Toonami Ratings for 5/6/2017

Toonami will have a panel at Momocon on May 26th at 8:30pm.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release 2018.

Last week was another week of garbage ratings, this week was a week of even shittier ratings. First off, for the second week in a row, Jack was the number one rated program on Saturday. But as usual, that's where the good stops. AoT continues to fall in ratings, now failing to even reach the 800k mark.

11:00 Samurai Jack 1358 0.61 789
11:30 Dragon Ball Super (r) 986 0.44 567
12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 925 0.40 519
12:30a Attack on Titan 771 0.35 447
1:00a Tokyo Ghoul 713 0.33 423

1:30a Hunter X Hunter 649 0.30 379
2:00a Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 550 0.26 333
2:30a Naruto: Shippuden 539 0.25 327
3:00a Ghost in the Shell (r) 515 0.23 299

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4e0wy3yznA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Family Guy really got stomped by Jack this week

8:00 Dragon Ball Super 0.53 879 0.29 378
8:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.44 691 0.28 356
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.53 820 0.35 443
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.57 875 0.38 485

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.68 1067 0.46 597
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.76 1172 0.53 683

3:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 500 0.24 307
4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 533 0.28 357
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 535 0.26 334

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 561 0.25 323
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 528 0.23 292

Why do they even fucking bother with AoT? It is a failed series! Rerunning Gurren Lagann makes more sense

Please press F to pay respect to all the daughterfags who committed suicide at 10:24 PM on May 6th 2017

>AoT in charge of drawing
Why the fuck did those retarded Nips wait 4 years to make a new season of it

Let's listen to the smarkbusters recite bleach fanfiction

m.youtube.com/watch?v=t4e0wy3yznA

Stereo Love came on the moment you posted senpai

AoT has lost its hype

B-but it wasn't 4 years w-we gave you AoT J-junior high.

Toonami is not going anywhere, I can see another cut in the future, but the brand is there to stay, airing super, bebop reruns, big O, and some other cheap anime

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Good to see I wasn't the only sad sack of shit that stayed up to watch Ghost in the Shell

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RIP in pieces

It will probably just be 1-2 hours of Kai, Super and maybe something from the rerun catalog, but those don't draw viewers so that wouldn't last. Toonami may as well be cancelled at that point though anyway.

Between DBZ Kai and Shippuden is a massive vacuum of complete suckage. Gundam is a weak franchise, Hunter x Hunter is barely tolerable and AoT is a flop. Reairing Gurren Lagann or Bebop would help raise the ratings due to their popularity and overall well written stories. FLCL can't arrive soon enough

Honestly it's pretty fucking disturbing (and sexist as fuck) that people want to read their relationship as Father/daughter subtext. Ashi never had any autonomy of her own and now that she finally makes an impactful choice people want to close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and pretend like it's not real. Why isn't tumblr freaking out at the father/daughter shit? Isn't that infantilizing Ashi and negating her free will? Fuck this noise

Gurren Lagann was a flop its first run, reruns NEVER help. There are so many shows Toonami has never aired that would pull an audience, they have zero need for putting on more reruns

You forgot a layer of the tumblr outrage, it's not just that it wasn't father/daughter, it's that because it wasn't, it's a hetero relationship. And we just can't fucking have that now can we?

Happy Piccolo Day everyone

Stop posting Jack butthurt.

You fags are worse than gamergate

I can understand not liking the ship or thinking it's rushed. I also kind of agree that I would have preferred Jack and Ashi to just be allies, and not lovers.

But why the fuck do these people have a problem with the ship being a straight one? Did they honestly expect Jack be gay or Ashi to be a lesbian?

Stay salty faggot

Yeah no, this was more and more obvious as the series progressed. The whole daughter idea was forced as hell and only based on the episode where he recounts his father having to kill humans AND NOTHING ELSE.

Besides, this relationship had good progression, both subtle & blatant foreshadowing, and simple, but good reasons why these two would at least hit the bed once or twice. Considering other poorly written and forced relationships (I'm looking at you Bioware) this was at the very least decent.

Now, if you want to keep arguing about something, what happens from here? Does the relationship die off, do they regret it, or is one of them killed off? Is Ashi forced to take up the sword if Jack dies?

A lot of the episodes were building up to this, but it's hard to tell how it will turn out.

