I'm Marry Poppins y'all

I keep seeing you anons reference this one phrase from GOTG 2, did it really stick out that much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YxqqdATF7w8
youtube.com/watch?v=btY-wd9du4Y
newsarama.com/26500-aliens-space-pirates-and-star-lord-s-year-one-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stuck out in my mind, yeah. It was funny, but also showed that Quill had grown as a person and that Yondu just wanted Quill to like and admire him.

If you haven't seen the movie, it was

>Yondu rides down hanging from his arrow
>Quill says he looks like Mary Poppins
>Yondu: "Who's Mary Poppins? Is he cool?"
>Quill skips the opportunity to give him shit and says, "Yeah, he's cool."
>Yondu, low-key excited that Quill called him someone cool, declares proudly, "I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"

It's a great moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=YxqqdATF7w8

I think the fact that an MCU film ended on such an emotional note was really needed.

I'd really like to see more speculation about Yondu's place in the Infinity War. I was enjoying that in the last thread.

I was pretty stunned by how good the ending was.

>Quill's eulogy
>Kraglin and Quill exchanging final gifts from Yondu
>Gamora and Nebula's goodbye (Seriously, can we give Gunn credit for improving both characters?)
>Father and Son as Groot sits on Quill's lap
>Groot instinctively reaching for Gamora, then falling asleep on Drax's shoulder
>The Colors of Ogord and Kraglin's teary salute
>"He didn't disappoint us."
>"No he did not."
>Yondu's ashes forming the arrow

But I think what got me most was

>"He didn't chase them away."
>"No."
>"Even though he yelled at them. And was always mean. And stole batteries he didn't need."
>"Well of course not."

Damn fine acting from Pratt and Cooper.

It was great moment that was not only funny but also in a way heartwarming.

Best song from volume 2?

youtube.com/watch?v=btY-wd9du4Y

There were a lot of moments like that. Like when Peter and Ego played catch.

It's when you teach your dad something he obviously knows no context about but thinks its great.

It's adorable.

This is the only Marvel movie to make me cry, and the only movie period that I've cried again just thinking about it.

Shit.

I feel like these movies hit a lot harder if you've lost a parent or had a rough childhood. Gunn does emotion really well and this movie was a lot rawer than the first.

I really like that they didn't go the cheap route by having it be a joke at Yondu's expense. It started out that way but then did a complete and unexpected turnaround. It's still funny, without being mean.

Say what you will about the movie, but those final scenes were golden.

I didn't think much about the ending when It came along, but yeah it stuck out quite well. But damn, now that you faggots mention the quality of Yondu's moment, the scene is a bit more touching. Here I examined the movie to being average.

The ending was great because it not your typical "Everything is going to be fine, the heroes save the day and are off on another adventure as their journey continues" ending that is most common. The only one I think that doesn't have kind of ending is the first Captain America.

Even Civil War had that kind of ending sorta.

Yeah, no. It was absolutely dragged down. The movie was so bad and unfunny that it was impossible to care by that point. The scene had no "quality" and the movie was not "average" - it was awful.

I have an attachment to Fleetwood Mac, so I was really hype to see how they used The Chain, That bit at the end when he goes full Star child. 10/10

It was also shocking a surprising to allow Gunn to break Star-Lord's Walkman and replace it with a Zune. That I like because The Walk-Man symbolised the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, ballsy move.

I've been listening to Southern Nights a lot. Loved how that song fit that scene.

I feel like if Starlord had been a girl, he'd told everyone his mom was Mary Poppins, and then she could realize that she had a real Mary Poppins all along.
Hasselhoff was kinda stupid anyways.

I agree. Gunn did a good move there. I also think that this film was a hard task because Gunn couldn't make massive changes that wouldn't affect the team prior to Infinity Wars.

Well Edgar Wright did had a bitch fit and left Ant-Man after the studio wanted to include the beginning scene of young Hank Pym leaving SHIELD.

Hes dead dude

He's supposedly cast in both Infinity Wars movies, he's become extremely popular as of this movie, and the Infinity Gems can raise the dead.

No, anons explained this in the other thread.

Hes only listed as in the movie on IMDB, with no other source. IMDB is wiki-tier in that anyone can edit it, so without an extra source its info is worthless.

>dead
>during Infinity War
Anyone and everyone could and will die and come back.

Could be a flashback role.

