/Bright General/

Just saw the movie. I love orcs and love cop movies so this is a personal 10/10 for me.

The fact that SJWs hate this film because of the race thing just makes it even better

Watch it, you won't be disappoint

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2017/12/21/16804032/bright-review-will-smith-joel-edgerton-netflix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The fact that SJWs hate this film because of the race thing
I thought Sup Forums hated it because of the race thing. Which one is it

>it can't be both

You have shit taste.

Around elves...

Watch yourselves.

Fucking knife eared shits.

Sup Forums and SJWs tend to be mutually exclusive on most issues. The only exception I can think of is they both hate Israel

They can hate it for different reasons.

Especially since the movie clearly involves racial tension as a theme but doesn't actually have much of a message to preach pertaining to it, rather letting it simply be an element of the setting.

To someone always looking for a message or agenda, that's jarring and frustrating.

This was a mediocre buddy cop movie at best

Sup Forums hates it because it says racism is bad
SJWs hate it because the orc is basically a black cop fighting community backlash

It doesn't fit any of their preconceived notions of race or metaphors for race today.

It does its own thing without relying on the current political climate

I watched it tonight, really enjoyed it desu
would like a sequel that just spends more time exploring the different races and characterising them

find elves and their attitude so infuriating

why cant they develop a half decent personality after living for hundreds of years

am I right in thinking I saw a centaur cop at one point??

who /orc/ here

magic is real here

what are the implications for human religions?

Is Ward a Bright, or was he able to hold the wand from being in the pool and was this Tikkas plan?

Sup Forums is a bunch of simpletons. They don't understand that this movie is race realism: the movie but they still get upset because they are dumb brainlets who don't understand this movie at all

I was wondering about the centaur cop too

Even if he got injured in an accident and that surgery is possible... why do it? Living with a horse lower body must be really difficult. At that point just getting robot legs would be better

>am I right in thinking I saw a centaur cop at one point??

Twice by my count. Once when the two of them were watching the cops beat up those orcs, it was in the background. Another when they were pulling into the police station, there seemed to be two guarding the entrance.

Whichever is the opposite of reddit's opinion

instead of watching bright, you should watch No Game No Life.

this film needed a flashback scene showing the war with all the races and shit

did anyone else get the feeling that the wand makes people in its vicinity act crazy.
the way people were fanatically trying to get it without any hesitation. I get the promise of its power but it still felt a bit much

i thought that will smith resisted it because he was a bright so no effect and the orc was a paragon of virtue so he wasn't corrupted either

t. "Hobbies? watching films and computer games"

>mediocre
It was garbage. Couldn't make it past the scene where they're deciding what to do with the wand. The pacing, in particular, was atrocious.

Orcs don't seem to be able to use magic and sheeeit anyway

>i need everything explained

they make capeshit for your kind

I want to cuddle Tikka and let her know that everything is okay.

Plus, we got to see best Tico sister as an elf assassin.

>I don't actually know what Sup Forums is like: the post

why didn't the critics like this film?

im just engaging in discussion, no need to be rude and presumptuous about a buddy cop film desu

Because the larger film industry, with critics in their pocket, has a vested interest in seeing netflix's endeavors fail.

So of course they'll slam it.

Ward is a Bright as far as i can tell. The hobo paladan basically stated it when he was speaking orcish to Jacoby after the arrest.

>the way people were fanatically trying to get it without any hesitation. I get the promise of its power but it still felt a bit much

The elf chick brought a dude back to life with it. She also embedded the assassin in the wall like she was a piece of art. The assassin herself was using it to kill people, and they were glowing like embers hours afterward. The main villain used it presumably to put some kind of reraise on herself which is why she got back up after multiple shotgun blasts.

If anything I'm surprised more people didn't show up looking for it.

my Sup Forums folder says otherwise you BITCH

fair points but anyone with their head screwed on properly would also think of just how dangerous this thing would be

you don't even need to be a morally incorruptible hero to want to see the wand destroyed/not used, just a cynic with a sense of self preservation

ah ok I would have to rewatch it, obvious in retrospect

THE CRITICS DIDNT GET IT

vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2017/12/21/16804032/bright-review-will-smith-joel-edgerton-netflix

>But I’ll be damned if I have any idea what this movie is on about, or why. Halfway through, I broke one of my cardinal moviegoing rules — “never talk” — by leaning over to ask a colleague if the movie was supposed to be making sense by now. He winced. After the screening, I repeated the inquiry to a half-dozen fellow critics; everyone seemed a little stunned by the experience.

