Unikitty

They officially greenlit this cartoon. The announcement was spoiled, since news of its existence leaked months ago.

>As ruler of the kingdom, Unikitty has busy days full of royal responsibilities. Unikitty is most interested in making sure everyone is happy and ridding the kingdom of negativity, but don’t misunderstand her optimism – she is one kitty not to be crossed. While she may be full of boundless energy and creativity, Unikitty is a force to be reckoned with if anyone gets in the way of spreading her positive vibes, especially if anyone makes her little brother and best friend, Puppycorn, sad. Also living in the castle are Dr. Fox, the resident scientist, and Unikitty’s trusty bodyguard, Hawkodile. Through it all, Unikitty and her friends make sure that every day is the happiest and most creative ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_WBCZ-11VWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The voice cast is led by Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go!) and Grey Griffin (Be Cool Scooby-Doo!) along with Kate Micucci (Be Cool Scooby-Doo!), Roger Craig Smith (Regular Show), Eric Bauza (The Adventures of Puss in Boots) and H. Michael Croner (Review).

>The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Movie producers Dan Lin, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, Roy Lee, Jill Wilfert executive produce with Sam Register (Teen Titans Go). Aaron Horvath (Teen Titans Go!) is supervising producer. Edward Skudder (Dick Figures) and Lynn Wang (Star vs. Forces of Evil) serve as producers.

Unikitty is cute! CUTE!

was this made by the creator of breadwinners? looks exactly the same

I have a premonition about this show's reception

>a zero effort animated tie-in to an amazingly well written animated movie
I bet if I complained about the quality here there would be someone out there telling me it's just a cartoon.

lol more like fuck me

Uh hmm well it looks cute I guess.

>Tara is in this show

*Grabs popcorn*

>The voice cast is led by Tara Strong
MUH DICK'S HARDER THAN A LEGO BRICK

>Tara Strong (Teen Titans Go!)
So that's what she is best known for now?

>Was in the earliest threads when Lego Movie came out
>A recurring topic in those threads was how a Lego Movie show would work
>Actual Lego Movie show spin-off
>Only focuses on one of the characters
>Nobody cares
Would people have been more hyped if it was a Bad Cop/Good Cop spin-off?

This makes Tara the third person to voice unikitty. Alison Brie did it in the movie and Hynden Walch did it in the video game

Of course, going forward, she'll now act like she voiced Unikitty all along and that the character is hers.

That game had some of the best sound-alike work I've ever heard. I still wonder who fake morgan freeman was

>Tara Strong again

Goddamn is there NO OTHER female VA in Los Angeles?

Hynden Walch is closer to the character than Tara I think.

>Hynden Walch did it in the video game

Shit, she'd make a WAY better Unikitty than Tara.

Tara's just gonna use her Bubbles voice and not sound a thing like her.

I'm glad people are forgetting barney

>bean mouth
DROPPED

Its just the most recent role.

Probably Josh Robert Thompson, he's done impersonations of Freeman elsewhere.

Clearly not if they keep casting her in everything.

The reason Tara Strong gets put into every single cartoon is because they need her to get the show broadcast in Canada.

Canadian laws require that TV shows contain a certain percentage of Canadian labor in order for them to be broadcast in Canada. It's why a lot of cartoons in the 90s had their voice work arbitrarily completed in Canada; not because it was cheaper, but because it was the only way to get the show into the Canadian market.

Tara has dual citizenship, so by casting her they get that "Canadian labor" coverage. She gets all these jobs not because of her skill (she has shit for range), but because her dual citizenship makes her a valuable commodity for reaching the Canadian market.

That's also why most US television dramas have to be filmed in Canadian cities like Vancouver. It isn't actually any cheaper than filming in most US cities (bar places like NYC or DC), but it's the only way to get the show released in Canada.

it's funny because they were probably right in the scenario you depicted.

Unikitty is not for and can not be fucked

Isn't there any other voice actor/actress that is canadian, half canadian or has special canadian permits? I find it hard to believe that she's only hired because of her canadian situation

>tfw there's a reasonable chance she'll actually do this

>ctrl-f wyldstyle
>zero results
Shamefur dispray Sup Forums.

Cree Summer
Maurice LaMarche
David Kaye

They all have dual citizenship and the first two used to get a FUCK TON of work because of it, but both have slowed down since they're getting old. Remember when Cree Summer played ALL THE BLACK GIRLS in the 90s? Though in LaMarche's case, he has God Tier range, so that probably contributed as much to all the work he got as his dual citizenship.

Kaye still gets sizeable jobs these days.

Ian Corlett sometimes works in the US and in Canada, but not as frequently.

ok

>Remember when Cree Summer played ALL THE BLACK GIRLS in the 90s?

