Every time I fall in love with a 2D character who hasn't the will or ability to return my affections, I tell myself...

Every time I fall in love with a 2D character who hasn't the will or ability to return my affections, I tell myself, "Never again!" Then, as I peruse the grocery store aisle, I spot a package of Uncle Ben's rice, and my emotions once again defeat my resolve.

He has good taste.

It always seems odd to me that he's American, so much about him just seems more like he's British.

>Then, as I peruse the grocery store aisle, I spot a package of Uncle Ben's rice, and my emotions once again defeat my resolve.

Not a bad waifu. Good taste.

Is there a different style of packaging for Uncle Bens Rice or something, or is he pining after this snappily dressed older black gentleman?

>pining after this snappily dressed older black gentleman?
you mean you don't

UHHHH...context of that pic?

Well, Spider-Man seems to be reliving the past trauma of his Uncle Ben's death because a talking Duck(Howard The?) was apparently vaporized.

howard had asked spider-man for help, and peter brushed him off. he later decides to help but gets there and sees a burn mark and thinks howard was killed

Honestly it's alot funnier without context.

In reality, the American letter would be announcing a lawsuit.

To be fair, I( ) never read that comic, I was just guessing from what I know of Spider-Man and the Marvel comics in general.

Well whenever I spot a package of Uncle Ben's rice I immediately have a panic attack

I don't get why yanks call him 'Waldo'

Because it's masculine. He wouldn't be Walda, that's a she name.

Well, it might be because there was an American children's book with the same premise called "Where's Wallace?" about trying to find an escaped orangutan named Wallace in a series of pictures that was published 25 years earlier.

The publishers might have wanted to help avoid confusion.

Why don't you see anybody giving South Africa shit for naming him Willie?

Dude seriously you cut off the part where he breaks down and cries.

If you're gonna post gifs man post the whole damn thing.

I can't believe I haven't seen this here yet.

>It's a "fat animu man with beard shills reading where's waldo spinoffs in underwear" episode

>Spinoffs
What?

>he always makes you breakfast in the morning

Wally doesn't carry the slang meaning in America it does in the UK. In the US, it's just "nickname for Walter or Wallace". Thus the whole "he's an oddball sort of character" is lost. Waldo isn't nearly as common of a name by comparison.

It's a jojo reference

Ronnie is a (likely autistic) misanthrope, who while not necessarily hating people as a whole does not feel comfortable spending long periods of time in social situations

Now ask yourself: When people were going on all those ships from Britain to colonise the new world, what sort of average person would stay behind, forgoing the new opportunities for success?

The autistic misanthropes

Ronnie seems British because the majority of people who stayed on this light forsaken rock were likely much like Ronnie himself

He is British inside, he must come to the homeland of his soul to truly find peace

Just not in a city or town

Wally has a slang meaning in Britain?

>Ronnie seems British
I've never seen a panel of him reading the koran, though.

Remember Tony, no gabagool

good taste

yes, it's a fairly light term for a moron, or someone who made a silly mistake

It does, ya feckin bellend

Obviously because he's never been forced into reading it due to social convention
or because it has no animu characters in it

>all the present British are descendants of the autistic misanthrope ones that stayed on their island and interbreed
This... this actually explains so damn much about Britain.

>look at Sup Forumsllection
>there's a Whomp! tagged pic of some character I don't recognize at all in Ronnie's style
what is this then