Let's be honest...

Let's be honest, the final showdown Between Kylo and Luke was pretty badass and a nice subversion of expectations when Luke turned out to be some kind of force projection. It is hundreds of times more creative than if it were to be a straightforward lightsaber fight.

The ONLY thing anyone should actually be bothered by this final showdown is the fact that Luke dies anyway at the end, which is fucking stupid and defeats the whole purpose.

>It is hundreds of times more creative than if it were to be a straightforward lightsaber fight.
There shouldn't have been any fight at all

The movie was a terrible mess

>that slomo scene

>subversion of expectations
sure
>nice
no you fucking faggot

It was beautiful and poetic, Luke was the ultimate jedi and still was at the height of his powers to dodge the way he did, to deflect like water and wind the fiery rage of Kylo's wrath. Top tier poetry, my man.

>intentionally do the opposite of what people want/think will happen
I don't understand why people think this is complex or deep or, importantly, good. Especially when it's executed in such a hamfisted, shitty way. And in general makes no sense.

>when Luke turned out to be some kind of force projection
Ok, 100% serious here, is the average American mentally handicapped? did nobody realized he was a ghost the moment he appeared in the base? did people not realize his short dark hair, the anakin light saber (that got destroyed 5 min before that scene) and him not leaving footprints?

Sincerely asking.

>that schlomo script

He only died after that scene.

You know what else would have subverted my expectations? To have piss thrown in my face when I walk OUT of the movie theatre, not when I'm in my seat.

I noticed immediately and rolled my eyes. I get it, he was 'teaching Kylo a lesson' about 'failure' and not allowing him to strike him in anger, thus taking the one thing Kylo wanted away. It's really not that difficult to understand ,you just have to think like a 5 year old with a limited moral compass and Rian Johnson's philosophies are a piece of cake.

it was pretty fucking bad tho.

>slomo
>beautiful and poetic

It's slomo in Star Wars, did we ever even have it in a prior film? It's cheap and tacky and belongs in a Marvel movie.

The language of film changes, people don't make movies the same way they did in the 1940's. Do you really think the outdated pacing and cinematography of the OT would still be utilized in 2017? Grow the fuck up.

>deviation from the originals
the aspects of the prequels are canon, and written by lucas why do they people think just write them off

>it's a hologram

>well i thought it was weird at first but it was pretty "badass" and "subverted my expectations"!
>the last jedi will truly subvert what you expect!
>TLJ is known for subversion of expectations, and being cool!
>awesome, kickass subversion of expectations!

Why is the language always the same, millennial-approved jargon? Why do you shills latch onto the same fucking statements, recycled? Are you handed a notepad or a memo with approved "safe sentences" you can use during your shilling? Honest question here.

>Let's be honest,
okay, the movie was shit and I'm sick of seeing threads about them

MAKE A STAR WARS GEN AND FUCK OFF

Did this guy miss the part where the Jedi are going to continue and Luke was happy about it?

The Jedi will continue by no longer being restricted by rules or a order. Now the Force is free and for everyone, you don't need training or dedication to the Jedi order.
As evident by the child at the end of TLJ, he is a full fledged jedi master ready to fight with the rebellion (formerly Resistance).

>matrix dodges

lmao, it was fucking awful.

There’s slo-mo in ESB when Luke flies out the window