So word on the street is that JJ Abrams will replace Kathleen Kennedy as President/CEO of Lucasfilm

So word on the street is that JJ Abrams will replace Kathleen Kennedy as President/CEO of Lucasfilm.

Bravo, Disney!

Other urls found in this thread:

zenimax.com/about
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm OK with that, honestly. At least he's a film-maker and not an accountant which luckily sucked the right dicks in the 70's.

Good.

yeah but The Force Awakens sucked and was a waste of time, why not find somebody who can really take the franchise in the direction it needs to go?

Sauce?

OH NO NO NO NO

better a greedy kike than SJW psycho

Hollywood 2bh f-a-m

Abrams would be only a minor improvement, but anyone more pragmatic than Kennedy would be an improvement at this point.

Kennedy was fucked the moment she made them make a deliberately shitty character to show China execs she was the boss and wasn't going to bend herself to please them like Feige. She fucked up an entire market just to throw a dig.

[citation needed]

DUDE WHAT ABOUT THE LAKE DISTRICT AS A NEW PLANET LMAO

>This time, the members of the New Resistance™, must blow up a larger, even more deadly Starkiller Base™ that is capable of destroying entire quadrants of the galaxy.
>Kylo Ren™, now installed as Supreme Leader™ of the First Order™, is hunting Rey™, the Last Jedi™ in an attempt to extinguish the Jedi™ once and for all.
>Don't miss the inevitable space battle led by That One Pilot™, rendered obsolete by the Holdo Manuever™ of hyperlighting ships to cause catastrophic damage, as our heroes Chewbacca™, the Porg™ and that Black Guy™ with the Potato Girlfriend™ jerry rig a plan to sabotage the most complicated machine ever built.

>sitting around and dreaming up this ridiculous scenario and then posting it for others to read as if it makes any sense or has any basis in reality

is this the power of Sup Forums?

Lol

Good.

At least he loved star wars, you can tell from the fucking Kotor reference (starmap, Rey=bastilla look), exciting build up to luke, literal rehashing of Ep4, Han was part of the adventure and was in character.

Kathleen and Rian just shit over EVERYTHING.

lmao

Replace a SJW feminazi moron with a Jew that will fix it!

Disney and Hollywood are so done at this point you guys have no idea.

Save your movie business shekels and move to something else.

I keep reading about this shit but no one ever shows any proof. Is it a Sup Forums meme?

Force Awakens aint nothing special and his Star Trek movies are fucking TRASH. So who the fuck cares if they replace one clueless bitch with a clueless jew

at least the jews have been doing since hollywood began.

he's not the right choice either, but he's better than her

from "the force is female" to "force is jewish"
dont know whats worse

JJ is trash. Nu-wave of pop directors. All style, no substance.

are you a miserable person?

Sup Forums is not alone in this struggle

>female
>jewish
what's the intrinsic difference?

WHY NOT FILLONI? OR EVEN PABLO?

non-argument detected

NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! THE FORCE IS FEMALE

why would anything good happen

So brave, Disney.

Fucking thank God

Wolf 2 was a false flag, subtly brought into existence by the trump admin. It was developed by swedish cucks, who were allowed to go really off the chain by their publisher Bethesda. Bethesda is owned by videogame monolith Zenimax. And who is on the zenimax board of directors?

zenimax.com/about

ROBERT TRUMP. DJT's secretive younger brother and current manager of the Trump corperate empire

obviously

Imagine them all watching.

This is literally the only time in my life I will support a Jew over a Got

Abrams probably had all sorts of ideas for his characters that Rian destroyed

At least the Jews know how to make money and please fans.

I FUCKING HATE THIS PICTURE AND THIS BITCH. HOW THE FUCK IS THIS ABSOLUTE DIMWIT IDIOT CUNT IN CHARGE OF FUCKING STAR WARS???????????? AND WHY THE FUCK DOES THE BITCH HAVE A DARK SHIRT WHEN THE OTHERS ARE WHITE? EVEN IN HER SHALLOW MINDED I WE ARE WOMEN HEAR US ROAR FIGHT THE POWER TOGETHERNESS BULLSHIT, SHE HAS TO BE DIFFERENT AND SPECIAL LITTLE SNOWFLAKE THAT STANDS OUT FROM THE OTHER FEMALES SHE FAKES BEING INCLUDED WITH, EGOTISTICAL MOTHERFUCKING RETARD. SHE PROBABLY BARKS ORDERS AND RULES HER LITTLE UNDERLING BITCH SQUAD WITH AN IRON FIST LIKE THE "TERRIBLE MEN" SHE CLAIMS TO STAND AGAINST. PROBABLY PEERING OVER RIAN JOHNSONS SHOULDER THE WHOLE TIME TELLING HIM WHAT TO INCLUDE AS HE WROTE THIS PIECE OF FUCKING TRASH SOCIAL JUSTICE WARS MOVIE

One is smart. One tries to be smart.

One is the enemy. One is a fucking joke.

jewjew binks is pretty good at setting up story elements. see Lost, or his "mystery box" TED talk. but he can't wrap it up for shit. it takes real talent to get beyond "le epic twist" into a satisfying resolution. again, see Lost, etc.

What fucking direction? It needs to stop. You can't really expand on it, there's nothing there to begin with.

Good. Then team up with christopher nolan

Why does everything need a resolution?

Give it back, you filthy kikes

Still Shit but MUCH better than Kennedy. JJ knows that you need to please the fans once and awhile

Most people aren't into edging

why wouldnt you be?

That's not an answer

because it's a story, not some shit serialized reality tv show that the public has gotten used to. it's supposed to have a beginning, middle and end. jesus christ, if i could go back in time and murder jacques derrida, i fucking would. we get it, postmodernists, you're suuuuuuper clever. now fuck off and give me my monomyths so I can have some inspirational heros in my pop culture.