I never want to go back.

>Ed Skudder & Lynn Wang
Fuck, I'm in.

Actually, Jessica DiCicco (Flame Princess) did the soundalike work in the game.
Either would have been better than Tara Strong again, though.

So, finally a normal merchendise with angry kitty is coming. All I have is just a shitty keychain.
>Dat feel when you learn that Business kitty was real and not custom painted Unikitty and that variant of toy was never delivered in your local LEGO shops

Canada really is the cancer of the animation industry.

Even when the cartoons aren't made there, they find away to infect and ruin them.

I disagree

I bought the double decker couch set because it was the cheapest.

Why would a show made for an American audience care about whether Canada picks it up or not? This sounds like a bunch of shit.

lol

$$$

The more territories the show broadcasts in, the more revenue streams it can collect from.

It's the same reason why shows are edited to appease the BS&P of different countries as opposed to... just not airing them there.

Japan has a similar setup, where a show requires certain percentages of Japanese labor to air on a broadcast network (though the rule doesn't apply to satellite networks). Dubbing usually covers that percentage, but they sometimes to additional shit like adding "corner program" segments to the ends of episodes starring Japanese celebrities or pop stars talking about the show.

Canada is trickier since they don't have dubbing to cover the domestic labor requirement, so hiring Canadian VAs is the only way to meet it.

>both have slowed down since they're getting old
Dude, Cree Summer is 47 while Tara is 44

Then beats me why Cree is hardly in anything anymore. I had assumed she was much older.

It just seems like a ridiculous length to go just to fulfill CanCon quotas when there are easier ways to do that. Hell, the show looks like it was animated in Canada anyways.

She was Medusa in Kid Icarus: Uprising, don't know what she's done since then though... shit that was 5 whole years ago.

I dunno, man. Doing everything in the US but hiring 1 or 2 Canadian VAs with dual citizenship to cover the leaf quota seems like the bare minimum, easiest way to get it done.

It means those same 1 or 2 VAs wind up in absolutely everything, yeah, but I think the producers are more interested in making money than whether audiences are sick of hearing those actors all the time.

She's the mom in Dawn of the Croods, which is a current Netflix show, but that is the only thing I know of that she's in right now.

The fox is a girl?

Her official design has eyelashes.

>dabbing
Please let this be fan art.

Lord and Miller. Good. Maybe this has a chance at being better than the Cloudy w/Meatballs cartoon.

It technically is. Just fan-art by a colorist who works on the show or something.

It is.

That's not even dabbing

Pic related is dabbing

>greenlit
Sets when?

/uni/ when?

>I'm Doug Dimmadab, Creator of the Dab

>not the Dimma-Dab

ONE FUCKING JOB.

absolutely no proof of this whatsoever. Maybe she's just a good voice.

You know them?

YOU FUCKED UP

>absolutely no proof of this whatsoever.

Possibly true...

>Maybe she's just a good voice.

Objectively wrong. Her entire career is proof that she is not a good voice.

Why are the Lego cartoons never stop motion?

Because legos are very tiny and rigid. It's not practical or efficient.

Doug Dimmadab, creator of the Dimma-Dab?

No Alison Brie?

movie actors usually don't come back to reprise their roles in televised animated shows

She is a VA on Bojack, Im surprised that shes not in this
Her voice is sex

I wish she did more voice work.
Hynden Walch should've been her replacement.

Yeah, I mean, Alison Brie isn't really a big shot movie star like Chris Pratt or Liam Neeson. Doesn't strike me as being one of the cast members who would be above doing TV VA work.

>It's the same reason why shows are edited to appease the BS&P of different countries as opposed to... just not airing them there.

youtube.com/watch?v=_WBCZ-11VWk

>In DVD commentary for episodes 1 to 3 on the Definitive Mainframe Edition, it’s revealed that Emma is a parody of a specific BS&P official, called Mary, who was "not happy about it"

>During the first two seasons, when ReBoot was aired on ABC, BS&P made many strict and often bizarre decrees restricting the show's content. These included:
Forbidding effective violence of any kind, on a show that the network bought as an action-adventure.
Completely desexualizing Dot by giving her the famed monobreast. Villains (and characters of dubious morality) were permitted a degree of sexuality; the suggestion is that sex is evil.
Forbidding Bob to smash through a window, lest children try to emulate him and injure themselves. (This ruling was in regards to, and was lampooned in, a scene in The Quick and the Fed.)
Outlawing the word "hockey" - and thus the game itself - because it was supposedly slang for something vulgar.
Outlawing the word "wuss" on similar grounds.
Forbidding Dot to kiss Enzo on his birthday, because they claimed it suggested incest.
Censoring the characters from utilizing any guns, yet it was perfectly acceptable for Frisket to wield a bazooka, as he was a dog.
Forbidding all episodes being closed on cliff-hangers, to prevent younger children in the audience having 'traumatic tension'.

