Al Ewing writes a trash panda book

Al Ewing writes a trash panda book

> Ewing

Someone please buy my book please. How come Greg Land and Bendis books series outsell mine.

Not really bad, but I expected better from Ewing.
So far, it's just the kind of "bank robbing part #1" that everybody have read or seen a dozen of times

Peter was a lot uglier and his hair was brown but that's the same panel from Annihilation Conquest

Not even Ewingfags showed up. Damn.

Marvel loses money with Ewing.

So... is rocket going to fight a trump beaver?

It must suck to be Ewing. Ultimates probably cancelled after Secret Empire and USAvengers maybe the same fate.

Didn't Greg Land draw Ewing's Mighty Avengers?

Ewing sure loves his obscure characters.

I really liked it. Nothing too fancy, but Ewing has a good balance between cartoonishness and gunslinging

That's actually prett clever, the concept of computers needing to cool down isn't really brought up in fiction dealing with AI.

>Blam!
>Didn't murder you!
>Thank me later
Only good use of this catchphrase ever

Ewing writes a lot of meh stuff for every good title he writes. I liked his Ultimates and Loki, but everything else he wrote hasn't been anything special.

Me too. I dunno what people expect from a Rocket Raccoon book.

>Ewing gives a reason for Rocket being in the kree prison in conquest
That's some cool shit

For me it always feels like most of his stuff is technically good in that its well-written and respects continuity, but at the same time it just doesn't interest me. Not sure if it's his love for obscure characters going a bit too far.

I did very much enjoy Ultimates and Loki, though, and I can respect how well he integrates things with events without losing narrative flow.

If people shouldn't expect more than mediocrity of an RR book, then he shouldn't have a book to begin with.

This is a little by the numbers but it was still enjoyable. Remember this was written with the casual audience in mind so Ewing can't go full madman the first issue

I'm not into size fetishes, but I'd pretty much let China Doll do whatever the fuck she liked with me long as I could get up in that tail while normal sized.

I'd say bringing in something as obscure as the Technet is pretty madman.

Thought it was pretty good. Some of the narration was actually pretty deep. Lots of cartoonishness to even it out, and a side of Rocket that felt more like a character and less like a meme.

Are they really obscure, though? I mean, Moore's Cap Britain and Claremont/Davis' Excalibur are classics

>Moore's Cap Britain and Claremont/Davis' Excalibur are classics
I guarantee you that most Marvel comics fans have never read them

>you'll never be hugged by Scatterbrain

Ewing should write GotG

>Rocket Solo
Fucking pass
>but Ewing
...alright I'll give it one chance.

>Rocket Solo
>Fucking pass
But his original Mignola mini was great. And his latest mini was very somber and cool.

Hey, that's the Technet. They were good in Excalibur and old Captain Britain.

>But his original Mignola mini was great. And his latest mini was very somber and cool.
I liked the idea of Kraven the Hunter going after him.

The ugly was the art's fault.

>19 posters
Holy shit, Kekwing BTFO

Thanks

Why is Star Butterfly talking to a Triceraton?

That looks like a fucking OMAC right below them

Also: a Nova Corps member right above

>Ewing
have this nigga written anything better than Zombo?

>Otta Spice
>not Lylla?

about to read, how claremont is it?? i'm pretty hype for some weird ass marvel uk shit

The Zaucer of Zilk, but I'm giving most of the credit for that to McCarthy.

No, this is his new OC retcon rebound girl, I think she's cute.

OP didn't put "storytime" or the issue name anywhere in the OP. I didn't even realise this was a storytime until entering the thread. I just assumed it was a discussion thread for it. Not that it would have gotten all that much attention even if he had formatted the OP correctly, but at least people looking for storytimes of new issues wouldn't have glossed over it.

Not enough weird fetish pandering, especially considering it's using Technet, the characters specifically designed for shoe-horning in weird fetishes. Issue is pretty good overall though.