THE MAIN REASON WHY THEY HATE HIM
>There is some kind of racial metaphor aching to get out here, but it’s either incredibly dumb or kind of evil — particularly because Jakoby is the first orc to be admitted to the LAPD (which nevertheless polices the whole city and all three species) and gives speeches about how orcs, who in days past chose the “wrong side,” need to make better choices now.

>The fact that SJWs hate this film because of the race thing just makes it even better
Based OP based Trump based Israel
BASED
A
S
E
D

The critics LITERALLY think orcs are blacks, and they don't even see the irony in this.

whats wrong with critics, why are they so consistently out of touch with the opinions of regular people in pretty much every film

it was a pretty unique and entertaining film, a fresh of breath air in the current climate of franchieses

not everything has to be oscar bait

this movie was legitimately the best movie i seen in 2017.

one of the films strengths is that is does not continually pull the viewer aside for exposition, it doesn't hold the viewers hand

the characters exist in this world, they don't need to explain their world to you

This desu

The lefts soft bigotry of low expectations again

>Because the larger film industry, with critics in their pocket, has a vested interest in seeing netflix's endeavors fail.
rmmt

It was fun, but I've had few issues with it. There's a lot of holes in the script. There moments, you'd expect some issues of our heroes to escalate, but are left unresolved and forgotten. That's the main problem. I really liked the masks, costumes and mainly the world building. But the whole set up doesn't really work as a movie. Well maybe a movie shot by a different director. I've kept asking myself, why is this so much like Training Day fused with End of Watch. It's a classic Will Smith action flick, but whenever Will starts to thow his classic quips, it's ruined by the score. Wich is anoter problem - it doesn't fit at all. There alright jokes here and there, but they never land because the score stays dramatic. Jakoby reminded me of Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys a lot, but Im not sure, if that was a good thing. The elf girl Tikka keeps acting like Leeloo Dallas Multipass through out the whole flick for no reason and suddenly changes her mind and even starts to speak english. It's like Landis just wanted all his faovrite movies in one. Lot of Matrix memberberries too. Has Will Smith asked to make this a call back to his 90s fame? Well, why wasn't Michael Bay hired for this? It would have worked much better (like Bad Boys 2). If it were more Bad Boys / Leathel Weapon buddy cop action comedy, it would have been so much more enjoyable. This feels like an inbread. But I've enjoyed it anyways. I will probably also watch and enjoy the sequel, but I can imagine this whole set up working better as a video game, much like GTA games.

You think that horse body is hollow? At least some of his vital organs are down there. To lose his lower half would so drastically change his life its probably not something he ever thought too hard about. Plus centaurs must be a normal thing in this world, so I imagine there are widespread accommodations. Chairs, cars, even homes and apartments and shit for centaurs.

What really bugged me is that Nick spoke well of elftown. Elves and orcs ALWAYS hate eachother.

I also don't like how orcs for the most part just dressed and looked like thuggish black folks or bikers. They could have done more to make their style a little different. Maybe a lot of rough, handmade clothing. Or obvious third hand clothing that was obviously tailored to fit an orc's size, maybe with scraps and patches of other material.

>that is does not continually pull the viewer aside for exposition
Did we watch the same film?

>new Netflix OC comes out
>endless threads in Sup Forums that reek of astroturfing
very tiresome

While I agree that it doesnt need to because the generic fantasy world is pretty easy to imagine for most viewers interested in this movie, i was half-expecting a scene with Wards daughter in class where they learn about history in storytime or something. It coulda had a payoff too if it was a storytime book about Jirak.

I thought the elves were hot. The main bad chick, the hot asian elf assassin and the autistic one they had following them were pretty fuckin sexy

That’s actually why i liked it. Racial tension but no preaching. Will smith hated the orc then was kinda ok with the orc. A perfectly reasonable character arc. Never thought id see that in 2017

that would of made the movie shit breh. we dont need to be spoon fed.

maybe not

i watched a film that didn't really turn to me and explain to my face shit about its world outside of the happenings of the film

there's good and bad in everyone, no matter the race, species, class, or occupation. That was literally the message.

