Now that the year is wrapping up, can we finally alla gree that Get Out was the best movie of the year?

Now that the year is wrapping up, can we finally alla gree that Get Out was the best movie of the year?

Great flick. I have an unabashed love for Wind River this year, though.

No, sorry im not a soyboy

I'm conflicted on the movie because I like a lot of it but some parts are just too stupid and kinda sour the whole movie

>opening scene where a black guy gets abducted
>1 second later
>hey (black boyfriend) wanna go up to my parents house? You'll never guess what'll happen!

Just...why would you include that scene?

I mean to be fair the trailer gives away the entire movie too but fuck

This movie looks like Stepford Wives mixed with Scooby Doo. Please explain to me why this movie is good, without using any point(s) involving the races of the protagonist and antagonist.

>cool atmosphere and tension that slowly builds up to a reveal that shows more than what you expected
>pretty decent comic relief mixed in at timely moments
>good performances all around
>good cinematography.
I'm not saying this is you, but I feel sorry for anons who get so hung up in a black protagonist and social commentary they can't enjoy the better parts of the film.

>Dude, wypipip are just jealous. They want our melanin

Here is my answer to all your points: I can get ALL of those things (comic relief, tension, cinematography) in the Stepford Wives remake with Nicole Kidman, or even the 40 or 50 better movies that came out this year. Why should I even bother watching Get Out? Why is Get Out being rated so highly at all? It's the most boilerplate horror film that isn't a sequel or a remake. What is the appeal?

>even the 40 or 50 better movies that came out this year.
How do you know if you haven't seen it? I'm not OP and not defending Get Out, but could you possibly tip your fedora a bit less?

The movie was pretty much a twilight zone episode

Most Overrated along with Get Out and Wonder Woman

Look, I watched the trailer. I read a couple reviews. I know exactly what it's going to be like. I can already picture the scenes where I'm supposed to be "cringing" or "glued to the screen with tension". It's not really something I consider my cup of tea. As I said: There are 40 or 50 other movies I (and you) should probably watch instead.

All stories are influenced by those that came before it. You can make the same argument for any movie.
>Why is Get Out being rated so highly at all?
Because the execution and technical proficiency outclassed films with much higher budgets and more experienced directors. The movie was enjoyed, and sold well.

Dumbass I just don't feel like seeing the same shit over again, but this time it's with a black guy.

*Baby Driver and Wonder Woman

>Look, I watched the trailer. I read a couple reviews. I know exactly what it's going to be like.
I really can't stand teenagers

looking past the race shit, it was still very dull and the horror aspects were nonexistent

Hey fair enough, if it's not for you it's not for you, I was just curious why you wanted to debate the merits of a movie you have no interest in seeing.
Nice post.

Get Out was this year? Shit man, this is the first year that actually feels slower than before.

>Look, I watched the trailer. I read a couple reviews. I know exactly what it's going to be like.
Jesus fuck, the reddit in your replies. Just stop, nobody here gives a fuck if you watch it or not.

>Because the execution and technical proficiency
This is the fucking problem with movies these days: Get Out, from everything I can infer, does absolutely nothing that could be considered powerful or interesting filmmaking; It is the fucking bare minimum that every filmmaker should ascribe to. Since you and most others are so deadened by absolute fucking garbage, you consider such mediocrity to be excellence. I can assure you: Jordan Peele is a mediocre director. Just because he knows where to point a camera and what spooky tone to use in a certain scene doesn't make him a master of his craft.

don't get all butthurt I don't want to watch your black Twilight Zone movie Jordan.

>I haven't seen the film, but let me tell you what I dissected from a YouTube ad to shit all over it
edgy

The trailer gives away the entire movie, buddy.

Anyone who names Get Out as one of their favorite 2017 films has automatic shit taste.

Anyone who names Get Out as one of their favorite 2017 films has automatically been blacked.

I just can't get over how weird looking that black guy looks, particularly the shape of his head. Could they not have casted someone like Anthony Mackie instead.
I would be more inclined to watch it.
Also is the movie actually funny?

>Also is the movie actually funny?
there aren't even any attempts at humor

You forgot Thor 3 and Last Jedi , DisneyFag

4/10 at best

Yea, except it was twice as long as it needed to be. The movie wastes a lot of time and is totally padded. Like most horror movies sure, but it doesn't add to tension or do much with it. It's core story is solid, it just doesn't tell it in a concise way.

>From everything I can infer
Sup Forums in a nutshell