I don't get her character

I don't get her character

If Daisy's character had any sort of depth the tumblrinas would find some way to label it misogynistic and the mouse would implode

>WHY IS REY GOOD AT FIGHTING AFTER A LIFETIME OF FENDING FOR HERSELF???
such a mary sue amirite???

she's a nobody

This. Not having a real character is okay because it allows the Tumblr princesses to self insert

Unironically this, good characters have weaknesses and flaws, but nowadays if you give a minority character legitimate flaws then it gets perceived as being sexist or racist. So we end up with cardboard characters like Rey.

>too lazy for a character arc

DUDE SHE WAS A GOOD FIGHTER TO BEGIN WITH LMAO

Rey in TLJ
>inspires luke to do something
>barely gets any training yet improves in skill
>solves her own problems after going in the Cave of Snapping
>defeats Snoke's guards and has time to help Kylo Ren
>Resists dark side for no reason
>never gives up

no growth as a character, give absolutely no shits about her

But Finn has character flaws. He had an arc in TFA, supposedly about overcoming his cowardice. Then he has that same exact arc repeated in TLJ.

>AFTER A LIFETIME OF FENDING FOR HERSELF???

Rey:
>I was abandoned by my family on a desert planet, where I had to make a living salvaging scrap. I never wanted to go on an adventure, but had it thrust upon me.
Now I have to try and save the galaxy while trying to find where I belong in it, and have to deal with the horrible truth that my parents were junkies that didn't want me and sold me for a quick hit.

Finn never worked as a character

But jakku sucked. No one gets that good without a proper trainer

This. what a bunch of bullshit

No in TLJ, Finn learned it's better to love than to fight. In the third movie, they'll abolish the FO with the power of love on an alien hippie commune planet.

She doesn't have one.

Finn should have teamed up with Poe on Space vegas and they could have both grown as character
Poe becomes a HOT HEAD FLY BOY and Finn leans to take risks

Do you not know that Finn is actually disliked by people interested in identity politics? Every person I know who pushes that shit onto all their friends was up in arms about how the only black character was a coward, traitor, and sweating all the time while running scared and relegated to "I'm a garbageman" in the end.

Same exact people who wrote about how Darth Vader was the black man in the OT which is why he was evil. And how when he became good they turned him into a feeble white man.

The local paper even had an article claiming Finn was a "problematic" character unironically.

this "finding where you belong" meme is a poor excuse for shitty character development

Don't forget she also schools old whiny manbaby Luke in what is right and wrong. She does this even though her character is more or less a loner that had little to no interaction with other people for most of her life and has close to 0 life experience.

Fucking love it.

>overcoming his cowardice

He was never portrayed to be a coward. He started shooting at shit right out the gate when he was in a tie fighter with Poe. The only people he DIDN'T shoot at were the easily overcome rebels who he could have slaughtered with ease -- it wasn't cowardice; he was not comfortable with killing these people for the First Order.

The "overcoming cowardice" nonsense is pulled out of the ass to try and retroactively give him character, when in reality he was just "miracle nigger whose brainwashing didn't catch, probably because he's such a good-hearted nigger unlike all the evil whites and a few asians in the First Order"

You're right actually, I forgot about Finn. He was fine, out of the new characters he was one of the better ones. Though his arc felt really rushed, they could have done a lot more with him.

Also the other half of the identity politics coin hates him because "There shouldn't be no niggers in the future."

You haven't seen all those twatter posts about Disney hating colored people because of Finn not being a Mary Sue like Rey?

why is anakin so pretty

They just look like they need a good dicking

>Same exact people who wrote about how Darth Vader was the black man in the OT which is why he was evil. And how when he became good they turned him into a feeble white man.
That's not an actual article, user. That's from Chasing Amy.

>will never release the best character in series with the most depth is in fact female

I'm so glad I never watched any of the Star Wars movies, from what I've read about the new ones I cant imagine how pissed I'd be about the franchise being ruined

There were blacks in the 70s and 80s that legitimately believed that, and some that still do today. It actually makes that scene funnier if you've heard someone be upset and trying to argue that the Prequels are better because Mace Windu was a better black man than Lando or Darth Vader.

