I like women with a little meat on their bones

>I like women with a little meat on their bones

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NEgwxGWgiIg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She was thin, so she had a little meat (i.e. muscle) on her bones (as opposed to a lot of meat on her bones, which she would have if she were muscular).

Ergo, he likes her.

I like to imagine the females of his species are like ten feet tall and covered in spikes, which is why he found her hideous.

Isn't Drax a mutated human or something?

He's one of /our/ THICCbros.

Drax was literally the only thing that was done better in guardians 2 compared to the first one.

I mean in the comics, yeah. Who the fuck knows in the movies.

>Rocket
>Villain
>Quill
>Nebula
>fucking Yondu

Drax is a cannibal who is into regenerating masochistic chicks who don't dance.

Only in the comics. And it's dumb as shit there, glad they changed it.

Yep, Draxx is human.

In comics he was a saxophonist that was killed by collateral damage from a Thanos invasion that killed him and his family. Then Thanos father resuscitated as the Destroyer and programmed him to hunt and kill Thanos as his only objective in existence, think of Android 16 in DBZ, in this version he's dumb as fuck. He goes onto some adventures and then just before Annihilation he gets killed and from his corpse, as if it was a beautiful butterfly, modern Drax emerges, weaker but smarter. Then Bendis happens.

>rocket
too much of a cunt to be likable, tainted by all of his scenes having babby groot forced in your face
>villain
"I think I'll just wipe out the whole universe because they were 'so disappointing' lol"
>quill
somehow he had even less chemistry with gamora than the first film
>nebula
her making up with her sister felt really fucking rushed and forced
>fucking yondu
I found the casual sadism of that scene where he kills all of his old comrades set to dadrock very offputting. Also people are acting like his death was emotionally moving, it wasn't. Groot's death was much more moving imo, but then they ruined it by bringing him back 10 seconds later.

thicc

>Rocket
Confirmed for not getting Rocket's arc. And baby Groot only had two instances where he was truly annoying.
>Villain
I won't even address the fact you're just sloppily paraphrasing the motivation, but you're saying Ronan was a better villain.
>Quill
>his entire character is the romance
I'm not even reading any further, you're a tasteless pleb.

>just call him a pleb instead of considering his opinion
stopped reading right there

So did everyone else, it's the last sentence you fucking retard.

If you spent millions or billions of years wondering if you're alone in the universe and you finally come across life only to realize that they're all a bunch of violent dumbasses you'd probably think a mistake was made somewhere along they way

I absolutely disagree, Drax was not fucking useful at all.

That'd be awesome, I love stuff like that.

>>Rocket

He's like that for a reason and has finally started to mellow at the end. If you were endlessly tortured in a lab before finally escaping you'd have emotional issues too.

Not in the movies. They've talked about "his people" and he mentioned some stuff about his home planet and culture. I think making him human would be needlessly complicated anyway.

I think the scene where Drax is talking about his daughter and just staring out with a blank expression and then Mantis touches him and just breaks down in tears is a really great moment, one of the best in the movie.

but he didnt have any of them in the movie before

>old comrades
he's a ravager, in ravager culture if someone betrays you and kills your friends/loyal comrades you fucking kill them, old comrade or not. it was a badass scene(even if he should've died in it) you're just a fucking pussy

He prefers T-Bones to Filet Mignon.

>yfw Ego broke Peter's walkman

>(even if he should've died in it
I went into the movie knowing he was dying and I assumed he was going to stay on the ship as it exploded

I actually like that he got the scenes with Quill at the end

>I found the casual sadism of that scene where he kills all of his old comrades

Casual sadism was when they threw the loyalists out he airlock one at a time. Yondu and Rocket killing them was a bad guy shooting gallery and it was visually gorgeous

The overhead shot of the control room was probably the best shot in the MCU

i enjoyed the ending scenes too, i just meant he should've died in it for the fact that there were plenty of people who could've just shot him while the arrow was killing someone else. but it's typical movie stuff so i wasn't too enraged about it

>there were plenty of people who could've just shot him while the arrow was killing someone else

Honestly I think the scene in the first movie was a bigger offender, they even gave him time to open his coat and pull the arrow out in that movie.

It was like him killing his mom all over again. Not only the Walkman, but Awesome Mix Volume 2.