Tumblr thinks Jack is a gay icon

Next weeks episode preview says Aku tells Jack "his worst fear" about Ashi

He's only gay for johnny bravo

>so now the heterosexuals have ruined Samurai Jack

His worst fears are The Guardian is dead, the portal is destroyed, Ashi is pregnant, and she's been kidnapped by Aku

She suddenly comes to terms with her sexuality and elopes with the Scotsman's daughters (yes, all of them)

I lost it at the "white protagonist" part

That's where this notion started
>engage in small talk with another man
>OMG LOOK AT HOW GAAAAAAYYYYYYY THOSE TWO ARE YASSS CARTOON NETWORK QUEEN SLAY

Back to tumblr with you

Ok shot in the dark: how about airing uncensored Gantz in Gundam Unicorn's timeslot?

Super is killing this block

This is depressing. At least we know that you can't air a hype anime, take four years off and come back, especially when the cutoff point of the first anime led to some hype moments and then dullness.

The shittiest thing about this is that AoT S2s numbers are gonna kill the notion of simuldubs (even if this is three weeks behind) on Toonami for either a long while or forever.

The problem isn't Super or Kai. It's everything after Kai and before Shippuden. Just move Naruto up

Isn't that what killed Space Dandy?

I believe that Dandy did pretty solid numbers during its whole run and it wasn't based on an existing work. If anything, it was probably the most universally received show across of the whole of new Toonami's run.

So what do you think could compete with Super and Kai other than og Dragon Ball?

well, this week's AoT episode wasn't particularly thrilling. The tension starts ramping up from next episode onward, but I dunno if people would still care enough to tune in.

Tossing out ideas of which one will replace it:

>Gantz
>Berzerk
>Star Driver
>High School D X D (i fucking wish)
>Other (list series and opinion)

I think MHA would do pretty solid, but Funi isn't giving that up. Alternatively, it would have to be something that was widely considered good, but passed up.

AgK was the exception in that it wasn't good, but it flew under the radar for the viewing populace and as such, everyone tuned in.

AgK imo was a complete clusterfuck. I tried to get into it but it kept turning me away.

That was a joke my man. Are we both gay now?

>implying you wouldn't want to watch a bunch of 7 foot something Scottish broads run a train on a small Asian girl

Fag

Not into futa fampai.

>A show about a literal samurai from feudal Japan fighting a literal demon in a post-apocalyptic setting in the far future.
Such a non-cis and highly-inclusive premise.

>2004

I mean, it's gonna be hard to outdo how shitty Unicorn has done, but Toonami should probably stay away from literal antiques too.

>other than OG Dragonball
>other than

I love the meme that people think normies like OG Dragonball at all

Toonami can't be airing fair weather shows where people only tune in when they get "good". Mostly because that doesn't actually happen, if people aren't watching now they won't watch later

But it was a clusterfuck people tuned in for. That's the key here

What are you fags gonna do in two weeks when based Jack isn't here to prop up your shitheap anime any more?

Thunderbolt Fantasy on Toonami when?

It was just anime GoT minus incest and tits.

Then why do they constantly get the insane urge to air Evangelion?

Unicorn is such a terrible Gundam series to make episodic

I still dont know why they decided to bust up the OVAs in the first place

Is there any word on when IBOs2 is getting dubbed?

>remove One Piece
>remove Jojo
>ratings tank
fuckers

Because nostalgiababbies keep fucking asking for shit like that, then they get it and the people who asked for it don't watch it

Ratings averages increased when OP was removed though. OPfags cling to confirmed error ratings from its last airing on DST as something that mattered.

It's done, probably will be announced in a few weeks that it will waste a slot on Toonami for 6 months

The problem is most .modern anime has moved away from action shows. Toonami needs more dramas and comedies to reel people in

>Alternatively, it would have to be something that was widely considered good, but passed up.

AHEM.

How can people be nostalgic over it?! It is by far the worst series ever concocted! brb i need to take one of my anger suppression pills

IGPX needs a sequel series

Reminder that the Jack finale could of aired this Saturday.

Fucking April Fool's day bullshit...why couldn't they have just showed The Room like years prior?

JoJo has "no more content" currently since subs aren't allowed and One Piece was a long running shonen leech that needed to be cut off a long time ago.

>not liking HxH but liking Emo Filler Shippuden

Nostalgiafag confirmed, discarding opinion.

I said it was barely tolerable. Im just waiting for everything AFTER Invasion of Pain to air

>Ratings averages increased when OP was removed though

They went up slightly for one week, then crashed and have stayed that way since.

And now THREE shows are doing worse than One Piece did.

