So Will This Be Cancelled or Will The Push Continue?

It's only at issue number 4 and already sales have dropped to 17,893. Will turning her into a stripper save the title? I bet it will.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/05/09/no-30-marvel-titles-will-not-cancelled-based-aprils-sales-numbers/
digitalpriest.com/comics/crew/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just for kicks and giggles Unstoppable Wasp – #4 – 9,780

Another relaunch, to correspond with whatever they make her history like in the MCU.
Carol's probably getting another mindwipe

Wonder Woman #4 - 85,329
Harley Quinn #4 - 73,678
(...)
Mighty Captain Marvel #4 - 17,893

Aww, I'm actually enjoying that.

So much of the stuff I love was made by Marvel. What happened to you?

I hope it gets cancelled

I hate her lesbian butch look and hair

Unlike Dike Danvers, The Unstoppable wasp doesn't get the same benefits of Marvel's perceived leading lady so unless it's selling like hotcakes on digital.....this title is probably gone after issue 6

>Marvel
>selling well digitally
This is a meme that needs to die.

Or maybe they can get a real writer on her and stop forcing KSD's shit characterization down our throats.

For fucks sake it's so simple to do. Why cant these faggots accept they are wrong?

She never sold well to begin with. And never will, for that matter.

Alan Moore couldn't make her successful with he wanted.

She just needs to fuck Spider-Woman already.

It's OK the comic had a scholastic deal so it will stay afloat, it's not like Nova which got killed the moment it reached below 20,000

>She never sold well to begin with. And never will, for that matter.
She did. During fapbait era.

But I never claimed that it's selling well. I'm just saying that it would need to sell very well on digital if the title is to have any chance at all.

fuck you, it should be the opposite

That and the movie will be coming out next year I think? So they'll definitely want it floating until then...floating like a turd in the Mississippi River that one summer I made the horrendous decision to dip my toe in due to the unreasonably hot day.

It would be hilarious if the book was retitled as Alpha Flight and sell around stable 40k every month

No one is saying that it shouldn't be, it just is. That's life buddy. Sometimes you get shafted.

Nova is a straight male it's only natural for Marvel to kill his comic

B,but isn't he also Mexican or something? Shouldn't that count for something....or is being Black the only definition of diversity?

I refuse to accept this fate.
I'm going to find scholastic and torn apart their copies

not diverse enough

It'll get rebooted/renumbered again.
Whenever Carol flops they just reset the clock.

It won't help friend....they're already paid for or counted for or whatever the fuck deal Marvel made with Scholastic. It's like you going into a comic store and ripping up each issue of Squire Girl. Marvel counts what they ship to the store and unlike DC, Marvel doesn't do refunds.....so....there you go.

>.or is being Black the only definition of diversity?

If anything being a white woman is a stronger definition of diversity. Do you really think if Luke Cage pulled Carol numbers he'd still be getting this amount of push from the company? Do you think T'Challa would be getting infinite chances like this?

Awww I feel bad for your family.

>Do you really think if Luke Cage pulled Carol numbers he'd still be getting this amount of push from the company?
Bad example. Luke Cage sells even less.

Hmmm....after that retail summit they might? T'challa at least. While we're on T'challa, World of Wakanda #6 is at 14k issues. Did we really need a Black Panther's world comic? Hey guys! Look at Africa, it's a technological Marvel!

I guarantee the Captain Marvel Generations book will be the retcon to the origin that gets rid of Mar-Vel.

And what happened with Cage?
Did it get a relaunch and an insistence that it actually sold great and that people love him?

Then there is one only solution

I was thinking along the same line but not as extreme. I think it's basically a book to tell us that Danvers is basically the greatest hero there ever will be and that Mar-vel could never be the same hero Danvers is. He's soooo glad she got his legacy becuase as a Woman, she was able to feel things and do things no man could ever hope to accomplish.

And "The Crew" had a terrible start. Worse than "America".

Edgy!

That still won't help. That's equating to ripping up issues that have already been sold. Sure you get the satisfaction of sleeping in the sweet embrace of Oblivion, but the title will go on. Captain Marvel will continue to fly with her manly jawline and brand new crew cut while Nova languishes in the dark bottomless basement that is the Marvel list of could care less.

It's not fair. Nova is a good book.

Quick, somebody photoshop Coral in a thong with a stripper bar. I'll send that to Marvel every month to let them know, we still care about sleazy and drunk Coral. We still won't buy her book. but we'll care.

that's more about getting the writer Coats over as the next big thing.

In a perfect Marvel ran by people with a brain we'd have one Black Panther comic not three. the Defenders/ Heroes for Hire would have just the one team book and Daredevil (maybe Jessica Jones as a Bendis Containment book) not a book for every member, Same with GOTG, Inhumans and The Avengers.

Over-saturation is major problem the entire line has when only the X-Men and Spider-Man have the only fanbase willing to buy multiple books.

this shit is only going to get worst with double shipping and Legacy adding more redundant titles.

My head canon is Nova was cancelled for more Secret Empire tie-ins, so I can direct my anger at things that are more deserving.

There's no way Marvel won't overship the shit out of the 5th issue.

Otherwise, their precious YAAS QUEEN SLAY MOST POPULAR HERO OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE will be selling 15k by issue 5th. This is beyond pathetic.

Which is both true and sad. I only buy X-men books from Marvel and while it's true that I'd be willing to buy multiple X books.....none of the Erection titles are good enough for me to want to go to the comic store and purchase.

They should have done a Jack Ass Rich Rider pranking rookie Nova style of book. That would probably have sold.

>imagine walking up to her and slapping her angry but resigned face with your semi-erect penis

X-Men is currently the best it's ever been since AVX five years ago

they're still crawling through a tube of shit, but at least now you can see the light at end of the tunnel.

