So, we like this now?

I guess in the great cycle of Sup Forums, we've reached the point in meme evolution where this is now kino?

Fuck off, contrarian, this has always been kino. Only redditor crybabies hate it for ruining muh childhood fairy tale.

wait what's reddit saying? my opinion is the other one

If you didn't recognize this movie's brilliance the moment it ended you should just kill yourself now, because you'll never really get it.

disney shilling has reached new, pathetic levels. get fucked in a mouse trap

No, Kathleen. Go to bed.

Been posting this since last week. Some of us were able to make our own minds up about it without needing the corroboration of RT and contrarians.

POSITIVES
>far and away the most space-based star wars
>resistance plot is speed in space and pulls it off well
>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey
>prequel trilogy actually gets some love in the canto bight sequence calling back phantom menace's tatooine act
>rey shows weaknesses and faults (actually fleshing out her character)
>kylo shows strengths and doubts about allegiences (actually fleshing out his character)
>luke has failed and this actually effects his plot unlike some superhero who is heroic for the sake of being heroic
>fucking puppet yoda
>the suicide run was straight out of my animes
>snoke was a chump and the twist that he really wasn't that important felt good since trying to make him even more evil than sidious would have just been embarrassing
>luke vs kylo
>fuck you, porgs are adorable, didn't effect the plot like ewoks, and were kept mostly in the background
>papabacca
>hoth's placement always bothered me by making the rest of the movie sort of anticlimactic, action-wise; krait at the end was a fitting 'final stand'
>the 'true' story of luke searching kylo, becoming horrified, and then resisting the dark side fits perfectly with his character and actually bridges the OT and ST unlike Han and Leia
>johnson (who i don't care for) actually broke the boring abrams/spielberg/cameron mold and inserted a good amount of panache in the direction

NEGATIVES
>finn and rose didn't do much to endear me to them
>luke's exit wasn't quite as centerplaced as I would have hoped

Overall, 7/10. 3rd best SW after ANH and ESB. It seems normies hated it because it made TFA pointless, which was good in my book because TFA was a pointless movie to begin with.

The parts with kylo and reybwere good. Like they made Rey interesting by proxy. Kind of a miracle right there.

I'm just laughing that normies seem to like the prequels now. And RLM is pretending to have always hated force awakens.

I like this copypasta. Keep posting it.

Die in a fire, you fucks

Check'd.

>buying into the meme that kennedy has any control over this

#NOTMYLUKE

>And RLM is pretending to have always hated force awakens.
How? In the Plinkett review, the Rogue One review and the TLJ review they stuck by it and mocked people who started hating it when it became fashionable.

Trips confirm. Best one since Empire.

>salty rian johnson fanyboy is still salty

One of these days you'll finally realize that the reason this movie sucked isn't because of some studio or some producer or some story group or sjws or jews or anything like that. The reason this movie sucked is because Rian Johnson wrote a shitty script and directed a shitty movie.

Have you ever noticed how people don't usually talk about the producer's input when appraising movies, yet Star Wars """superfans""" can't stop talking about how this woman has ruined their favorite series?

Really makes you think.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAH, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Fuck Sup Forums contrarian olympics. It's a garbage movie and nothing will change that.

Shillpost is shill

now that the movie has properly failed over christmas it's okay to pretend to like it and piss off the star wars spamming faggots.

I hate to say something so trite, but you really must be new here. That's literally the entire purpose of this board. Everybody is shitting on the movie, therefore we must love it.

Because they forced themselves to say they hate and that what's his face was always lukewarm to it.

Now they're either saying they love it still or they're also following trend to hate it.
They trapped themselves.

I just feel bad I didn't say anything before it came out because it was obvious they were going to destroy everything we love.

Wait, so RLM = Sup Forums?

Are they really /ourguys/?

I was posting hate comments and making accounts to lower the ratings for weeks until I actually saw it...

It was better than expected. Not brilliant, but ok.

I literally hate no great opinion before it or after it. It's perfectly adequate. It's not good. It's not bad.

Yeah, we would've thought you were cool if you got that opinion out earlier.

>guess in the great cycle of Sup Forums, we've reached the point in meme evolution where this is now kino?
So this is what mental retardation looks like...

Now, now, now. There's no use in trying to act like you're any better than anybody else here. We're all the same, wasting time on this shit hole board.

