The soy has won NuWars, but spice defeats soy

The soy has won NuWars, but spice defeats soy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mGygaPaneIo?t=3m37s
youtu.be/V9tL_rw1zgc?t=5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Inb4 Lady Jessica is unexpectedly a tranny for sjw points

I wish I had that voice power shit I'd be all like FUCK YOU!

Soyboy literally converts to space islam and takes over the galaxy. Wow, what a thrilling story.

You realize that in the book the Weirding Way isn't some sonic beam weapon, right? It's a martial arts style.

Let the soy flow

>Villeneuve casts Kyle MacLachlan for some role in the remake

Thoughts?

ywn put your mind in motion :(

Just got this book for Xmas anons, only seen the first 30 mins of the film. What should I expect from the book?

I hope he does.

Also Patrick Stewart.

Just not Sting.

A hurried ending.

>Just got this book for Xmas anons
Are you me?

Did you get the Barnes & Noble hardcover?

it's a no brainer, he should play duke leto

>Just not Sting.
Yo fuck you

Dune: Messiah is the epilogue to the original Dune book, Dune shouldn't be read without it.

At last, the Beignet Gesserit

nigger, sting was literally the best part of that movie.

everything about that movie was good and you're a fucking pleb if you think otherwise.

Sting was fine if you're gonna play it camp like Lynch did, but I'm expecting Villeneuve to play it straight, and there's no place for Sting in that.

>Villeneuve casts the guy who plays Steve on Stranger Things as Paul Atreides

Nah I got the new Penguin edition. The B&N one also seems cool tho. Let's get to readin'!

Thank you

I really enjoyed BR2049 and I fucking love Dune so I'm hyped as fuck about this. I hope so much it's good.

Dune is unwatchable.

Dr Yueh.

Dune is a great movie, one of the best ever

>converts

Confirmed for not having read the books. He doesn't convert to their religion, he converts them to his, they become his army.

He is Spehs Mohammed though.

That one looks cool, too.

I've seen the whole Lynch movie (and the "Alan Smithee" cut), but I'm trying to purge most of it from my mind while reading because the people I know who have read the book say it's very different. I figure it's kind of like LOTR (or The Hobbit, even more so) in that respect, though I had read those books before watching the PJ movies.

My sister thought the Sci Fi channel miniseries was better than the Lynch film, but I never watched that.

Nah, the sets, music, and costumes alone is enough to make it worthwhile, and despite studio fuckery it still feels like a Lynch movie.
Also the spice diver redux isn't bad.

>Just not Sting.

I think he's talking about the Bene Gesserit and their Voice. The being able to say 'Plz kill each other' to guards keeping you prisoner and have them comply.

You know you're old when you can remember seeing that issue of National Geographic when it was new.

>My sister thought the Sci Fi channel miniseries was better than the Lynch film, but I never watched that.
The first sci fi miniseries is kind of shitty but there is a followup children of dune miniseries with babby based mcavoy as Leto II.

Plebian

Paul was a disciplined, cultured, responsible young man. He's in no way a soyboy

The miniseries was closer to the books (didn't change the Weirding Way into a fucking brown-note gun) but it really showed it's TV budget in a lot of places.

You can't really do Dune on the cheap.

Holy shit man, that was four years before I was born and I'm an oldfag by this site's standards.

Dune is a definitely a movie women will never understand

His mom and dad also picked out palace girls for him to fuck.

>soy
>nu-something
Sup Forums thread alert

>but it really showed it's TV budget in a lot of places.
Pretty much why I never watched it. I saw a scene or two and thought that, however more faithful it was to the book, it just couldn't compete with the production values of the Lynch film.

>You can't really do Dune on the cheap.
This

just blow 150Million to Jodo before he dies

also
>yfw Dunis casts Jodorowsky

oh, incels

>Afghan girl/Sharbat Gula
>yfw reading the ShindoL doujin

Well hell, I was searching through National Geographics for picture of naked girls when you weren't even conceived yet. It was tough being a curious little boy before the Internet.

If Dune is "Sup Forums" then paint a swastika on me.

I watched Jodorowsky's Dune....I'm kinda glad he didn't make it. Seemed like a guy just high off the smell of his own piss, he just wanted to make a arty 'masterpiece' for his own benefit, not a Dune movie. I mean, that's fine if he wants to make some cinematic modern art, but why does he need to slap the Dune™ trademark on it?

A bit like Starship Troopers, but less fun and far more pretentious.

Has he even read the book?

I am a legit mental midget who never figured out until this year that the Sardukhar were Jannisaries

>Afghan Girl doujin

Goddamnit Japan.

this is so pretty

It's one of the best sci-fi books of all time

If you read the sequels I recommend stopping at God Emperor, and if you read any of the son's shit I recommend only reading the Butlerian Jihad trilogy

This is the golden path of Dune Novels

>tfw we'll never see a Butlerian Jihad book or movie that is true to the original concept of a neo-luddite rebellion, something that would be immensely relevent today
>instead his son turned it into a shitty Terminator: IN SPEHS cliche

Miniseries is cheesy but good. Feels more like a play than a movie.

This. Every movie maker has huge plans and dreams for his big movie, it is very hard to actually manifest that vision into a great movie, very few have done it. Even shitty movies have incredible storyboards and concepts that all fall to the wayside due to budget, timing and production constraints. His Dune would have likely been a disaster and probably not even finished.

I love that its actually an environmental novel dressed up as sci-fi
Just as BoTNS is a Catholic novel dressed up as sci-fi

The ending he planned was an even further departure from the book's ending than what Lynch did.

