Have a fan-favourite character that never made an appearance

>have a fan-favourite character that never made an appearance
>cast Laura Dern as her 26 years later
>make her a forced, dull, and painfully unfunny character you don't give a shit about
>"Fuck you"
>without a doubt the worst part of The Return
>needlessly force her into a relationship with the protagonist, making sure that he never esquires about the love of his life (who he has not seen for 25 years)
>ensure there is not an ounce of chemistry between the two
>/tpg/ redditors bend backwards to support you
What did you fools mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6__bKeRc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the wig was ridiculous too

Lynched

I will never understand what Lynch sees in this surf board.

Fuck you OP.

He wanted to see Kyle fuck her again

Chrysta is clearly superior

Laura Dern did an excellent job though

it's one of those links to reality like having the actual owner of the house in part 18 as Dern was deeply involved with both kyule and lynch

I will admit that I did not imagine Diane to be a bitchy chainsmoking Laura Dern but she made it work

The Diane I imagined for all these years was older than Coop, like a sickly sweet middle aged woman who would have been a grandma by the time of the Return

That hardly matters, the character was so terrible that acting wouldn't save her.
> Dern was deeply involved with both kyule and lynch
When she was involved with Kyle, they had great chemistry together. If it was meant to be a link, why go out of your way to make such an awful character?

White hair diane wasn't even real, I mean it's questionable how real the others were but the tulpa was definitely fake

>making sure that he never esquires about the love of his life (who he has not seen for 25 years)
This is the most mind boggling part of The Return. Coop doesn't even bring up the person responsible for the whole series.
Mark Frost even went as far as to say that 'Cooper had more important things on his mind'. Things too important to consider Annie, but not important enough to stop an excruciating relationship with a woman with hair like THAT?

that scene where she had her meltdown and tried to kill Gordon was excellent though

>needlessly force her into a relationship with the protagonist, making sure that he never esquires about the love of his life (who he has not seen for 25 years)
holy fucking shit this, holy reason to go up there after windom is to rescue her,

>Mark Frost even went as far as to say that 'Cooper had more important things on his mind'.
That's the same guy who went on to write that Annie randomly says "I'm fine" for no good reason.
I'd reckon Frost is to blame for Diane's terrible writing as much as Lynch is.

the return also completely ignores this fan-favourite character

>needlessly force her into a relationship with the protagonist
>ensure there is not an ounce of chemistry between the two
oh wow you mean like heather graham?

at least he got a chapter in frost's new book. literally got more closure than fucking windom earle

Windom Earle doesn't need closure, Bob killed him.

There's more chemistry in this one scene, than Diane had in the entire Return
youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6__bKeRc4