10/10 wife, absolute hot piece of ass

>10/10 wife, absolute hot piece of ass
>two beautiful children
>5-bedroom house in Chicagoan elite neighborhood
>all while on shoe salesman salary

and he was supposedly having it sooo bad. what the fuck?

it was a different time, before we gave it all away to foreigners

He was just a misanthropic, pessimisstic ass, he coulda lived in a mansion and still been miserable. That's just his character.

Did Peggy peg Al?

He sold shoes to fat ladies. A job in retail is a living hell. His wife was cute but she never did anything but smoke, eat bon bons and watch Oprah. Didn’t cook Al dinner.

It was a time before men were being prescribed a pill for every problem they have.

Someone post the daughter please. This shit ALWAYS had me diamonds

he lives in Chicago and likes football, that should be enough

>10/10 wife
All due respect to Katey Sagal but I have to disagree. She always seemed like a 6/10 or so to me.

Best laughtrack sitcom ever, prove me wrong.

Yea I agree. She did nothing for me. When I was a wee lad

> YEA AL!

But they shot for the most part in front of a live studio audience. That’s why the sets always looked like dogshit.

also

> 4 touchdowns in a single game

he couldn't afford that house irl on just his salary to be frank

She was a 9/10 for me as a kid
An 8/10 now

But she was always horny user. I'll take a wife like that anyday. Men should cook regardless, we spice shit up better.

>and he was supposedly having it sooo bad. what the fuck?
He was in debt up to his eyeballs and it was squeezing the life out of him.

These. A time when a shitty retail job could support your entire family. That doesn't happen anymore. They'd have divorced years ago in this day and age and he'd been found in a hotel room with a .45 through his head.

This. It's like people don't watch the show.
He knows his wife is hot it's addressed in several episodes but for him its a matter of principle. He has been beaten, his house is large enough but it's crappy, he is stuck in a dead end job looking at feet of ugly fat women, his son is a manlet who jerks it all day, his daughter is dumb as a rock and a whore, his wife is useless in every aspect and lazy as fuck, he was once a popular jock scoring 4 touchdowns in a single game with high hopes and dreams and all of them gone.

pretty much everyone in any sitcom lives in a nice house. i don't know why, maybe tv writers/directors/etc. are out of touch, or maybe they just feel the public doesn't want overt poverty thrown in their face.

anyway, iirc, they do a pretty good job of establishing how poor they were despite the nice house. they have an unbelievably shitty dodge. there's almost never any food in the house, and when al does get money, peg and the kids just spend it all.

it is weird how al never wanted to fuck peg, but a lot of guys get tired of fucking their wives regardless of how attractive they are. it's really just a sendup of that i guess.