Paranatural Thread - Chapter 5 Page 198

paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-198/

YOU MESSED UP, YOU'RE DONE/IT'S STARCHMAN WITH A GUN

>Hey guys! I'm taking a much needed mini-vacation to attend TCAF up in Toronto this weekend, so there won't be an update this Friday or Tuesday the 16th! Thanks for your patience! I'm not tabling there but I will be walking around so feel free to say hi if you notice me somehow! Can't wait to absorb some comics energy and rest my mind and body :^) Anyways, I'll see y'all next Friday, the 19th! Very very excited for this scene!

Other urls found in this thread:

paranatural.net/index.php?id=130
paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OH MY GOD SOMETHING IS ACTUALLY HAPPEN-aaaand he went on hiatus again.

>much needed mini-vacation

You draw 2 pages a week you fucking hack.

Isn't there a pretty big difference in intent if Hijack is going to throttle Isaac, while only Nerf gun Ed and the others?

Hijack can only be in one dude at a time

I thought the reveal was he was possessing more than one teacher, he's only in Garcia then?

He's probably not in Garcia either.

but there could be more than one, just like there was several pixel dogs

paranatural.net/index.php?id=130
paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-50
Garcia is probably a spectral, whether or not he's possessed is still unclear.

Garcia is SOMETHING, and my money says that he's unrelated to Hijack.
Starchman is a gag character so he's probably unrelated as well.

Garcia is a fucking werewolf, as if it wasn't obvious.

>Much needed mini-vacation
>No update Friday and next Tuesday

"A Buffer?!?! What's that?!" This it literally the worst time to do this.

>Mr Garcia dropping the star
lmao

Well Max is nowhere near a teacher so Baxter with Isabel and Spender then, or its no-one this has all been a waste of time. But there are about to be a bunch of expulsions and a firing for assaulting teachers.

h-hayai

Watch Garcia not even do anything.

He's a former competition fighter, of course he's that fast.

Oh right, of course.

>a much needed mini-vacation

YO ZACK GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT

"Quick! Something is finally happening in my comic, i must think of a way for the readers to lose any blooming interest they may have!"
"Yes."
"A HIATUS"

He MUST be doing it on purpose at this point. Maybe as part of his ploy to make the comic "unpalatable to Sup Forums" he keeps throwing in these hiatuses to put us off. Because his regular readers all pat him on the back and encourage him and say "take your time :)" when he does this shit, so there's no danger of losing them.

>mfw message
1. I second and .
2. Does this mean more Isaac fanart, like during the Hitball arc when Tumblr tried to make Max/Johnny happen?
3. This page's colours look awfully saturated, especially the last panels.

...and Max is totally going to be ghostbatmeal.
RIP in peace.

GUESS WHAT IT TURNS OUT GARCIA ISNT POSSESSED AND HE'S JUST WEIRD

GUESS WHAT IT TURNS OUT ALL OF THE TEACHERS AREN'T POSSESSED AND ARE JUST WEIRD

Cue another year of nothing because Zack forgot about Hijack and is happy with having Max being hailed by random people whenever takes a step. Just watch, next update he'll be conversing with the bat.

>I'll see y'all next Friday, the 19th
So this is what edging feels like

Im certain Garcia is hijacked. The teacher Isabella is following doesnt show any signs at all. If Garcia is normal and Isaac blasts him with his spectral powers that'd be hard to explain

If starchman nerf gun is a tool its real threat would still exist.

Not the starchman skates

>All these pages
>It's clearly another fucking red herring in both cases.

Please fuck off Zack.

AAAAAGH

>Because his regular readers all pat him on the back and encourage him and say "take your time :)" when he does this shit, so there's no danger of losing them.

Maybe that's because they realize they get to read the comic for free and value the artist's health and well-being? Because maybe Paranatural is just a fun thing to read every now and again and they aren't obsessed over it?

Like, Jesus Christ guys, just stop reading it if you don't like it. Stop doing things you don't like. Go outside. Live life. Every Parantural thread is just bitching and moaning about how much you hate it but won't stop reading it, it's fucking bizarre to me.

>So this is what edging feels like
Not really, the pay off from edging makes it worth it in the end. This feels more like erectile dysfunction.