You shouldn't have killed my mom and broken my walkman

yeah that was pretty ridiculous
to be semi fair though, they didn't know what to expect from him so they may have just been a little taken off guard by the arrow, while the crew new exactly what it was and what danger they faced

I love that they put the Ego villain reveal in the third act. They had hints that something was fishy, but the movie did it's best to make you like him right up until you see the bodies and he mentions the tumor.

So much better than every other MCU movie going " here's the bad guy"

Those guys took all his loyal crewmates and threw them out of the airlocks. They deserved a slower death than that arrow

Almost correct, dumb as fuck Hulk Thanos from that Giffen mini on Anhilattion was a different form from the original Starlin, original Starlin was sort of a pissed off Silver Surfer going on long diatribes on how much he hates Thanos.

Man I honestly prefer the shitty generalized MCU Ronan to forcing a sad dad in my face who I know is going to turn evil from the moment he says his name. It wasn't clever, it wasn't interesting, and it wasn't even unique. I just wanted Ego to get on with it. Just have a movie about heroes fighting a bad guy. I don't need your forced pathos if you're going to make it so god damned bland.

>mfw "you shouldn't have killed my mom and squished my walkman" followed by superman punch

LOOKS LIKE MEAT'S BACK ON THE MENU

>Just have a movie about heroes fighting a bad guy
Go watch literally any other MCU movie then, I love that James Gunn made a character driven movie rather than a plot driven one.

>but he didnt have any of them in the movie before
There was an extra angst scene in the first film that they never shot.

Regardless, Gunn made sure that everything is explained in the 2nd film even if you haven't seen the first one. But it was time wasted. It can't be helped, you can't assume everyone had seen the first film.

>not maggoty bread

10/10

The character work on Yondu and Nebula was great, but the main draw, which was Peter Quill and Ego, was totally flat and lifeless.

I feel like this is the one situation in which having the villain not be character centric would actually improve the villain. Why do you have a character who is literally a giant living planet and drag him down to the human level for something that's just tired old deadbeat dad tropes?

Presumed Drax not a fan of Gal Gadot casting.

Is Drax /ourguy/?

The "catch" scene was really good. It showed that the two of them had a real shot at a healthy father/son relationship. Really amped the tragedy later on.

The "catch" trope is one of the worst things these types of stories try to do. It's so fucking easy and banal. Seeing it in the middle of an act confirms that something tragic will happen later.

He likes his women Laaaarge and extra thicc.

He meant the movie was bad and based on inherently bad characters.

I think the "tragedy" would have had more impact if Ego's plan was portrayed as more of an unfortunate necessity than spontaneously and comically evil.

Is there Drax x Mantis 34?

He likes a laaaaaarge B U T T

E X T R A T H I C C

I bet Feige ordered that. He's like,
>CRUSH THE SONY

I wish I had any kind of artistic ability or just the basic knowledge of photoshop so I could throw together a picture of Aku wearing Darth Sidious' robe with the text "Execute order EXTRA THICC."

youtu.be/NEgwxGWgiIg

Fucking topkek m8

Suggesting this to the drawfags

To me, Ego felt more eldritch than he was in the comics here. It's not necessarily malice that drives his actions, it's Ego's existence. He just does this shit, the same way a fungus spreads. Not really consciously. Like The Thing in John Carpenter's film, he's just imitating a human, or specifically Peter's ideal dad. He's cool, likes music, and even wants to play catch. But Gunn makes a point to show that there's a particular lack of humanity inside him, and reminds you how alien he is.

In the movies he's an alien.

Liking poop humor disney marlel is tasteless homo

>What did he mean by this?
muscle girl best girl

L A U R E N

I just realized, that this is my fetish.

Ego did nothing wrong.

I actually liked this. Usually the son is always suspicious and resentful. Seeing Peter genuinely forgiving and giving a try at reconnecting with his father was both refreshing and sad since we knew his faith will be crushed.

He really is a noble manchild.

I really really like her back

>Ego admits he put the tumor in Meredith's brain
>Peter immediately shoots several holes in him
Good man

That was pretty based. For all his noble traits the story doesn't get too melodramatic and remind us Peter is a seasoned space mercenary.

She prefers women who can hold their own in a physical competition, be it a fight or some other feat of strength.

Unfortunately most people today will just misinterpret this as Drax being a chubby chaser.

Man, those end credits. I'm waiting for the home release just to watch those again.

I'm in love.

Who the fuck hangs up on Aku? Even if he is crank calling.

I kinda wonder what she looks during a bulk cycle.