The Disaster Artist

I just got out of The Disaster Artist. James Franco's performance was fucking uncanny, he really nailed it. The in-movie movie scenes were almost scene for scene with the original. They left out a lot of stuff from the book though, mostly dealing with Tommy and Greg's creepy unhealthy personal relationship. What did you think, Sup Forums?

>mostly dealing with Tommy and Greg's creepy unhealthy personal relationship.

elaborate, Im not reading the fucking book. I liked the movie though

Any downloads for this movie yet?

Go read a synopsis or grab the audiobook.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

jews run hollywood man, you can only hope for a dirty bomb to go off there or just shush.

It was a good comedy movie

James Franco might get a lot of credit for nailing Tommy Wiseau, but honestly his brother had the stronger performance playing the straight man to the kooky Tommy. I'm used to seeing Dave be more silly and less serious.

Is it just me, or does this not even seem like a genuine attempt at making a thread. This reads like an actual advertisement.

yeah needs more memes and politics

Of course it did. Franco is so narcisistic he made a movie about his impression of a misunderstood tragic artist, because that's how he sees himself. He didn't make a movie about Tommy Wiseau.
They were two parasites leeching off each other. Greg explored Tommy's resources and Tommy explored Greg's friendship and they lived a push and pull of manipulation and deception to get what they wanted. They were basically both complete cunts. But of course Hollywood takes this and makes another masturbatory trite "Hollywood success" story, outright changing the story to be what they want.

I don't pay for funny fat jew man movies

good man.

Thanks, how accurate is the book? did they get this information directly from tommy and greg?

maybe i will read it ONE day

>James Franco
Nope.

He made one crucial mistake, and that was casting his manlet brother as a guy who everyone who even has a passing interest in The Room knows is clearly taller than Tommy in real life. Between being a manlet + a bad wig + a bad fake beard, his brother was pretty distracting.

I almost felt like I was watching Tommy play himself. Franco nailed it but maybe 2 or 3 angles reminded me that it was James. Sestero could have been portrayed better but I suppose it's really a movie about Tommy. Fun movie and I bet even normalfags who don't even know what The Room is could enjoy it.

Overall they ARE a Hollywood success story though, the fact we even know their names is proof enough. I'm pretty sure you could say many thst make it in Hollywood are "complete cunts".

Greg wrote the book.

Yeah the beard was distracting, if by some miracle that was his actual beard then he must shampoo it three times a day because it looked fluffy and glued on.

The movie was good but they look too alike for me to pretend they're not brothers irl

It was kind of distracting, and sort of blended the relationship of the leads... Hard not to see Tommy as a sort of "big brother" to Greg, especially should Dave become a bigger actor/presence than James.

>that after-credits scene with movie Tommy and irl Tommy talking to each other at the party
This movie was the most fun I'd had at a theater since Mad Max Fury Road tbqh, Dave Franco was shit as Greg though and they should have just had Greg play himself.