This art style reminds me a lot of Breadwinners

Uuuugghhhhhh.

I like how they threw a lot of those rules out the window in the last stretch of season 2, because they knew ABC wasn't going to renew the show so they could do whatever they wanted. I think they even had a line where a character yells, "The ABCs! They're turning on us!" or something.

That said, Canada has it's fair share of weird restrictions when broadcasting out stuff.

>The word "war" cannot be used in the titles of childrens cartoons because the word is considered too violent.
>Beast Wars became "Beasties", War Planets became "Shadow Raiders" and the Star Wars Droids and Star Wars Ewoks cartoons just became "Droids" and "Ewoks".

Funniest thing is that every single one of those shows were actually animated in Canada. They couldn't even call their own cartoons by their own titles in their own country.

shadow raiders is the better name anyway, and was what the toyline specific to the show was called

Was one of their parents a catdog?

Looks like what happens if you took Cloud KEKoo Land and put it in Teen Titans Go.

This reminds me of Super Mario bros for some reason

Eh, it might look cute in action.

But Tara Strong is getting so fucking boring.

Canada is entertainment media cancer, period. From cartoons to videogames everything they touch turns to shit.

Why do companies chose to work in Canada then?

>and was what the toyline specific to the show was called
Really? Maybe that was the case in the burger states but in straya they were called War Planets.

Maybe the toys had to follow the same rules to be sold in Canada too.

Cheaper lots of fresh "will work for food" potential employees. But the place is full of hacks and political activist that don't what they're doing.

I like the style, will probably end up mediocre though

Weird, she does alot tv work including voicing a main character on Bojack Horseman.

She seems like one of the cast members who could easily return to voice on a television cartoon.

>being so dumb that you don't know what the internet is

tentatively excited.

>Why do companies chose to work in Canada then?

See For a piece of media to have access to the lucrative Canadian market, it has to contain a certain percentage of Canadian labor. So companies have no choice but to hire Canadians if they want to be able to sell their product in Canada.

This is something I truly hate about Canada, or at the very least its government. The obsession with CANADIAN PRIDE, EH? and trying to prove to the rest of the world they're totally not just America Lite.

The reason Canadian cartoons are often shit is because they're just made to fill a quota. Apparently the government fears watchers will see Canadian "culture" get Americanized or some bullshit like that.

Look, don't get me wrong. Canadians have their own culture, but on the media they're literally just American, and no ammount of shitty shows will change that.

Yes
And if the faggot behind breadwinners wasn't involved

that's actually not entirely accurate.

Canadian stations have a mandate that a certain percentage(never lower than 35%) of their programming fall under 'canadian content' - that is, a significant portion of the production crew, actors, and/or where the product is shot/produced be canadian.

To duck this, American shows and stations film/produce in canada or hire canadian actors. I think the canadian gov't also gives subsidies to companies to also incentivise them to work in Canada, so it's just more financially wise for american producers to shoot their shit in Canada with Canadian actors.

t. someone in the industry who,
like most people in the industry, fucking hates the CanCon laws.

>The reason Canadian cartoons are often shit is because they're just made to fill a quota. Apparently the government fears watchers will see Canadian "culture" get Americanized or some bullshit like that.

The bigger issue is that Canadian animation is subsidized by the government. It was originally intended as a means to bolster their arts program and resulted in all those excellent National Film Board of Canada animated shorts (the ones that were featured on O Canada on CN).

However, once Flash became a thing and it became really cheap, easy and fast to shit out animation TV shows, all those government arts subsidies got funneled into producing garbage like Johnny Test and Total Drama.

At the end of the day, the government pays studios the same amount of money whether they produce a masterpiece of if they produce Johnny Test. So of course they're just going to produce Johnny Test. But that's what happens when you let your government control your arts programs.

Did she voice sussie from rugrats? And the black bitchy girl from Ginger? Cause that voice was fucking everywhere

>Did she voice sussie from rugrats? And the black bitchy girl from Ginger?

Yes on both counts. Basically, if it was a cartoon in the 90s and it had a black girl in it, they were going to be played by Cree Summer. No exceptions.

Though I think her two most famous roles are actually white girls (Penny from Inspector Gadget and Elmyra from Tiny Toons).

>Tara Strong
DROPPED

DELETE
THIS

Canada is the world leader in complete incompetence.