/thread

Your whole post amounts to "because it should." I'm asking you why it should

Yes it is. Resolution is the orgasm of narrative

Well, the Aftermath novels and Battlefront II gave us satisfying closure on the Empire's story. The real question is whether they manage to achieve the same effect while ending the First Order.
They can't make the First Order's feel too similar to the Emire's... and there can be no remnants this time. Once the First Order is done, there should be no other comebacks. I feel that's a weird narrative corner they've pressed themselves into.

He still looks sane and healthy.

I think he has a few more Star Wars film in him. I say let him do it he already knows by now what he fucked up and what people want from Star Wars.

I don't know what to think anymore, boys

Why does everything need a resolution?

because otherwise you get pic related.

Could you at least try, user?

agree

Because it's the part that makes the tension and conflict up to that point actually satisfying instead of just frustrating

*can't make the First Order's fall feel too similar to the Empire's

OH NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONON PLS GOD NO NO NO NO

Thet would be a send off to remember desu.

Why do you need to be satisfied? Is that the purpose of film to you?

This, provided he hires the right subordinates.

do I have to spell it out for you? are you dense or just trying to socratic method a stranger on the internet? what is the point of telling a fictional story with no resolution? it's abusive to your auidence. it's lazy for the storyteller. without resolution, you have the joke from idiocracy i posted. no point. all gag or style over any substance. that's jj's #1 sin.

I prefer Kennedy

One of the purposes, at least

So? The state of the franchise wouldn't change under his direction. SW gets stagnated in shit.

disney uses JJ for movie The Force Awakens, turns out mediocre. Throw in a ratchet shit director Rian who makes a shitshow and lowers the bar further. Everyone starts begging for JJ back. Disney decides to "fix" its public image by bringing back JJ because nothing is worse than Rian at this point. They remove Rian from the next trilogy to further please the crowd and make fans okay with it. FUCK U DISNEY

kys anti-semite

Shut up, Rich.

Big if true. This is the only time I’ve been relieved to have a kike replace someone

Almost 75 replies ITT and still not one shred of proof that what OP said is true or even actually rumored.

He still has a contract with Paramount. So Disney will have to play a transfer fee. Just like soccer players.

I'm just asking questions, user. Calm down. And yes, I am asking you to explain yourself. It's something you clearly feel strongly about, yet you are evading answering the question in any kind of...satisfying way.

TFA was not that bad. As a movie on its own it holds up pretty well. I can understand the whole “it literally repeats IV” but that’s kind of expected. They wanted to make a safe movie to start out and they did. It wasn’t a masterpiece but it certainly wasn’t bad. It had some flaws I won’t deny it, but nothing awful like TLJ. I would’ve liked to see where JJ wouldve taken it if he had done VIII.

I hope they make Dave Filoni head of the writers room.

VII had lame dialogue, unlikeable characters, and is mostly just fucking boring. I mean, yeah, it's not offensively terrible, but it's still not good. About the only scene with any genuine emotional impact was keanu reeves jr murdering harrison ford, but you can only do that once

sounds awful

Seriously does no one know how to make a new tab and fact check? Word on the street trumps that I guess.

You watch too much Mr. Robot

What’s the lame dialogue? I thought things were okay for the most part with the exception of “I CAN TEACH YOU REEEEEE.” And I didn’t really care too much for Finn or Rey at the time but they kinda grew on me after awhile. Maybe it’s just conditioning by (((them))) but I’m also tempted to say it was just learning to accept that there are new protags. Also what did you find boring about it? I’m legitimately curious when people find a movie boring because this doesn’t happen to me very often, even if it’s shit. Only things that really bore me are those intentionally bad movies like Sharknado or C-level horror movies

>emotional impact in a scene so utterly predictable

You didn't see Snoke's death coming either, didn't you?

>do greedy kikes and psycho SJWs make you miserable?
Yes

Something doesn't have to be a surprise to be impactful

>impactful
fucking die faggot

welcome to Sup Forums

potato girlfriend lol

I. guess it's just hard to get invested in the action scenes when I don't really care one way or another how they turn out

they are the same thing

>that ugly rat race
>that condescending stare

God damn, I hate kikes.

Fine. Emotionally engaging?

Same shit.

There was no exposition as to why the Empire was magically back, why the new republic was impotent, or why Leia had her own personal military force. Star Wars even has a scrawl of exposition in the beginning but they completely squander it telling you over and over that luke is somewhere and everyone wants to find him, but they don't tell you why. Beyond that it's just the nuGhostbusters version of star wars. You need better standards.

nu-StarWars suffers from the DCEU syndrome. It feels rushed. Yes, Star Wars could have a new direction, but first it needed a proper closure for the Skywalker saga (Episodes I to IX) that allowed us to breathe and then want more, something different, not using the last trilogy of the saga to fucking annihilate everything while trying to make us "move on" with new characters shoved in the middle of the non-plot that are very bland at best, after rehashing the episode IV.

People wanted a proper end to the Skywalker family saga (and that's preciselly why at the moment Ren is the only character that matters), and THEN a new unrelated trilogy maybe set 3000 before in the other side of the galaxy, appart from nostalgic spinoffs exploring characters like Fett or Kenobi, which would be ok if they weren't in direct contradiction with Disney's idea of MOVE ON ASAP LOOK THIS KID AT THE END USES THE FORCES ANYONE CAN BE THE NEXT HERO SEE, SEE???

This middle term feels rushed and its very frustrating for the fans, specially seeing how well Mark Hamill was looking for this final entry.

t's a fucking waste.

what you think of his daughter?

Better Rey than Ridley

hello jj