I just finished marathoning this film. What did I think of it?

I just finished marathoning this film. What did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14705276
myanimelist.net/featured/2163/Survey_Explains_The_Overwhelming_Positive_Reception_of_Your_Name_
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>marathoning
>runtime : 106min
Nice attention span pleb.

All in all, for a chinese cartoon, it was pretty fucking amazing.
You don't see a nicely drawn Full HD 60FPS animu every day and the plot wasn't a shitfest either.

>marathoning
As supposed to what? Viewing it in 10 minute sessions?

Do they have sex while body swapped

Just marathoned these posts. What did Sup Forums think of it?

Overrated and forgettable.
Will be forgotten within a decade.

>Will be forgotten within a decade.
that's almost legendary status for a chinese cartoon

People still talk about movies like Akira and Spirited Away to this day.
I don’t think anyone will be talking about this movie the same way.
It brings nothing new to the table.
Tracing photographs and using them as backdrops is not impressive.

>marathoning

This

Not that guy but I still watch Akira several times a year. I was born in '88 and thinking that it came out the same year as me still blows me away how well animated it all is.

I can't watch anime without being assaulted by a deep felt sadness and I have no idea why. Especially slice of life shit.

It’s still my favorite anime movie, even though Spirited Away has grown on me a lot as I got older.

Because you can feel itit is all a big dull manipulation

was there an explanation as to how they missed looking at the calendar of their cellphone to know what time period they were in. Or the date they write on their paper during school all the time?

Meant for this

It's a movie about time travel, did you really expect logic.

Good but not great.

Did I have a stroke while watching this movie or did it really have an "intermission" in the middle of the movie?
I remember feeling like I was watching two episodes of an anime in a row with an ending theme/opening theme in the middle.

>tfw you will never drink a girl's spit alcohol
Is it worth living, Sup Forums?

Not really it's more like life will never be as nice as it is in anime.

That scene was hilarious to me because you can tell the intended reaction of the audience was "eww gross" but I think most westerners would find it creepy and a sign of how Japan has an unhealthy obsession with youth.

God tier artstyle for anime standards
Shit tier OST
Mediocre tier story only redeemed by stupid but effective ending

Decent but not very good, wasted potential and forgettable

Score: 6/10 BEING GENEROUS

It's the greatest kinemathique ever made

>Shit tier OST
But user, it had a semi-catchy pop song that it repeated over and over for dramatic effect.

just read this, what did I think of it?

Was literally bouncing in my seat like a mega autist in the theatre when I thought they weren't gonna turn around at the end.

>What did I think of it?
I dunno, you tell me?

Seems to be a favorite among trannies and other sex confused people tho.

I would have liked it more if it didn't have that kind of lazy Hollywood ending.

A lazy Hollywood ending would've been her being there to meet him straight after the last body swap takes place.

The fact that Shinkai spent a solid 3 minutes on teasing a bad ending makes it better than any lazy Hollywood ending.

Everyone survived and they lived happily ever after the end

He already did that in 5cm/s.

That's not very fast.

>God tier artstyle for anime standards
the character designs were generic as fuck tho. hate how moe face design has infiltrated all of anime.

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones,DRAMAensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question theNATUREofLOVE.

I watched it in the theatre and can confirm you didn't stroke

Watched it a few days ago after hearing all the praise it was getting and already i can hardly remember it.
I think I liked it, but it made no impact on me at all, felt more like I was watching an extended episode of your run of the mill anime than a film

>Tries to have an emotional moment
>Fucking annihilates it with JPOP

2 nukes weren't enough

strawpoll.me/14705276
help me decide my film

>I think I liked it
That's such a Mike thing to say

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

EWS is underrated as fuck, watch it.

thanks Jay

myanimelist.net/featured/2163/Survey_Explains_The_Overwhelming_Positive_Reception_of_Your_Name_

Sums of the movie pretty well.

really shows how garbage anime is when you watch blade runner, a true kino

>10 cents have been deposited in your account

sorry if even the best of the best anime can't even come close to blade runner.

PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo

Already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/keit-ai-finds-a-way/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebOriginal/KeitAi
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825

what the fuck user. start watching films. 90% of that list is a must see.
watch drive first, though, so you can be a real human bean.

what about a reel hero?

Just read the op and first post I'll finish the rest of the thread tomorrow.

Spirited Away > Akira

You know I'm right

you can read?

I never liked the ending with the parents/pigs in Spirited Away.
There never was a good explanation why she knew that her parents weren't there.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$355 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.
>Turned into a live-action movie by J.J. Abrams

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

>>Turned into a live-action movie by J.J. Abrams

can't wait for the remake
>Stacy and Jamal swap
>Stacy is now in Jamals body
>goes to the restroom
>sits
>looks down
>she gasps
>"so its true..."