People can cry and weep about "OPfags," but the show's fanbase was loyal enough to sit through all of Toonami to get to their show at 2:30. They weren't a gigantic group but they boosted the ratings of every show up until OP ended. Now they're gone, and the ratings reflect this.

As awesome as it'd be, that'd take too much money and time. We need something that can be negotiated and air before FLCL 2 and 3, assuming production isn't near completion yet.

Why must you bring this evil here?

Again: Gantz or High School DxD. OR Zoids NCZ

In all honesty, while I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea, I find myself a lot less motivated to sit through Toonami without that jolly dose of One Piece weirdness near the end. And now without Jojo it's just one long slog of grimdark misery with AoT, Tokyo Edge, and Naruto. HxH is good but not worth enduring Tokyo Ghoul for when I've already seen the whole series. And Gundam is downright confusing since I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of the canon.

The promise of wacky skeleton musicians, reindeer doctors and sexy goth girls with ghost powers used to be enough to motivate me to watch until 3, but now I just shrug and turn off Toonami after Super.

I would stay until shippuden to watch that weird video thing that played during the commercial break but that was never even a guarantee that it would happen and I didn't even watch past kai last Saturday. Toonami wants to be all about action and edge but the majority are faggots like me who watch for nostalgia but want to see the anime girls with the big titties flying everwhere
Toonami is dying because we're not 14 anymore

Let's just hope the Naruto sequel about his spoiled cunt son doesn't get aired here

Completely agree. Even with all the pacing issues, it served as a great breather and lead-in to the last show of the block.

Who knows, I had no issue with the April fools stuff until they cannibalized Jack and Super for no reason at all (not a single viewer cared that Super was cut though).

>mfw Toonami continues to suffer the pirate curse.

Toonami should just take over Saturday but that's not going to happen. That will solve at least 90% of the problems alone.

I'd be surprised if Viz even dubs it before mid 2019. They still have about a hundred episodes of Shippuden left to get through.

And yet we ALL know how it ends

But that's wrong

What happens when Jack ends, the season re-runned or another show?

I was so dumb. I don't think showing Rick and Morty a bunch of times was a dumb prank, but was it THAT important to AS that they air it in Jack's slot after already airing the same episode 20 times?

Because they really should have realized what would happen:

>Toonami viewers tune in for Jack, see Rick, assume April Fool's joke will run all night, turn off Toonami. The extremely low ratings for the post-midnight shows confirm that this happened.

>people come back the next week, see Jack and Super as usual, but all the shows after that are a week ahead of where they left off.

By airing only part of Toonami, they caused a bunch of people to miss an episode, and that's death for serialized television.

And maybe people went online to find the episodes they missed and catch up, but once you've done that, why do you need Toonami at all? Why not just watch all the episodes you want?

So the stupid Rick and Morty stunt may have killed Toonami. And the best part is, R&M brought about half the numbers Jack usually does.

It was never a permanent expansion, likely back to Family Guy. We will probably be told during pre flight this week

I doubt they would rerun it at the top of the block. But they'll probably put Jack in the 3 AM rerun slot. It's not like GitS is getting huge ratings and anyway they only stuck it on there to promote the movie nobody saw.

It's right in my case, and at least one other in I know the anime had shit pacing and it was only going to get worse and I know that the art style and tone aren't something everyone likes, but One Piece was what kept me up all night.
Now, I watch Jack (and even then I'm checking out mentally) and then switch over to Archer reruns or watch My Hero Academia subs, or just go to bed.

I especially don't get why they went with Attack on Titan season 2, given how badly they got screwed on Season 1 costing so much and not making its money back.

It's really not. One Piece was still averaging around 590k-600k during its final months.

>I especially don't get why they went with Attack on Titan season 2, given how badly they got screwed on Season 1

Because it got huge ratings the first time. Which means they probably paid even more for it this time.

Oops.

And OP's final broadcast was 587,000 viewers, higher than Gundam, Naruto, or GitS have gotten in the past three weeks.

Funny way to say 400-499k

They have already been doing a Jack rerun on Wednesdays, so hopefully it doesn't have to eat up a slot on the block

Ahahaha, your post could not be a worse position.

>this meme again
It got 450k one week in January, a week where the rest of the block was down as well. It never scored below 520k any other week, so I'm not sure where this claim has been coming from.

>admits it happened when the rest of the block was down
>durr hurr hurr OP has been doing WAY better than Naruto since it left
>haha I'll just ignore how poorly it's lead is doing