This is the best Nu-Wars flick

This is the best Nu-Wars flick

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YoaUjUCQbMo
youtu.be/2PjCClrO5SA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but its even worse than TFA

I watch it again last night.
I unironically agree. It's the only Nu-Wars that feels like Star Wars.

it's a bad movie

It was an independent project already developed that was produced by ILM. The mouse didn't meddle with it much.

Characters are meh to non-existent (With the exception of Krennic) but I love how Gareth Edwards directs BIG scenes. Pretty much my feelings to monsters and Godzilla (2014)

Sure, but that's only because of one scene. How fucking sad is that? One good scene is all it takes to be the better movie out of these three shits Disney has given us.

Not even close, cucktron.

agree its Kino

I literally don't remember any of the characters' names.

Correct. It'll probably be the only good one.

I still don't get the "characters are non-existent" complaint aside from the pilot. Everyone else has a clearly defined character and arc.

>It was an independent project already developed that was produced by ILM. The mouse didn't meddle with it much.
makes a shit ton of sense desu it kind of felt like that

don't be faggy

Agreed, the best one of the three by far. There are things that you can fairly criticize about R1, but when it comes down to it that was an actual good Star Wars movie.

Well, there's Vader and Tarkin. Going from there...
- Jyn Erso
- Cassian Andor
- K-2SO
- Galen Erso
- Orson Krennic
- Chirrut
- Bodhi
- and the heavy weapons guy

Very soyish but still bearable. At least it honors star wars' past.

>Well, there's Vader and Tarkin.
Also Mon Mothma, Bail Organa... Idk, my mind just skipped all the recurring characters for some reason.

Agreed. And it's not a solid movie either. TFA and TLJ are simply much more garbage.

this scene
and bunnybutt
are kino

I actually watched it back when I was still a "redpilled" idiot, so I thought I would hate it. Then came to watch it anyway. Turns out, I actually loved every second of it.

COMMANDER KRENNIC WAS KINO
youtu.be/YoaUjUCQbMo
youtu.be/2PjCClrO5SA

The true trilogy is Revenge of the Sith - Rogue One - A new Hope

O BOY

>At least it honors star wars' past.
the flaw in the death star is placed there by a rebel sympathizer. this is an inexcusably retarded retcon that fucks with the original star wars in a profoundly soyish way. you are a faggot my friend

This movie had literally no characters. It was just a sequence that leads to a spoiler everyone already knows.

People knew anakin was becoming vader but it was still part of the plan for Lucas. Rogue one is a nice addition as a prequel

How so? The flaw is that once the reactor blows up, it sets off a chain reaction that destroys the rest of the base. The hole is not the flaw itself since it is just a ventilation shaft. They even say this is the flaw in the original movie.

Didn't they fire the original director and edit the movie a lot though?

Literally half of the original teaser has footage that is nowhere in the final film. The Mouse definitely had something to do with that.

Krennic was good, he had a similar feel to the Imperial characters in the OT. Way better than fucking Hux.

Yep, and you can actually distinctly tell which scenes were his and which weren't. Remember pre-release them saying that the movie was going for that mature rating? There are definitely scenes where I could see that happening.

How is it inexcusable? What's wrong with it?

It changes the flaw to be the result of a superior Imperial mind that happened to have been turned to the Rebellion, rather than the rebels somehow working it out from the Deathstar plans, which would have taken years.

Yes they did extensive reshoots. Like when they cut the TIE fighter appearing while Jyn was at the satellite uplink at the climax.

Rebellions are built on hope

LMAO

Hmn, an expert technician among the rebels could've worked it out. It definitely wouldn't have taken years, but definitely at least a great many weeks.

But they obviously didn't have weeks, and the Rebellion only properly got the plans once Leia returned to Yavin IV, so it does make a lot more sense.

Movie was boring, until the last 10 mins. Every conversation was dry and full of melodramatic whining about her dad

>only drama queens care about their family
what did Sup Forums mean by this

It's pretty clear that they had a plan for the characters to survive by hijacking a TIE in case Disney didn't give the ok with killing off the entire cast. What we got in the end was better though.

stardust

I was surprised by how good it is compared to mainline trilogy they’re creating. TFA and TLJ are garbage in comparison.

The only thing that doesn't work is the whole thing with Raddus' ship to the Tantive IV and Vader's dialouge in ANH. Beamed to this ship? No, that was Raddus' ship, and why would Vader be so cordial if he has all of the rights to pursue with conviction.

If a Rebel could work it out in weeks, the question is how did all the Imperials who've had these plans for years, or maybe even decades (from the plans first appearance in Attack of the Clones), didn't see it.

Yeah but Leia's ship was inside Raddus' ship so the general idea works out. The best part is that we can now see why Vader sounds uncharacteristically furious in the beginning of 4, because he just saw the ship run out with the plans a few hours/days ago and Leia is making a bunch of extremely bald faced lies.

Truth only

gotta admit i marked out super hard when i first saw this scene

>This movie had literally no characters
They're okay. Blind force asian, heavy weapons asian, and the quippy droid are infinitely better characters than the ones we're getting in the ST