Also props for going with a fucking Zune, that got an audible laugh the moment the logo popped up.

I so much loved the use of color in this damn movie - all the psychadelic colors were like one giant middle finger to DC. You CAN do a superhero movie with vibrant designs and heart and humor at the same time, dammit.

No this wasn't the fucking most original script in the fucking world, but the movie was big and loud and fun. THAT'S what superhero movies are about.

Kind of a tough descision, I liked a lot of GOTG2's soundtrack going in.

Bu the Top Five is probably...
>Mr. Blue Sky
>My Sweet Lord
>Fox on the Run
>The Chain
>Wham Bam Shang-a-Lang

Ego was an awesome character.
I was shocked when it was revealed that Ego gave Peter's mom the tumor. It makes watching the first film super disturbing now.

Is Yondu this fucking great in the comics?

Ravagers prequel when?

It could be, but also Coulson could be making a guest appearnce to murder Thanos, steal the gauntlet, and make himself The One Above All.

My point being, there is absolutely 0 reason right now to think that Yondu will make an appearence.

comics yondu is a blue dweeb who uses a bow and not a magic space arrow

Regardless of his weapon, what about him as a character?

he fights in vietnam and has a medal of honor

I love you, user. Keep on trying.

Nobody noticed a blue dude on their squad?

hey man he wasn't yellow

I thought it was the Falcon fight.

I think those are the best kinds of twists, the ones that alter the meaning of previous scenes in a nastier way.

It was a better ending than the rest of the movie deserved

One of the truly funny moments in a pack of OK jokes

Completely different. Comics Yondu is a noble native, intune with nature guy.

more like a cringe moment in a pack of facepalm jokes

I think there is now a Yondu on 616 based on the movie version. Full sinergy.

I haven't read any Bendis/post-Bendis cosmic. How the fuck do they manage this when the original Yondu is from something like a thousand years in the future?

By creating a separate character called Yondu.

New Yondu is original Yondu's ancestor I believe.

t.headcanon

No, that's just what I heard when the character started showing up from other people who read Guardians. You'd have to pay me to pick up a Bendis book.

It didn't happen in the Guardians book and it wasn't written by Bendis.

Edgar Wright was the one that walked? I thought Marvel just dropped him because he kept putting off filming to make his own movies.

Well where did it happen then? I'm being honest about the fact that I've got second-hand information here.

He has a pic or two on his instagram wearing the Infinity War beanies that the cast have been seen wearing. Either they intentionally told him to wear it as a fakeout, he borrowed one from another cast member as a fakeout, or he will be in the movie in some capacity

Fox on the Run was one of my favorite songs before the movie even came out. Since it's not in the movie and that might be cheating, The Chain is also a great song that was used very effectively.

Though since seeing the movie all I can hum to myself is Come a Little Bit Closer and Father and Son.

same user i nearly lost it at when all the other ravagers showed up and shot off the fireworks

>a 21st century Yondu. That's right, the great great great great great great grandfather of Yondu from the original Guardians of the Galaxy and now Guardians 3000.

newsarama.com/26500-aliens-space-pirates-and-star-lord-s-year-one-story.html

>being this easily manipulated

Thats news to me, the original thread that user asked about only had IMDB as a source and half the anons tried to explain thats not a real source and the other half just ignored me.

If thats true, go ahead and let the speculation commence

pic related, shouldve just included it probably

its not your fault user

The first 2/3 of the movie seemed like 5.4/10 in general while the last 1/3 of the movie was like 8.0/10.

The comedy in the first 2/3 of the movie was mostly not that good and some drax stuff seemed overdone. The Stallone scene in the snowy place seemed awkward.

The fight with the octopus seemed odd. I'm not sure why they were hided to fight this thing in particular if they were. Why wouldn't the people on the planet just shoot the octopus with rockets or something? Did they actually live on the planet for an extended period of time providing security services or something?

Groots dance scene at the beginning didn't seem that interesting to me, but maybe it was just supposed to be endearing but it wasn't really that endearing to me.

The part where Ayesha is seen talking to the people in the room of video game style drone controllers seemed kind of rushed somehow.

The Tazerface speech part wasn't too funny. The Ravagers in general seemed slightly lame and not that cool or at least interesting some other way like I might prefer in an action movie.

The movie was okay, it reminds me of Kong: Skull Island with it having some interesting ideas and the first 2/3 having some failings like with the comedy, but the last 1/3 being better. They also both had some good visuals.