Do you honestly think all these breaks are for the sake of his "health and well-being"? It's not like he has fucking arthritis, he just goes to two dozen cons a month in order to promote a comic he barely works on because his wrist apparently somehow shatters to pieces whenever he makes the slightest motion.

>Maybe that's because they realize they get to read the comic for free and value the artist's health and well-being?
"But it's free" is an empty defense in the information age where all media is as free as you want it to be.

Beyond that, Zack doesn't strain himself. He draws in a simplified style and often refuses to use complex angles or draw detailed backgrounds. This is his full time job and he puts in exceedingly low amounts of effort. If you've drawn for any length of time, you'd know how cheap and easy a lot of Zack's panels are. If he's straining his health by putting out two pages a week while taking YEARS to write a simple chapter of his story, he's just not cut out to make these comics as a career. A hobby, but not something he relies on.

>Because maybe Paranatural is just a fun thing to read every now and again and they aren't obsessed over it?
I feel bad for people who find this fun. They must not read many comic books, let alone novels or novellas. It's not even a matter of the subject, the pacing is absolutely terrible and the writing is so flat that people have been predicting the exact joke for the following page for months at a time.

You don't even have to be "obsessed" to find this stuff disappointing or react to it. I read the comic once every few months about a year and a half back. It fell apart terribly and now if I see it in the catalogue I give it a look and comment sometimes.

>Stop doing things you don't like. Go outside. Live life. Every Parantural thread is just bitching and moaning about how much you hate it but won't stop reading it, it's fucking bizarre to me.
You realize that goes right back around to you, going into threads you don't like with comments you don't like and whining about them, right?

Neither of us are refusing to "live life," we're just popping into a discussion thread in our free time and giving our opinions. No need to be an asshole about it and talk down to people like you.

I've forgotten far more of this comic than I remember at this point, but isn't the lore that not spectrals can't see powers in action?

Normal people can't see or feel Spectral Energy - Isabel tried to use a spectral sword against a dog when she was a kid and failed miserably. They can see the physical effects Spectrals cause through their powers though, like Isaac's weather manipulation or Max's magnetism. Really this clause is only relevant to Isabel because she's the only one that uses regular spectral powers, every else uses their specific tool's powers.

>"But it's free" is an empty defense in the information age where all media is as free as you want it to be.

It isn't an empty defense when you guys make the same thread every week to gather around and get upset about something you're under no obligation to keep reading.

>Go outside. Live life.
This line of thinking is never had out of genuine concern or a need to help, it's done out of a need to feel better than other people. "Oh, you people actually CARE about something I don't? What a bunch of fucking losers, go and live life! Doesn't that sound so sagely and reasonable"? But it doesn't sound sagely and reasonable, it just sounds like you're a fucking self-righteous prick who hate when people express their dislike of mediocrity.

Anyone else feel like Max suddenly breaking off his conversation with Serge to be a reaction to people's complaints about the pacing?

Good, you idiots deserve nothing but contempt. You're like the people who make generals for that David Willis comic.

So if Isaac attacks Garcia with a spectral shot and Garcia is normal, Garcia will just think Isaac is doing a weird hand thing. But if Isaac hits Garcia with lightning, bad times.

I don't read the comic though.

I saw this on the catalog, clicked it, and made a comment about it. I don't religiously check for each update or comment in every thread. And besides that, what's wrong with the people who do post these threads every time or comment every update? It takes like thirty seconds to read a page, maybe a minute to comment on it. What's the problem with them giving their opinions on this piece of media that the author threw out into the world? What does it being free have to do with that? Why are you ignoring that you're doing the exact kind of thing you're complaining about?

You just sound like you're upset that people dislike something you like and feel the need to mask that with false concern over other people by inflating what they do and say into exaggerated caricatures.

>Ignores all counterpoints.
>Belittles those who disagrees with them.
>Makes unflattering comparisons to explain why the opposing opinion is so wrong.

Could you be more transparent?

There are no two words that are worse in the history of all human language than "Good Job".

Someone close to him whom he actually listens to needs to tell him some legit shit and give him some actual critique because at this rate his art will become a lot worse than what we see now. Every single character looks like they're Sans from Undertale, I fucking hate how he draws everyone with bean heads. The less said about the pastel colors the better.

If anything, moving back to one page a week would vastly improve everything. Two pages a week was the beginning of the end for Paranatural and I fucking know Zack somehow knows this because he can't meander around with the plot any harder if he tried because he has no idea how to proceed properly.