Also orcs are niggers

I found more graffiti

This wasn't showed everywhere as the big blockbuster that is going to change every thing. It was a art house movie while Bright is going for the bigger audience.

>The fact that SJWs hate this film because of the race thing just makes it even better

I agree 100% OP. What makes it even better than that, is that Sup Forums hates the film because they think it is SJW shit.
Imagine being so wrapped up in your own bullshit that you can't enjoy a great movie.

it's BTFO of Sup Forums and tumblr at the same time that's one reason why it's good

I'm pretty hype for the sequel especially since Landis probably won't be writing it at this rate. His script wasn't the best.

>ultimate and seemingly unlimited power
>people were acting crazy trying to get it
No shit

>I'm pretty hype for the sequel especially since Landis probably won't be writing it at this rate. His script wasn't the best.

is a sequel or is this going to be a serial

i think seasons of episodes would be interesting in this universe

Do you really want a sequel where they really make it political?

Orcs are a warrior race with a vague sense of honor in the things that they do; just watch the church scene.
Dont insult orcs by calling them niggers

wow fucking eagle eyes over here

Would you say the same for blade runner 2049?

who knows how many fucking threads has been for that movie.

Totally different genre nerd. Bright coul have easily been a summer blockbuster

>yo we be peaceful we be havin parties and the only ones who brought da guns was da po po
>now gimme da wand or I'll keel yo ass

there are a lot of pr shills here

you probably underestimate how many there are

ehh, it needs some serious editing work.

Youre very out of touch

What didnt make sense? It was literally a YA novel with a few curse words and some titties which could have been better imo

>trigger warning entertainment

Are you saying a Netflix movie could've been a blockbuster? How do you even measure its box office?

isn't that kinda pathetic? that you like it more because le sjws?

This is the moment I realize this kino is fucking based

No believe me I know, It's just the stupidity of some that ennoys me.

I'm sure there are netfilx pr people right here maybe even in these threads but to egnore those and stick to this is retarded

Literally everyone I work with watched it over the holiday weekend. Face it kid, this is the new way blockbusters get released.

I liked that orc music was heavy/death metal or something like that, and not rap

>orc talks like a white guy
>reasonably explains how fucked up LA is with cops and gang violence
>just wants the wand to fix the problems
>doesnt force his son to go through with killing Jacoby and even tells him to leave so he doesnt see the guy who saved his life die
>immediately understands that shits going down and devotes his loyalty to Jacoby
What else?

im actually not

MY WAIFU

>we only be doin gang shit cuz we just wanna feed our family yo
>son if you wanna be in da gang you gots to kill dis nigga yo
Tired of this gangbanger nigger with a heart of gold story. Kiss my ass. Orcs are niggers.

Im saying if it was released traditionally it would have been big at the box office. I thought that was clear. Netflix is coming for summer popcorn flicks like they did standup and serials. Hollywood is very nervous and for good reason

No it's hilarious. Both Dimension A (pol) and Dimension B (sjw) are mad at this movie because they both think its propaganda put out by the other side. Because they're both so consumed with their respective brainwashing that they have become incapable of joy.

It was a cool idea, but executed poorly.

You know the movie is good when Vox shits on it like this

you are making the mistake of mapping the medias universe 1 for 1 to your own shallow understanding of your own universe

Well if there are any they should hire me. Im on Sup Forums 24/7 and ill shill for neetbux

>Sup Forums and SJWs tend to be mutually exclusive on most issues. The only exception I can think of is they both hate Israel

The entire world, including economics can be distilled down to race.

You can judge people based entirely on race.

Both agree on that.

Holy shit now that I realised the fucking white guy with the sword was a templar calling for Deus Vulting elves

The movie wasn't preachy on racism, so the critics were naturally confused

Yes you are. Its cringeworthy

Her sidekick was hotter in my opinion. She was definitely onee-chan~ tier hot though.

why are so many of you so stupid?

>i'll be damned if i have any idea what this movie is on about or why, but i'll still be a complete cunt and write about it anyway.

Fuck you Alissa

What did he mean by this?

get off my board you yellow fever degenerate