>Movie about a white guy being hailed as a demi-god by a bunch of backwards brown people, teaching them how to fight before exploiting their beliefs to wage war on his enemies and make himself emperor
>Most of the women are either evil and manipulative or loyal and/or concubines
>Chief villian is both obese, paedophilic, homosexual and orders the murder of hundreds of women on a whim

How much butthurt over various *insert topic of choice*ism's do you think it'll generate? Villeneuve is already of their radar for having a waifu simulator in BR2049.

He admitted he never actually read the book. A friend told him about it and he liked the concept

>CGI is finally good enough to truly do Shai-hulud justice

My body is ready.

wrong, all thots know when they are ordered to begone

youtu.be/mGygaPaneIo?t=3m37s

I don't remember race even being mentioned in Dune.

>KHUL WAHAD, NO WOMAN-CHILD EVER HAD SUCH STYLISH HAIR
>Kawistaz Haderach King Steve

Jesus fuck I would watch the shit out of that.

>Hi Mr. Movie Producer, I'd like to make a movie adaption of this book I have not read, based on the vague description my friend gave me of the major plot elements

No wonder that shit didn't get funded.

How long until we get an adaption of The Prince of Nothing?

I would unironically trust Guillermo Del Torro with a proper adaptation.

care to give me a tl:dr on this? I never heard of it before

>The Prince of Nothing

as good as stewart is in the movie, that's a pretty great depiction of gurney.

these pics are pretty cool.

I've only just begun the series based off some /lit/ list but it seems to be a pretty high learning curve book with a fair amount of religious themes and more about intrigue and stuff like that. Reads kinda similar to Tolkien. I like it so far

I liked his ending though, it would have been great on film.

This is false. The movie was actually funded, but American distributors refused to put in theatres. Without sufficient US distribution, where the film would have made the bulk of its money, the investors pulled out and the whole project collapsed. It's pretty sad, really.

This soymeme is so fucking stupid

>Doon
>high learning curve

christ user...

we're talking about prince of nothing series you retard

>son
It's the fault of Kevin J Anderson, the prime evil of bad writing.

Fuck, nice pic.

Kettle Bowie in TP3 had strong Lynch's DUNE vibes. Reminded me how much I liked the aesthetic of the movie.

Imagine a roastie getting this shut down in current year of the soyboy
youtu.be/V9tL_rw1zgc?t=5s

I can't predict whether the current GURL POWAR mob will embrace the Bene Gesserit as powerful, capable women or denounce them as a sexist cliché.

It depends on how they are portrayed in the movie. He may make some changes that make them more tolerable to sjws

digits confirm.
I'm going to get that edition. I had a bunch of the different editions of dune, like some foreign language, commemorative editions that kind of thing. I'm a total fanboy of Dune.

SciFi miniseries was very close to the books and fucking awesome. Sure some of the FX look like some 1998 PC game cutscene but if you're not a complete plebian, you understand that that shit don't really matter. Everything else looks great and the performances are fucking awesome.

It blows my mind how people don't praise that shit more. It's one of the most faithful book-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen.

You could compare them to many religious military orders, or military tribes/societies even though the Sardaukar are quite fucking ruthless and fanatical in Dune.

>series introduction by Neil Gaiman
I think he's alright but this didn't need to be on the cover, little spot of shit on an otherwise beautiful cover.

There's a fucking lot more in Dune than the environmental aspect. That's not even a major point.
And what is BoTNS, mr. secret acronym club commander?

>t. TLJ fan

because the third act was objectively shit and Dune is all about the build up to the ending you twat.
Even the movie with deleted scenes added (thufir assassination scene, proclaimed marriage to irulan) shits all over it. most fan editions even edit out the rain scene but it doesnt really hurt the ending anyway

Bridge of Terabithia, Newfag Shit

>doesn't know BotNS

That pic really describes yourself well, user.

Meh, Bakker literally copy-pastes the high middle ages, but fiddles with the religions and nations a bit, somehow having even *less* variety than existed IRL. Complex religious themes are nonexistent and the philosophy is babby-tier, but I liked the story. I've read six of the books, waiting for the last one to be under $10 on discount book sites. It'll be a while, since it was released just this past June.

Honestly that would be fucking amazing

>doesn't know BotNS

me too bro

THE SLOW BLADE PENETRATES THE SHIELD

He means that religion is spehs Islam
>violent desert dwellers with deep tribal issues declare guerilla war on a strong empire

at least have him on the Old Dukes painting as Paulus Atreides

>Sure some of the FX look like some 1998 PC game cutscene but if you're not a complete plebian, you understand that that shit don't really matter.

>>aesthetics don't matter
>>in a movie about a book

why don't you just read the book then? What's the point of having a visual adaptation if the visuals suck

tfw you realize that Frank Herbert is THE ULTIMATE greenpill. White Islam will save humanity from destruction.

I remember always wanting him to win that fight at the end as a child.

should I start reading dune? Is it good good, or is it more nerd - good? Is it actually written well?

>cis white male leads shitskins to overthrow big corrupt empire
on a superficial level this is what dune is. no studio will touch it

>no studio will touch it
Well, it's being remade, and it has a big budget. Perhaps they will rework the story to make it more palatable for the corrupt empire to handle, in fact it will be interesting to see how they approach it.

The shitty visuals are part of the aesthetic. You have to see it in the context of the time it was made. Some stuff may age badly but it was amazing for it's time. I'd like to see you do better with the same knowledge and tools.