How would you make it even better?

How would you make it even better?

Cut to Holocaust camps

I liked the fact that the point of view of germans was nonexistent. I would push this even further and make them somewhat mythical enemies. Just remove the line of dialogue from pilot who refers to them as bastards.

More quips/jokes. No one wants to watch a 2 hour movie of people acting all mopey and depressed. This is not my dunkirk.

Probably make a version of the film without any score whatsoever. I'd like to experience that

the scale of this movie was laughable

some CGI would've been a welcome addition

>*Tom Hardy phones in to German Command*
"I have a message for Mr.Hitler? With an H?"
>*Hitler gives the order to patch him through*
"This is Adolf Hitler of the Third Reich. You allies are scum and you will be defeated, there will be no terms there will be no surrender. Tell your precious Churchill that there is no escape this time"
>*5 second pause*
"Holding for Hitler..."
"C-Can he hear me?"
>*cut to Tom Hardy checking fuel gauge*
"Look I don't have time to hold all day so if you see Hitler tell him that I have an urgent message for him. About his mother"
>*audience clapping and laughing and sharting*

> use more than 20 extras
> show the enemy
> show more than 20 ships at the end

Quips. More minorities. More women (one of the pilots and one of the commanders should have been female). And maybe some EDM music to liven the mood a bit.

Have a nine month pregnant Anne Frank fuck Tommy to show her gratitude.

holy shit have you read a history book? They're not gonna fuckin include some bullshit just to make the general audience happy.

I thought it was really weird that throughout the film Tom Hardy and Boat-man are obviously time-travelling and yet no-one comments on this at all. Maybe the sequel will expand on it?

that's the infamously pretentious "Nolan Cut"

Bravo

are you retarded?

see

Movie already had hardly any dialogue

Could have made it into a silent movie with dramatic music and say it's different to all the other war movies that recently came out

cancer

If Hitler had won

make it rated R lol

the movie took itself too seriously, I would have used a more light hearted tone and more witticism\humor in the style of the great master John Whedòn

Too serious. There's no way that thousands of dudes would not crack one joke during all that time. Was in the military myself, we laughed at stupid shit all the time. Even when shit really sucked

are you dense? Not all the ships came at the same time. It was over a period of time.

Fuckin pick up a book

Yeah I doubt you were torpedoed/bombed/raided by Stukas.
Sure, even they probably threw bantz when they were safe, but in Dunkirk they were at constant life danger from the first frame right up until they get to Britain. Putting a joke anywhere there would be entirely ridiculous and out of place

Why didnt tom hardy just land

The old man in the boat doesn’t bring his boys along and therefore doesn’t have his annoying exposition scenes. We didn’t need him explaining so much we’re not retarded

He did?

Ameritards don't have a single clue about Dunkirk user, someone needed to say what's happening there

I know it’s needed otherwise people would bitch and moan but Christ it felt like Nolan was walking up to me and talking directly to me at certain points. We don’t need you to explain that the man is traumatized from the shit he’s seen we can fucking tell. It’s not Nolan’s fault audiences are fucking retards but Christ it hurts

It may be just me that felt there isn’t any motivative, creates strong drive on its story. Luckily several stores that running at the same space & time, got mixed together. It made viewing experience goes fast Y’know !!!!

Cut down on the Zimmer score a bit, the sound design alone is enough for the majority of scenes to deliver all the tension and impact needed.
That's it, the rest is perfect.

That final bomber looked like a toy when it fell into the water. Change perspective, or use CGI

fix the scale so theres more then 1000 men on the coast
show more of the older mens perspective and the grinding down of the troops

more diversity