Probably a fakeout.
Before AoU came out, they talked about how Quickslav's actor was contracted for multiple movies.

It was ok.
My favorite line was "I'm gonna make some weird shit"

I think the Tazerface joke was the one joke that was probably dragged on a little too much

It's two weeks since I saw the movie and randomly I start thinking about that twist.
It just fucking made me drop my jaw, call me a drone or whatever, but it was long time ago since I enjoyed a movie.

Mr. Blue Sky was about Yondu

drone

>dragged on a little too much
Yeah they should've dropped it after he proudly shouted " Its...metaphorical!"

But why'd he do it though?

I think they were trying to transition from the dark stuff that was just going on. Yondu's men begging their captain from help before being launched into space. Still I agree it went on too long, and it wasn't that funny of a joke to begin with.

it wasn't funny at all, like the rest

I need a gif of that. As well as some screen caps of their faces when they jump through the 700 jumps.

ikr right it was so quirky xD

The only thing I can think of is that had she known that Quin was taken by Ego, she could have done something to that pod he left on earth. Still it would have been easier to abduct them both back to his world and kill them if things didn't pan out.

are you seriously this braindead?

The Chain is one of my favorite songs ever, I also loved how they used it

Because he knew that Peter's mom was the one thing in the universe that could actually distract him from his goal.

user, that warped face style is a common reacontion image format. You just outed yourself as a serious newfag.

Kinda a dumb reason seeing as time is relative to him. Her life would be the light of a spark compared to number of years he has already been alive.

She was the first person that made him feel like he wasn't alone in his entire existence, it was huge to him. He built a damn monument to her, and I don't believe it was for Peter's sake.

Please step on me and call me worthless.

His whole character is that he wanted to meet other intelligent life, did and then thought it boring. He decided the only intelligent life worth sharing the universe with would be himself. You could say he developed a massive EGO. When he realized that he loved Peter's mother it threatened that large EGO and cause him to behave irrationally.

Having an internal crisis about your beliefs is going to be a lot worse when those beliefs involve you thinking you're the only intelligent life worth a damn.

I felt bad for Kraglin when he said they killed my friends.

It's one of the best delivered lines.

That and the Trash Panda reference and Triangle Faced Monkey line as well.

this moment was pure cringe

>btw Jack, I'M the one who killed your parents!

Why do shit villains do this?

>The fight with the octopus seemed odd. I'm not sure why they were hided to fight this thing in particular if they were. Why wouldn't the people on the planet just shoot the octopus with rockets or something? Did they actually live on the planet for an extended period of time providing security services or something?

They fought the octopus for Nabula's custody. Also gold alien's said themselfs that the job the guardians took was beneath them.

Now think of that as a dad moment, like calling your dad cool or someone openly referring to your dad as cool. It adds a little more to this scene.

This one made more sense than others, Peter's mom was nothing to him, barely a blip on the radar. So he has no concept of how important she is to Peter. Ego is so full of himself (Yes) that he doesn't understand why it's such a bad thing to do.

Movie would have been a 9/10 if they'd cut about half of the jokes out. Instead it was a 4/10 that became a 7/10 after the Ego "twist".

Also

>main song is The Chain
>never play the bass solo

>Peter's mom was nothing to him, barely a blip on the radar.

Did you not even watch the movie? He killed her BECAUSE she was important to him and he couldn't handle that

>He built a damn monument to her, and I don't believe it was for Peter's sake.
That would take him a whole what, 4 seconds to construct.

They were going to fight either way.
I imagine Solidus said that to make Raiden angry so he'd act irrational and predictable.

I kind of felt it was too convenient. Like Ego seems like he's decently intelligent enough to know how to emotionally manipulate someone. I feel like he would have been smart enough to not share that small detail....but then, that's not how movies work I guess.

Might've been more natural for Peter to become "one" with the planet for a moment and see into the past and realize it himself.

Fuck the bass solo. I don't know why some of the people here are so obsessed with it when it's probably the weakest part of the song.

He killed her in one of the most painful ways possible. The guy who burnt his wife with gas then stabbed her to death showed more mercy.

>cringe
If you've been that thoroughly programmed by Sup Forums you should just go back there.

>But why'd he do it though?

> I visited Earth three times to see her, I knew if I visited a fourth time I never would've left.