Get Twin Peaks: The Return on Blu-Ray

>get Twin Peaks: The Return on Blu-Ray
>take off the outer plastic
>notice you open the case by pulling apart the two Coopers along the jagged line
>slowly do so, revealing underneath, the face of Dougie

I literally shed a tear

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EWwPDaErtNc?t=52s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WEBM IT

Twin peaks has made it into several top 2 movie of the years lists. It is being shown at the MoMa. What do you think of it? Any other Twin peaks season 3 fan out here?

It's the best thing in years. You're not gonna like it if you want easy explanations on everything though.

I've just finished episode 12 on my blu-ray copy. Really enjoying it so far despite episode 12 in my opinion being a tad on the slow side and the weakest overall that I've seen. Subject to change though. Maybe a revelation later in the series will cast it in a different light. Can't wait to watch more!

youtu.be/EWwPDaErtNc?t=52s

looks like this

>fans wait 26 years to find out what happens to cooper
>cooper is braindead and doppelcoop acts like an asshole
>we get dougie
>the real dale cooper comes back for three episodes, only spends about ten minutes actually in twin peaks. dougie is one of the few characters who actually has an ending to his story
the absolute madman

have it, can confirm dougie is inside :)

first two episodes are great. everything after that is terrible. fuck dougie. it's retarded. lynch has been jerking off for close to 20 years now.

Wasn't asking for suggestion I already watched and loved season 3

Cooper comes back in part 16 and he is only himself for an hour or so, then gradually changes into a whole new cooper in episode 18

>not liking dOuGiE

>fans wait 26 years to find out what happens to Cooper
>They get an entire show about every single facet of Cooper's personality, they just happen to all be separated in a really literal attempt at character deconstruction
>bohoo not muh coop why is twin peaks experimental and weird????

well at least it was critically acclaimed as a movie and I personally loved it

I just catched Twin PEaks season 3. I really liked the theme of the story going backward to the start then forward again. Anything similar to this? I mean the whole repeating timeline stuff

Coop is in 6 episodes, 1, 2, 3, 16, 17, 18

I applauded it for being different at first, but different doesn't automatically mean good.

Some great stuff is in these episodes, but watching all the episodes in their entirety to see it isn't worth it.

I’m at work listening to windswept and getting emotional thinking about the Dougie arc and all the joy he brought to /tpg/ and me personally. I miss him so much.

>>but watching all the episodes in their entirety to see it isn't worth it.

wrong opinion

Currently rewatching, BluRay arrived in time for Christmas comfy nights.
Episode 3+4 felt so short...

fuck I'd buy that just for the awesome packaging

the useless faggot didn't show what Laura's face on the back looks like when you open it up though

Some parts are better on a rewatch if you were LYNCHED like I was on first viewing, namely Dougie. As a whole though, it's more of a one time watch kind of thing.

dubs of truth

Good reading.

Anyone has watched bonus 6h? Any explanations to TP3 ending?

>buying that shit
kek, faggot.

season 3 wasn't as enjoyable as season 1. that being said, dougie is a great character

>Any explanations to TP3 ending?
It should be obvious by now. It was a trap, everything worked out in the end

alternate reality laura hears her mother call for laura from season 1 and it triggers her

everything else is a dream or a subversion

Anyone thinks that the first 3 or 4 episodes are an absolute pleb filter?

I mean, not only started off with monotone new characters we never seen again, but then we jump off to Lynch at his most surreal, with barely glimpses of what Twin Peaks was.

By the time The Return starts throwing punches only Lynch fans remain, fans of Season 1 and 2 left pretty disapointed.

it was all a dream, Laura's mother calling her makes her wake up to a life of incestuos rape, drug addiction, prostitution and neglect by her mother thats why she screams

all of TP is just Laura dreaming

just the same picture underneath

Cooper and Laura are in Judy's world, which may or may not be a dream
At the end Laura hears her mother's voice calling her from downstairs from the original pilot, when she was already dead (indicating that she survived this time), though it's left up to you wether her awakening destroyed judy or if she's stuck in an abusive household once again
Cooper also hears the same exact sound clip from sarah palmer before his original dream from episode 2, and the scene you see after the credits is again from Cooper's dream, so he may go back to his room from the great northern and just wake up again in an endless loop (the two symbols that rapresent judy are a broken record and an infinity loop) or whatever you want because it's up for interpretation

Lynch fans need to be shot on sight.

T: baby who need everything chewed and spoonfed to her

Case in point.

Lynch fan here
I agree, the fanbase is fucking unbearable
Lynch's deeper movies theme-wise are actually his more straightforward ones, movies like lost highway or mulholland drive are really interesting intellectual puzzles but they don't really go much deeper than their premise
I guess it makes sense since it's delving into the minds of just one person per movie, and I like those movies, I just hate how they try to pass him off as the end all be all of cinema

Just finished it last night. I think I understood it, can you just elaborate on what you mean by trap?

If you were another oblivious townsperson in Twin Peaks would you fuck Laura Palmer if she put the moves on you?

