B...but Luke went to Vader to reason with him not kill him!

>B...but Luke went to Vader to reason with him not kill him!
>Scene of Luke viciously hacking at Vader and cutting his arm off

What the FUCK is everyone smoking? Luke was a hair away from cutting Vaders fucking head off, stop selectively remembering shit.

Giving into the dark side, even for a second, means losing oneself to anger, lust, greed, etc. Rey was shown going into a black hole for fucks sake.

>I'm going to ignore the fact that the Emperor was tempting him before the fight

OP confirmed for brainlet?

The point is that Luke overcame this and also Darth Vader was 99% evil with a spark of light and Kylo was a child with a spark of darkness.

Yeah, and guess what? He learned from that moment. He triumphed from that dark place, which is why it makes no sense for him to do what he did in Last Jedi.

He didn't attack until Vader threatened his sister and Palpatine threatened his friends fighting right outside in range of the death star's gun. Palpatine was goading him on and it almost worked. But I like how you ignored that he chose not to deliver the killing blow and spared his father, despite those aforementioned threats.

Ben was fucking asleep and hadn't done nor said shit to Luke. Then he wants to minority report him. How do you not see the difference?

>momentarily considering killing Darth Vader at the climax of a literal duel to the death right after he threatened to mindrape your sister if he wins the fight is analogous to momentarily considering stabbing your sleeping teenage nephew to death as you stand over his bed in the dead of night even though he hasn't actually done anything bad yet

Yea I can guess what. Your opinion is what Luke assumed about himself when he started the Jedi school.

And then then story continues.

>Luke looks into Kylos mind and sees Snokes influence
>Realizes there are dozens of other children present that Kylo could Columbine at any minute

The threat of losing all the other kids because Kylo was a school shooter was enough to warrant Luke considering putting him down

This isn't minority report pal.

ALWAYS IN MOTION IS THE FUTURE.

Perhaps he could have learned something from this lesson...

What did Luke say to Vader on Endor? That he sensed conflict in him. He knew the atrocities he had done. He wasn't ignorant of what Vader had done. He sent the Empire's forces to search for the droids, resulting in the deaths of his aunt and uncle. And yet still decides to try saving him. And he succeeds.

Kylo's theme throughout his whole arc is that he's conflicted and not truly dark (nor light for that matter). Therefore he won't ever reach the full power that he has been goaded into pursuing. And yet you claim Luke can see only the his potential dark future? Stop it.

Ben was a young, non mechanical nuetered male descendant of the strongest man in the universe who had been trained by the son of said strongest man. Luke had a moment of weakness realizing that if Kylos mind was really that poisoned and he snapped, he would basically kill every other padawan at the school. He’s also 6’5.

Lets not forget Kylo was probably a sperglord emo kid thanks to Snoke fucking with his head, and had raw power that Luke admitted he should have been scared of. Nothing was out of character for Luke who went from student to now master of more than 20 students he had to protect

Oh yeah, cause there was no threat at all of Vader doing anything evil when he tried to turn him back to the light side before he turned Palpatine into an abdula snackbar. Nah, trying to.. pfft, I dunno, trying to foster the good side in him instead and break Snoke's influence from an impressionable child, after he broke his father's years of indoctrination, that makes sense.

Oh oh! And bonus points, after he causes this fuckup, he just decides to fuck off forever and never once even try to fix it. Never once! Never even went "Okay I messed up, time to make this as right as I can. Better let Leia and Han die." I mean that just screams Luke, don't it?

I honestly wonder when they'll stop trying to convince everyone this made sense.

OP is a retard in addition to being a faggot

>I honestly wonder when they'll stop trying to convince everyone this made sense.

When the old fans stop buying Nu-Wars

Technically the movie said that. The one who saw his good future was Rey.

I thought the disney ships would atlas watched the OT

>and had raw power that Luke admitted he should have been scared of.
DUDE IM THE SON OF THE MOST POWERFUL JEDI EVER AND HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY ANOTHER SUPER POWERFUL JEFI BUT IM TOTALLY AFRAID OF SOME HARDLY TRAINED KID DUDE

>Luke had a moment of weakness

You know, people keep repeating this. Over and over and over the same thing "He just had a second of weakness! It was just a second and he regretted it immediately!" It's always the same thing.

Problem is, he didn't have a moment of weakness. He had years and years and years of weakness. He had his 'moment of weakness' and then just up and decided that was it, he gives up, gonna go drink him some slothtiddies. "A moment of weakness!" they scream, and hope everyone stops there. Because otherwise, how can you justify it?

Luke had a moment of weakness before too. He had a moment of weakness where he was ready to give up, give in, and he overcame it. He knew his friends were in danger, he caused his friends to be in danger, and the Luke from before would have done anything to try and do whatever he could to make it right. He knew he stood next to no chance against Vader, but did that stop him from going to Bespin? Fuck no, it didn't. He got his hand cut off, his world shattered and was tossed down a hole after failing everyone he loves, and needing to be saved by the very people he came to save! He lost everything, his training, his sense of self, his lightsaber, his fucking hand, all of it. He got messed up bad, and then you know what he did?

Got his new hand screwed on, got on his flying merchanside seller, and got his ass to the desert planet to do whatever he could to make it right. Shove your 'moment of weakness' up your ass, it's bad writing from someone who was trying desperately to force the new characters into the light, but just didn't have the chops to make them interesting or believable, so they shoved on superpowers and 'twists' and did everything they could to make you think 'well maybe they weren't so great' instead of 'well, these new guys can stand on their own.' And in the end, they couldn't. Luke left, and the audience is leaving with it.

Bye.

The Skywalkers are just shit at not being tempted by the darkside.

Anakin had the same problem, Luke had it, and now Kylo has it

You fucking asshole ! This is a fictional story where what we learn about characters come from how they are depicted in those, if we see luke overcoming the dark side and finding a little bit of goodness in the greatest lord sith, while being tempted by litteral evil, we assume he is an exceptional individual, which is one of the many reasons we as people like stories, to be amazed by extraordinary acts and we are right to assume some traits about those characters when we pass our times learning how they interact and how they think in their own world.
I know you are a shill, otherwise a dumb person, because we all saw the movie, we saw how the hack johnson deconstruct the story whitout building anything else over the remains. Why try to go in a way so opposite from what made star wars, simples stories of good vs bad, but in the end doing the same level of simplicity anyway, a good girl will have to fight a bad guy. It s shit on what we expect and bring us what we expected anyway, a bigger fight in episode 9 and the good guys will wins...

>He didn't attack until Vader threatened his sister and Palpatine threatened his friends fighting right outside in range of the death star's gun. Palpatine was goading him on and it almost worked.
And he didn't consider killing Kylo until he looked into his mind and saw a future where everyone he knew and cared about was dead.

Nigger he was young and impressionable back then

It would be great of TLJ actually build up and showed this, instead of basically just telling us. Rian is a hack.

>Wahhh LUke wouldn't do this
>Here is an explanation of why he would
>Wahhhh I don't like how they explained it in the film!
You fanboys are literally impossible to please. This is why Lucas sold star wars .

Vader threatened Luke's sister gf.