Harry Potter is dead!!

Harry Potter is dead!!
NYEH HEH HEH

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dsWFzdVq
gwroadtrip.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/harry-potter-and-the-other.pdf)
youtube.com/watch?v=iFPWwx96Kew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who is this flake snake?

harry franchise is dull!
nyeh heh heh

deh

*blocks your path*

Sure seems like it.

>not "Dah"

Voldie did nothing wrong

Well done voldermort well done.....
HOWEVER!

Apart from killing and torturing people, I honestly agree. All he wanted was to live forever and preserve the existence of witches and wizards and make it so that those with magic wouldn't need to live in secret, but rule as the superior race. The system where muggles ruled the world while people who can perform all kinds of magic are forced by law to hide in the shadows was stupid.

I actually don't understand this villain, like if I ask a harry potter fan what voldemort did wrong they will say kill people, but if I ask why he did that, would they have an answer? lol

because hes evil

he's literally TRUMP and HITLER

they would say that, wouldn't they

What's this from? I don't remember him ever wearing that outfit

He killed people who were Muggleborn, he killed Muggles for sport, and killed anyone who stood in the way of his plan to make Wizards rule over Muggles. He was obsessed with purity of magical blood and deemed everything else inferior and unworthy of learning or using magic. Ironically he was Muggleborn himself. He really was based of Hitler, no joke. Hitler was obsessed with killing Jews, but he had Jewish heritage in him as well.

I think it was a deep self-loathing of being half-blood, so he probably thought if he'd genocide enough of impure wizards he'd become a honorary aryan in his mind.

Why was Malfoy the same recurring comic relief character everytime?
Such a waste.

He wasn't constant comic relief, he was just an annoying brat who felt superior to everyone. The only comic relief moment I can think of is when Moody turns him into a ferret and swings him around. Apart from that, Malfoy was just all talk and no action.
Then in HBP he got some development and you started to see how he had a shit life with a shit father, and he's being forced to do terrible stuff by Voldemort and if he doesn't comply Voldy will kill his whole family.

in before the director copypasta

IT WAS ALL A DREAM
I USED TO READ QUIBBLER MAGAZINE

I watched chamber of secret yesterday. Why is no one ever in these threads talking about the bizarre ending. Hagrid returns from Azkaban when everyone is sitting at the final dinner in the Great hall. He says something unfunny, then suddenly everyone in the hall starts slow clapping and cheering for him. It's not like he's a character everyone in the school has a relationship with. Most students don't even like him. But the end it's like Hagrid was the main character of the movie all along.

Baffling. What was the director thinking?

Woah buddy, there is no conclusive proof that Hitler had Jewish heritage in him. He did all in his power to erase his family history whilst in power. This is very suspect but does not mean he definitely had jewish blood. However, having had parkinsons and other disorders would definitely merit his destruction of his line (which by his own words, he deemed unworthy of carrying on) His refusal to Marry Eva Braun until the bitter end and their lack of ever having children is also proof of this.

He’s basically Dumbledore’s right hand man who’s been working in the school since forever, everyone knows him

They did butter up the happy ending a bit in that final scene, yeah. Obviously the teachers are happy their colleague Hagrid has been proven innocent and released from Azkaban which they all know is an experience beyond hell. Harry, Ron and Hermione are very close to Hagrid, and they all played a part in proving his innocence, so there's a big group hug.

All the other students joining in was a bit too much perhaps. None of them are close to Hagrid the way Harry, Ron and Hermione are, but they still all know him as the friendly gameskeeper, don't forget that there's 6th and 7th year students there who have seen Hagrid do his job always with a smile on his face so it's not unreasonable for them to be happy he's back and innocent.

>Most students don't even like him.
That only really started in the third film/book, when he starts teaching Care of Magical Creatures and introduces his students to all kinds of monstrous, murderous beasts along with a required textbook that attacks you. Before that he was just the friendly gameskeeper who helped out around the castle.

he was the hitler of wizards

Not bad

I honestly can't recall if Voldemort's plans are actually stated in the books. He wanted to kill Harry personally, and take over Hogwarts and only teach purebloods, not allowing mudbloods into the school. But that's where his plans ended, right? I don't remember it ever being said he wanted to rule the world or annihilate all muggles or start wars or anything. So in the end, he just wanted to be headmaster of Hogwarts and teach magic in the way he deemed fit, like his ancestor Salazar Slytherin? That's not really that big of a deal in the end really

Reminder:

Gryffindor - Khorne
Hufflepuff - Nurgle
Ravenclaw - Tzeentch
Slaanesh - Slytherin

He's wizard Hitler, how much more blunt do they have to fucking be before you get it?

he was a wizard supremacist. The interesting thing about his takeover is how easy it went, literally happened offscreen.
What we can draw from this is that most of the wizard world tacitly supports voldemort.