Nova should not be about heroes saving the universe. It should be about human space cops doing asshole like things with the denizens of alien planets.

Marvel has 30 titles under water

bleedingcool.com/2017/05/09/no-30-marvel-titles-will-not-cancelled-based-aprils-sales-numbers/

I hope you're right. After this Secret Empire shit is over with, hopefully they can get some real long term narrative going without having to stop and write some editorial mandated filler stories just to tie in with everything else.

I don't know who pointed it out, but someone said how whenever Marvel has a good idea, they decide to try to make way more books around the idea. This only makes it worse. Black Panther seems popular? Time to make World of Wakanda and him in the Crew.

Na, because it's not about the what they are doing wrong. It's about the lack of any competent editors in the X-office. Even average writers can do good work as long as their editors are doing their job and making sure their stories are consistent with what just happened in the last story arc and what's happening with other titles. I mean. Charles Soule was not that shitty of a writer when he was with DC, and he turned to complete shit since arriving at Marvel. He can't sell any title to save himself.

It was Higgins.

This. When writers produce decent to good work at every publisher but Marvel then that points to there being big problems with their editorial.

they do it with more than books. marvels m.o. for as long as i've been alive is get something hot then run it into the ground. in the 90's they did it with over-merchandising, now they've done it with relaunches. Movies are next.

>The Crew
From context I imagine that's a black team book. What, was "The Posse" too on the nose?

Well they didn't even seem to promote this book. I didn't even know it existed, although to be fair, I don't go out of my way to see which new books are coming out.

it doesn't have a scholastic deal though

black writers are boring

Swag Priest laughs at you.

there's an exception to every rule

> All New Wolverine 19 57,526
> Wonder Woman 20 $2.99 DC 45,266
>Harley Quinn 17 $2.99 DC 43,263
>Mighty Captain Marvel #4 - 17,893

Must really bug Marvel Studios that the Marvel IT girl is owned by Fox.

Marvel Studios could not care less about comic sales.

Yeah, but wouldn't they love to turn Laura Kinney into a billion dollar franchise.

This

Yeah that's the thing, when the X-Men barely sell 30k it makes selling less than 20k relative.

This

Marvel studios has nothing to do with it's comic division. They realize that comic sales has no impact on their films and vice versa. Disney could shutter the whole comic division if they don't make money. The only reason why they don't do it is they don't want the fan boy backlash.

No they wouldn't. Marvel film studio is pretty selective about who they pick out for their films. Why Guardians of the Galaxy and not Inhumans? Why Dr. Strange and not someone else? They have a formula and they won't don't give a shit if a character is selling a lot or not selling at all in comics.

>She just needs to fuck Spider-Woman already.

I think you mean "engage in mutual masturbation with Spider-Woman."

I'm pretty sure Carol has a dick, she already has the features of a full blown tranny.

> Black Panther sells well.
> Let's make 3 BP comics.

No one thinks to include the spin off strips in the main BP comic as secondary strips in an anthology format.

Why not make Black Panther an anthology title? That way they can do their spin off strips without losing sales.

Is it true he left Marvel because he was sick of their PC shit?

Not exactly.

He wanted to write Captain America for a pretty long time, but as soon as he got the book, Marvel transformed it in "Falcon". He got pissed and left Marvel, and refuses to write a black character book ever since.

I wonder what the talks with DC were like
>Good afternoon, Priest. We were wondering if you're interested in writing a title.
>Are they black?
>No.
>You got yourself a deal.

I think that's because they put Falcon in because "hey, black writer...so gotta have him write black character."

Didnt KSD or the bimbo after her make a fuss saying that Carol is more important than her sales? I'm pretty sure Mickey has made that book mandatory for them to publish ahead of the movie. They really need their superhero princess.

They originally offered him Cyborg then re-approached with Deathstroke and that was pretty much exactly what happened going by interviews

We're literally only 2 issues in with the main books, too early to tell. And so far, it hasn't been great.

And Firestorm. “Finally, I got offered Firestorm.”

This is where the audience, aware of Jason Rusch, and that he’s black, laughs because we see where this is going. Priest continued to explain that he figured he could do something with the guy with BBQ hair. It was a productive discussion, things were going well, until they sent him reference material and Priest went “He’s black? When did he become black?!” They thought he knew, it was awkward.

That was about three years ago.

Read his blog, dude. It's a great source of information.

You see, this cat Priest is a bad mother--

digitalpriest.com/comics/crew/

>fan boy backlash.
Heh.

>Wonder Woman #4 - 85,329
>Harley Quinn #4 - 73,678
>(...)
>Mighty Captain Marvel #4 - 17,893

Captain Marvel artwork sucks
The scripts suck

People are not stupid

Shut your mouth!

Tens of fans would protest online.

Well then an editor must really like it then.

Sam is Latino but he wasn't stereotypical enough

Maybe if Dick Rider was Rachel Rider a female mentor who was training a Latino Nova then it might have gotten more of a pushs, tumblr loves titles starting white women.

Carol thread?

Marquez Carol is HAWT!

hm true
proof that even shit!Carol can be hot if drawn by a pro

Sh-she's the Wonder Woman of Marvel, g-guys...

Carol and Jess thread.

>Will turning her into a stripper save the title?

I don't think it'll save her but Marvel does lack tits and ass in their comics nowadays.

Is that something that's actually going to happen?

Honestly, I don't hate the new costume... it's just that it's like they can't draw Carol flatteringly any more.

>Marvel's flagship character becomes a proud feminist sex worker, acting as a chamption for sex workers protecting them from toxic masculinity and helping them reclaim their bodies for womynkind!

>Alan Moore couldn't make her successful with he wanted.

He'd bring back Marcus, that would probably generate some kind of controversy sales.

#bringbackmarcus