Avengers #7 Storytime

Iron Doom finally shows up outside of Bendis' Infamous Iron Man. Let's see how that goes!

I'm going to guess he's going to sound drastically different from Bendis' version and Bendis will promptly ignore it.

Loving the armor design

good so far

> wasp is gay for doom

figures

Wasp getting real relatable here.

Doom is /ourguy/ and Wasp is us.

>spider-man avenging
I am still pissed about that shit Uncanny Avengers pulled with him leaving the team in issue 1.

>We can simple arrive?

Come on.

english aint his first language bro

That escalation.

Nice to have a little one-and-done issue after that seemingly unending Kang arc.

Doom's got a new loli

More Doom, huh? Can't complain about that.

Jesus Christ Herc looks roided.

oops meant this for

Neither is it Marvel's editors it seems.

Whelp, I'm out.

Did it really take this long for Doom to join this team? I remember him being part of the artwork for the announcement of this book

Doom + Precocious intelligent small girl is one of the magic mixtures. That's one thing Marvel does really well that DC hasn't really hit on, expanding nurturing dynamics outside of same sex pairs. That being said I can't remember a time we actually got a Father/Son dynamic of note in the Marvel stable.

It's good to be a man and have my six figure job handed to me out of college I didn't have to pay for. No ambition needed!

>>Wasp is checking for dubs.

Nice to see them mention Freak. Glad Waid remembered him.

Waid first turns Noble-Villain Doom into a B-Movie Slaher. Then he turns Jerkass-"Guess after being GOD I'll try this hero thing"-Doom into a "girls need all the social comfort they can get uwu". Waid can't write Doom for shit.

And I'm out.

>off by one

I want to blame Whitley for that.

Well, Waid is a Whitey, so... technically... you can!

>Nadia is a Doom fangirl

Aww that's kinda cute.

why does wasp hate spidy so much

Okay. Thanks. Stopped reading right here. thats just awful writing. Like, garbage.

She's a contrarian. She really is Sup Forums

It's more relevant that you don't have anything that can be taken from you.

Nadia Pym-von Doom when?

It's to reference the "Wasps hate spiders" thing even if it makes her look bad.

wouldn't "Geniuses in Action Research Labs" abbreviate to G.A.R.L instead of G.I.R.L?
G.I.A.R.L at the very least?

>Avengers HQ
>Parker Industries
>Baxter building

Six words that would have made no sense together two years ago. Feels like the current MU is a weird What-If.

The issue took FOREVER to come out. And Waid spent the last issues on Krang.

Geniuses Inaction Research Labs. It's for people who swear they are really smart but mostly watch the CW.

Endless GRRRRL PWRRRR and Doom being borderline autistic aside it was pretty fun, thanks.

The banter is unusually Archer-esque. It doesn't really work with Avengers, though.

So did he tell them about becoming God?

How to trigger Sup Forums in one page, glorious

Herc should have fired back with "Yes, but you're a rather large girl art you Thor? I said 'small'."

This needs a spooge edit, really bad.

Also, I like the call back to some of Spidey's newer villains from the early 2000's

Honestly, I'm enjoying this. It has an old-school superhero vibe. If only Waid would stop bringing in his politics into it it could be a GOAT Avengers run.

>She reminds me so much of Valeria

>Also, I like the call back to some of Spidey's newer villains from the early 2000's

Freak was from BND, that's late 2000's. And he was also one of the worst villains to come out of that period.

Early 2000 is 2000 - 2010 and Paper Doll was the worst to come out of that.

I really liked Nadia in this issue.

Nadia be crushing on Doom so hard right now

The first 6 issues were devoted to a reaaaaally drawn out Kang art. This is only the second arc.

>We can simple arrive
Bravo editors

I concur.

Ah yes, BND was a period where Marvel actually put an embargo on classic Spider-Man villains for over a year for some reason. The only new villains to catch on were Mr. Negative and Overdrive.

Not like they were seeing much use at that point anyway. The only classic rogues that JMS used were Ock, Kingpin, and Norman (and even then only in an indirect way).

Didn't he also use Molten Man?

I will punch the 9 years old neighbours girl by now. Good bye.

JMS wasn't the only Spider-Man writer though. You gotta remember that Spider-Man had 3 solo books before One More Day.

A new one unrelated to the first (he wasn't even called Molten Man until a later story where it was mentioned that he's been cured).

>Wasps hate spiders
Insectologist here, this is a myth. Wasps hate everything.

I can't read this.
I made it six pages in but I can't. I'm not even some kind of comic book snob, comics are supposed to be trashy and fun but this reads like a fan fic.
And it's Mark Waid!? When did he start sucking so bad?

They could do great with the characters, but this comic is shit.

Falcon looks cross-eyed

The art is awful.

you have a spider-sense retard

This has been a really good Avengers book

He was just trying to be funny.

>for some reason

you know how it is, people bitch about getting the same old same old

it was awesome. so was the .1 mini

Jeezuz....what the fuck happened to Waid?

Nadia sounds as annoying as she is in her ongoing
>check the credits
OK, Whitley is co-writing it. Explains a lot of things.

It was good, but like all Kang arcs, it wore out its welcome half-way through.

We're all gay for Doom user.
Just wish he wasn't being mainly written by Bendis.

lol it's literately the worst Avengers title in 5 years

The pages leading up to this were horrible. Nadia's monologue saved it for me.

>Doom being classy as fuck
I really like this Iron-Man.

I haven't seen a Geas in a while. I'm glad they're making a comeback.

But...inaction means they don't do anything.

for all his fault in writing The Champions, Waid is still a master of Continuity

She's gonna get the Gypsy D.