movies and an all time classic rango.