>days scavenging parts gave me the skills to jedi force battle and pilot space ships
Even Kintaro Oe can't do that

I just realized that the force balanced its shit out by throwing nightmares at vader

This would be fine if the backstory had any effect on her character, like if she was technologically inept or socially stunted. The fact that Han Solo offered her a job an hour after she left her home planet doesn't help the "trying to find where she belongs" theme either.

No, she's a Mary sue because of her epic ability at flying and force powers.

>Rey's ability at flying

Her character would probably be better if she just thought she was special and believed she was the daughter of powerful jedi and goes on a journey to find them just to find out that they were a couple of nobodies

>I felt something awake in me, but I'm unable to figure out my place in the world
>Everyone I hope to form any sort of understanding with gets killed, shuts me down, or goes down a path I can't follow
Seems like a solid character to me tbqh

>dat reference
Rey just spent a lot of time STUDY STUDY STUDY

That's because she's not a character, she's a Mary Sue meant to draw little girls into the franchise. She has no believable motivation, no struggles to overcome, or any flaws because she's a business tactic. Money wins over good storytelling now.

Forget Sith Lords. Jakku junk traders are the most powerful force in the galaxy.

Cough

I like the idea of a turned-rebel Stormtrooper.

I don't like how they made him useless.

This here. Why have him to be the comic relief? This is just rascist, sold as being diversity and missed opportunities
>I hate killing
>Now die former teammates

badly written to, like isnt there suppose to be some sort of internal struggle?

Ok, but what exactly has she gone through to flesh this out? She's faced no challenges, hasn't lost anything, we don't even know why she's decided to join the Resistance or become a Jedi. Finding out who her parents are has nothing to do with either of those things, and it's not like she's fighting for a greater cause.

She stole bb8 from the teebo thing too. She is a cunt.

She doesn't have a character, which is the problem. There is no reveal, no exposition, no sense of who she is as a person.

We used to call it bad writing, but now it's just what's expected. You can't market a movie in China if there are too many details in the characters. You just want to put a mascot up on the screen to sell kids toys without thinking about anything going behind it, so you get this.

For you

arm and both legs

>WHY IS REY GOOD AT FIGHTING with a sword AFTER A LIFETIME OF FENDING FOR HERSELF with a staff???

fixed that for ya

Cause, i drive bikes since the day i was born, it means i know how to drive a truck like a fucking professional

>I grew up on a desert planet by myself barely making enough to survive and set out on a journey to use my newfound powers and find who I really am. My story is incomplete and thus can't fairly be compared to Luke and Anakin yet

There I did it

Not even close, but you tried.

I agree she is a slight Mary Sue, but c'mon this isn't written fairly at all. If the three descriptions were somewhat balanced it would say something like:

>I was abandoned by my parents as a young girl. I was forced to scavenge for food and learn to build technology with the scraps of the desert. I want to help my friends and bring Justice but the only one who could teach me isn't willing to teach me, or help me onto the right path.

Albeit she doesn't need much teaching apparently.

How so?

Then how come even tumblrinas think Rey is boring? Their husbando is clearly Kylo Ren, which is not suprising given that most of them were goth/emo in teenage years.

how did she do any of that?

>I was forced to scavenge for food and learn to build technology with the scraps of the desert.
Fuck off cunt

Sounds like NuDoctor Who.

Rey's should say "I was a scavenger in a desert, abandoned by my parents until a chance encounter led me to a group of rebel fighters, where I discovered who I was and my place in the world."

The two whom I've talked to about the movie like Rey because they think she's supposed to be the virtuous hero archetype that Luke was in RoTJ. They see her accomplishments as "empowering" and got mad when I asked why they thought that when her character has no internal conflicts or weaknesses to overcome.

how many rape attempts did Rey survive during her upbringing?

who paid for her and what were their intentions

>encased in black helmet for years, never getting sunlight
OH NO HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PALE

"discovered my place in the world xD"
this meme has to die

>Hey we need the Rebe- I mean the Resistance to have a strong, wise female leader (in addition to Leia) who takes over during a crisis.
>Who could we use?

Also no sexuality to speak of. She's like an Asexual nothing.

fucking this