Zack needs a strong, hard slap to the face and someone competent enough to help salvage this mess of a webcomic.

>There are no two words that are worse in the history of all human language than "Good Job".
We all watched Whiplash faggot, no one is gonna screencap your epic rant and put it on r/Sup Forums.

Dumbing of Age deserves rampant hate as well

Boop.

Hilariously, I don't read the comic either. I just see you guys post these generals every week and to me it's just like the otter eating the watermelon. You hate it yet you keep doing it. It's fucking baffling to me.

I do remember way, wayyy back you guys were all excited and happy and calling it "the next homestuck" so maybe it's just concentrated autism.

It'a relevant to Ed, he mentions once the stuff he writes with his ink brush is invisible to normals. He wrote paranatural in the club door.

I'm hoping Garcia is the monster the Cousinhood of Men was after. That would forward the story a little. Starchman is just going to shoot nerf darts at them, the purpose of that story was Ed and Johnny getting character development. My bet is Ms Baxter. Last time we saw that storyline was Isabel asking how much time they had, Spender not answering and Isabel getting sucked to the spirit world. We didn't see Spenders answer, or Isabel actually coming back to real world. And if you look at her ebuy purchases in page 170 she's buying a haunted necklace with a puple aura. Seems suspicious. (Or do spectrals just sell tools to normal people?)

Also, just discovered this comic, got caught up, and it's in hiatus. Fucking hell.

Isaac can't do spectral shots. Isabel hasn't taught him, just like noone has taught him anything about the consortium. It's his central problem with the rest of the cast.

Who hurt you, user? What drives you to constantly belittle people for expressing their opinions and ignore everything that answers your questions? Why are you failing to understand that you are also the otter?

what tomo-chan? yeah it's perpetually in and out of hitaus, welcome to hell

>Johnny getting character development
Speaking of Johnny, I think that development on him would've been more impactful had we seen the bully side of him.

I mean, all we see of Johnny and his gang is that they just threaten and get intimate with his victims (e.g with Jeff), like that Javier Bardem character from Skyfall. We never see them actually go all physical and hurt people, and when they do get the chance it's offscreen.

With Chapter 4 and Johnny's hunt on Max and Isaac beginning, I thought we were gonna see the worst of them. We were gonna see how worthy the Gang are being the anagonists...now Johnny's contemplating his job being all rosy and philosophical and we're suppose to accept that, even at this comic's Act 1? That's too bloody easy!

Methinks Chapter 4 should've been shifted 1-3 chapters further instead because of this. A bit more room to see how the Gang roll thrashing "nerds" in their wake...that would be more sensible.

>bullying
This is a politically correct webcomic. You can't show that. Though didn't Johnny beat up Max at some point ?
But it's a good point, Johnny and his gang would be better as recurrent low-tier antagonists, like they have been in past chapters. Just being around like a goofy menace. Of course since Johnny hosts Forge, he needs some character development beyond being the school bully.

I thought we were supposed to know he was in Max

>Though didn't Johnny beat up Max at some point?
Well yeah...but offscreen, pic related.

I actually like the idea of Forge possessing Johnny, I really do. Walking deadly furnace + loose cannon chara = rollercoaster dynamite-carrying mayhem. It's just that things could be pushed a little harder on Johnny making his bully cred more convincing, then will he get the dangerous spirit as he deserves (OK, doesn't need to be violent, at least try and show us more of their mischief on every person they see?)...but not on that Chapter 4, with SO MUCH going on in the end. Give us breathers for those plot lines there, then we can move on to the next heavy arc or something.

(Sorry if some of the points felt a bit repeated, BTW).

>Johnny and his gang would be better as recurrent low-tier antagonists, like they have been in past chapters. Just being around like a goofy menace.
Yep. Pretty jarring if they as supporting characters suddenly get the major spotlight by themselves, even if they are very interesting. Like how one can't have too much Jack Sparrow and we've to have other pirates level with him, because he's made as the comic relief...maybe? Wrong example?

Holy shit I despise people who "identify" with Sup Forums. Like you're part of some fucking hivemind. There's no secret club kiddo. You're just some seething little shit behind a glowing screen

More Sup Forums ammo against HIM.[/ spoiler]

very nice