Why did they make replicants so frail?

Why did they make replicants so frail?
Like not being able to funcion underwater or being capable of bleeding out from a wound?
Arent they supposed to be machines who can do work humans cannot?

they're humans user...

because they can seriously fuck shit up when they go rogue

see also: blade runner

He got shot, stabbed like five times, smashed through 2 walls, got his ass kicked 4 times, fell off a balcony, survived a car crash and survived 2 missiles blowing up just feet from him
K was pretty tough

>Arent they supposed to be machines who can do work humans cannot?

The one thing we know for sure is that they're not machines. They seem to be humans that are grown for a specific purpose and given a limited mind dedicated to that purpose. More akin to Brave New World than anything.

Why a replicant designed to hunt down other replicants isn't 300+ pounds and built like a tank is a question I can't answer. Gosling should look more like Sapper in this movie.

because they are almost biologically identical to human and have the same design and limitations

They're generally more resilient to fit the tough jobs they're supposed to do, but since they also need human-level intelligence for similar reasons, it would be a terrible idea to make them overwhelmingly superior physically as well.

It's one of the bits that does make sense about the setting, user; no reason to try and randomly undermine it.

This

K fucking smashed through a wall running when he noticed the door was locked.

That takes some strength.

>Sir, looks like we can't control replicants as well as we think we can?
>What's the damage?
>They're crazy super strong, so they just break our bones like popsicle sticks
>I have an idea
>Let's make another replicant, but, like, even super stronger!

K is the first of Wallace's replicants to disobey orders.There is even a short film dedicated to showing how loyal they are.

Humans could do that

shut the fuck up

Why not just put a bomb somewhere in the replicants and link all the detonators to the cops computer?

it finally came out on torrent and saw it
it was very low brow i mean the twist is pretty easy to figure out: k is a replicant and joi is not real
also making the protag the son of the previous protag is cliche

there are different models.

He wasn't faggot, Deckard had a daughter they just put the fake memories in K's head to stitch him up as a fall guy

He's not his son

>also making the protag the son of the previous protag is cliche
you're a literal brainlet

lel ur so stupid
the daughter put her memories in a lot of replicants
thats why all those repa thought they were the child

>t. soyboy too polite to smash through a wall to get where he needs to go

trolled! lol ;P

>i mean the twist is pretty easy to figure out: k is a replicant and joi is not real
I can't believe share a board with you brainlets

Not sure what other people are talking about, but 2049 replicants are made with intentional weakness so they don't get a repeat of the rogue super strong replicants of the past

Spread you ass cheeks faggot and I'll show you trolling

Jesus, did you really saw the movie?

there are miner models who need less air or some shit.

>people are falling for this bait
Jesus fucking christ

>pretending to be retarded

replicants are just test tube babies, they are human

They aren't pretending.

Also, I'm glad they took out that goofy HUMAN song in the end credits that showed at theaters. Really distracted me. Thought we were getting a vangelis ending credits remix, but oh well.