Assume you’re an average townsperson and that you don’t know she’s a giant whore and prostitute getting railed by daddy daily

What did he mean by this?

>tfw Lynch will never put it in your mouth

Judy was a delicious juice blend given to Lynch by Sheryl Lee

sometimes I really worry about you Albert

a CUTE!

I would have shit my pants if when you open the back it's Carrie Paige's screaming face like pic related, though I guess that could be a spoiler

What was Mr C's end game? Was he under Bob command and he wanted to go back in time to deliver the bob egg to Laura (please note that according to fan theories Fire walk with me already had bob going back in time to attempt possessing laura a second time)? Or was he in control and wanted to access the time portal to reshape the world as he wanted?

He just wanted to walk around and have some screen time until it was time for him to go home

i think he may have been a parody of the cool villain archetype, he just goes around doing lots of cryptic shit and violence but it leads to nothing

Who was in the wrong here?

Is Lynch always this angry on set?

You would be too if you had to deal with the stupid cunts he has in his cast all day.

It very much feels intentionally made to challenge the audience right off the bat. I would say that Part 1 is one of the most unconventional episodes of the entire season, obviously it would get much more experimental, but the way that episode is paced, the austere quality of it and the cinematography.

The digital photography is so cold, everything is viewed from a distance, a majority of the episode takes place outside of Twin Peaks, dealing with people we don't know, and storylines that we have fucking no clue how or why they belong in this story. It's a bizarre premiere, it is pretty much the complete reverse of what you'd call fan service. I actually disliked Part 1 the first time I watched the show, and considered it my least favorite episode, just because of how pointlessly cruel and lifeless it felt, but when I rewatched the show I instantly appreciated it way more, having the full context of everything. It's still a really fucking strange way to kick the show off on. I would say Part 3 and 4 is really where the show comes into its own, it really is when Dougie gets introduced that the heart of the show steps back in and you start getting a better idea of what it is going for tonally.

What is going on here

>the good
>the bad
>and the dougie
apex kek

Lynch taking out his anger on Fenn for being a thorn in his side.

when all is said and done, this was the best scene from The Return, right?

>tfw watched parts 1 and 2 back to back on 2 tabs of acid for the first time
I still to this day cannot accurately describe the experience but I know it was awesome and weird. I think I cried at one point. It was around the time I saw the horse in the red room that I actually started to feel like I was losing my mind.

I keep telling people the first two episodes are like a standalone, self contained Lynch film that only has very minor connections to twin peaks. Some of the stuff they introduce in those first 2 eps doesn't come up again until close to the end. I find that funny and odd too.

I was just glad to see Audrey fags blown out by both Lynch and Frost

Summon JUDY like Shenron the dragon

Let's keep Judy out of it.

>audreyfags BTFO forever
>shellyfags trapped in the Cuck Lodge forever
>annie and donnafags literally irrelevant

ARE NO WAIFUS SAFE FROM LYNCH????

I'd say yes but I'd probably be more like a Harold Smith type beta orbiter

and then what woyuld have been the next step in this master plan?

Also: when do you think we'll know if Season 4 is confirmed or not? The return was critically acclaimed and I think financially it did well... how are the blu ray sales going? I want more tv kino

C-candie?

F*CK LYNCH

He's the exact opposite of Cooper so his goals are probably just Cooper's but reversed. Whereas Cooper wants to stop Judy to save the world, Mr. C wants to find her and probably bring about its end. And find a way to avoid going back to the Lodge, that too.

Is no one going to talk about the horrible fucking packaging? Those paper sleeves are a nightmare to deal with just like they were with the original series blu-ray. Why not just go with a jewel case?

one of them. there's so many great ones that would be iconic if more people saw them. loved the soundtrack. windswept is such a great album.

I downloaded Part 5 in the highest quality available (Episode is fucking 13.5GB) just so I could take this screenshot.

Here it is cropped

Literally the best mouth.

Oh yea?

anyone will watch it at moma?

Now THIS is autism

and here's a wallpaper of Dougie with the statue

If David himself doesn't announce it in the next few years, it will probably never happen. Frost, Showtime, and the cast are already onboard so it's solely in his hands.

OH TELL ME THE WORDS
THAT IM LONGING
TO KNOW

i ripped all my blu-ray discs with makemkv and it's 15GB per episode, looks phenomenal

endless wallpaper potential

Thanks a lot user! Saving these when I get home from work.

Is there a torrent of the extras?

>15GB per episode

Can you post Cooper in space and two Coopers being separated in Andy's vision? Please, user.

Call for help

I want to FUCK that mouth!

any cool connections or details you guys noticed on a rewatch?

I wish I would be commissioned to shitpost of television.

dumb show for neckbeard faggots

Watched the Missing Pieces again and realized that Phillip Jeffries implies he was the one in the car who was following Coop and Carrie in Ep. 18. Says something to the effect of "saw them at Judy's in Seattle, hours without talking, I followed them." The Seattle part could have been rewritten to be Odessa or a reference to the real world Sheryl Lee who lived in Seattle (the "real" world we may be seeing at the end of The Return) at one point, or I'm just going insane.

...neckbeard faggots.