Is he right?

pastebin.com/dsWFzdVq

>Maybe that's a bit tough to swallow, especially since JK Rowling supposedly calls herself a progressive and tries to retroactively add "progressive" themes into the work. Making Dumbledore gay is one example and it came at an apex when people seek gay representation in fiction. It helps that Dumbledore is already a likable man and it won't amend the story if he was represented gay. There's also like a million studies about how Harry Potter encourages empathy and fights against racism or something like that.

>But the thing is: it is an extremely reactionary work. If you read the work with British imperialism and postcolonialist theories in mind, you seriously go what the fuck Rowling are you a wolf in sheep's clothing. Giselle Liza Antol wrote about this beautiful piece on what she calls "ethic otherness" in Harry Potter (it was my first formal introduction to postcolonialist studies, way before I read Orientalism actually -- link: gwroadtrip.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/harry-potter-and-the-other.pdf) and she compares it to the so-called "multicultural" works of Richard Kipling. All that tolerance multicultural bullshit Rowling tries to pull off are banal and don't mean much in the end.

>Minority characters are token characters to show a superficial multiculturalism. Hey, there's a Chinese person on the block. We're multicultural! Rachel Rostad has a wonderful poem about Cho Chang in particular: youtube.com/watch?v=iFPWwx96Kew -- I also recommend looking into Rostad's apology later over some misinformation (I honestly think she didn't do much wrong because wtf is Cho Chang as a name anyway) but also because she examines even more about portrayals of Asian women in media. You can also see this pretend multiculturalism in bizarre shit like the Japanese wizarding school of Mahoutokoro.

He took over the government, installing a puppet as the minister. This at the very least indicates his ambitions were more than just being headmaster of Hogwarts. Likewise he sought to remove all muggleborns, and would eventually expose the wizarding world to muggles, overthrowing them and making them their slaves. He also wanted to be immortal because he saw dying as a symbol of weakness. As Harry was prophesied to be the one who would either kill him or die doing so.

Essentially, he wanted to take over Hogwarts to train a new army to take over the world as an immortal god.

It's actually:
>cool and good
>evil
>clever
>miscellaneous

He wanted to take over the entire world. The thing about the school only educating purebloods was only his main goal when he was in school, and it later became one of his plans for 'purification' of the wizard gene pool.

Perhaps...

Would other countries follow? IIRC the only foreign Voldemort follower was that norwegian teacher.

Your understanding of Hitler is very infantile, my friend. This is not supposed to be insulting but implying that Hitler's motive is what's essentially an inferiority complex is quite misleading.
t. /his/

Woah...

Well done Voldemort, however, you should have killed the dullest franchise along with him. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody - just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Hired gun is DEAD

There it is

Despite the fact that the list is pretty nice bait, I've finished 1984 yesterday and the writing was extremely sub-par. Content was fine but artistically? Wew

No!

Good user.

>What we can draw from this is that most of the wizard world tacitly supports voldemort.

That seems familiar.
#notallwizards

Who would win in a fight, voldemort or based dull poster

Is it ever stated he wanted to take over the world? Or even that he wanted to expose the wizarding world and subjugate all muggles? I think people are confusing him with Grindelwald. It's clearly stated that that was Grindelwald's ultimate plan, but I don't recall ever reading that Voldemort had world-domination ambitions and I read these books and listen to the audiobooks a lot.

>He took over the government, installing a puppet as the minister. This at the very least indicates his ambitions were more than just being headmaster of Hogwarts.
He needed the Ministry to be under Death Eater control so he could research the prophecy and lure Harry into the Department of Mysteries to obtain it. He operated behind the scenes to make it absolutely certain what the prophecy meant.
After killing Harry and turning the wizard community into purebloods only, there's nothing in the books about him wanting to rule the world.

what a bitch

How long has fucking hypersphere been on there holy fuck

>we need more multiculturalism in media!
>ok, here's some
>BITCH YOU RACIST

lel

Nah, it happened so easily because the Ministry denied that Voldemort had returned, and actively tried to discredit any evidence of it to avoid mass hysteria. As a result, everybody was deliberately looking the other way as the Death Eaters killed officials in the Ministry and installed their own with the Imperius Curse.

Why didnt they just shoot each other
Why didnt voldemort just drop harry on his head

suddenly

Same thing would've happened. While Lily stood between them protecting Harry with her life, if Voldy dropped Harry on his head, the boink would rebound and Voldemort would've knocked his own head so hard he'd lose his body.
Whatever he'd try on Harry, the result would've been the same.

Sup Forums

Has her Weistein audition tape been leaked yet?