>we've reached the point in meme evolution where this is now kino

That's not how it works, shill. It's kino from the word "go" or not at all...such as it was with BvS and BR2049.

Sorry, there's no second life for this turkey here.

If that's the lightsaber from Bespin how did it get there?

it's unironically one of the worst edited movies I've ever seen

also John Williams must be getting senile

John Williams had nothing to work with. He's still a master at themes and leitmotifs, but when the story is incoherent and the characterization is virtually nonexistent there's nothing you can do.

>it's unironically one of the worst edited movies I've ever seen

Is "badly edited" the new "good cinematography"? By that I mean the new boilerplate film opinion that gets tossed out then never elaborated on?

She's the common factor between two movies that were terrible, you brainlet

This. Ignoring the garbage script full of plotholes and the SJW propaganda. This is one of the worst edited and directed big budget movie I have EVER seen in my life. If this came out around the time Phantom menace came out everyone would hate it for the out of place marvel snarky jokes just like they hated Jar Jar. But now all of this shit somehow gets a pass? Fuck nu-males.

>somehow gets a pass?
By whom? Fans hate this worst than any prequel.

>a contrarian calling someone else with a majority opinion a contarian

This man trolled EVERYONE, and was paid to do it.

True, but mostly so i can say I'm not parroting.

Episode 7 had worse editing.

Had a ton of "did they just fuck that up and leave it in?" moments

I made a thread yesterday suggesting we infuriate normies by positive-bombing the Twilight movies. Guess the average reaction to the thread.

Sup Forums is nothing if not predictable.

It's the best SW movie.

so because this cuck Johnson can put explosions and alien titty milk on the edges of the widescreen he's up there with Kurosawa. haha ok... Is that Rian's boyfriend twitter account or something?

He's aomeone that deeply understands movies.

Your shaming tactics have no power here.

He has a point, you know?

Maybe TLJ was fantastic after all.........

Let's fight pasta with pasta.

For a story to be good, the first step is interesting characters. There are none. Fanbois are so desperates that the crown Ben Solo the best one. Which says a lot when the character you find the most appealing is a ridiculous one straight out of a sitcom for teenage girls.
Next you need a plot and it has to be something that make sense.
The fact that the EU was retconned is quite logic but a real transition was needed to get in the current state of the galaxy. Its not explained and make the public lost. What happened ? Then you read the wiki to have a rundown and you just feel like you shouldnt have. Since its ridiculous. But its only the beginning of the shitfest. Rey begins her journey by following a lost droid for no reason. And continues for no reason either. The stormtrooper deserts because he is disgusted of war, then slaughter his comrades happily. The villains are complete idiots. "Capture them !" And then the stormtroopers proceed to open fire. Wait, its not dumb enough, so TIEs join the hunt. And it goes on and on. Every single minute of these movies give you a higher dose of cancer than the whole transformer saga. Its not just bad SW, its awful movies. Plain and simple. No plot, no logic, no soul, nothing

>but muh deconstruction
Its a sad and arrogant buzzword used by brainlets who think pissing on something is art. Its not.
>but muh accepting failure and getting lessons from them.
Nowhere in the movies it happens. Stop inventing things. Its just random done by people with the memory of a fish. What lesson they learned ? None so far.

>but my erasing/forgetting the past
Terrible and perfect for self hating losers. The past is the fundation of the future. When its positive, you build on it. When its negative, you keep it in mind to avoid repeating mistakes. The past is what gave us culture and wealth, because its a word that encompass the work of passed generations, that allowed us to enjoy what we have.

Sup Forums will always be contrarian. Always. Marvel is garbage, Zack Snyder is the new Kubrick, Alien:Covenant was kino, Bladerunner 2049 was just a memefest, and TLJ is GOAT(but the critics don’t understand it!)

"Badly edited" is "90 minutes of filler that was pretty much irrelevant to the final outcome tacked onto 40 minutes of actual content". It is "scenes thrown together haphazardly". Now fuck off.

Holy fuck, He just debated it into a good movie. I'm a Grizzly for Disney™.

>Marvel is garbage,
True.
>Zack Snyder is the new Kubrick,
No.
>Alien:Covenant was kino,
At least the David sections.
>Bladerunner 2049 was just a memefest,
It was a lovely film.
>TLJ is GOAT(but the critics don’t understand it!)
*WOAT