Generation X #1 Lettered Preview

Things will get ugly.

No more youthfulness for Jubilee.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/amilcarpinna
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

End

What the fuck is wrong with the faces? This is terrifying.

>destroyed in2008
Get your sliding timeline together, it hasn't been 9 years.

Ho shit, it's the Mango Killer artist!

Shit art

Nor does renaming the Jean Grey Institute back to Xavier seem cool. Thank god Wolverine is too dead to see this

those artists do ALOT of comic covers
I suspect you don't belong here

Marlel really showing their commitment to the x-books here.

Hey, it's Broo!

>that art
>that writing
>that team
fuck this book so hard

Not too keen on the art, but something about the colors almost makes it up for me.

>No more youthfulness for Jubilee
You mean physically or in terms of personality? Because she should be eternally 18 thanks to the whole vampire thing.

>Amilcar Pinna
Oh God, I'm getting Young Ultimates flashbacks.

>Destroyed in 2008
That's... not how the sliding timescale works. It would have been destroyed around 2013-2014 in the current timeline.

Hey.. It's been destroyed enough that it's probably still true.

This. I can't believe I'm mad about a lobdell book getting tarnished but holy shit this is just spitting on gen x.

Well, 2008 would be sometime in the mid-80s, so yeah, I'm pretty sure the Xavier School was destroyed at least once in that period.

What is this from?

Gen-X is like the best book he's ever written, so there's that.

Young Ultimates. Later on, someone asks him to kill someone else and he goes "I'm all out of mangos."

GenX is the best Marvel book from the 90s

I mean 2008 was the year Messiah Complex ended and the school was destroyed in that story before the move to SF

But it's weird to keep that year considering Bling and Quentin were students before that time, it's been 10 years and they're still in high school

Not even close. Despite all the meme-ing, the 90s had quite a few great Marvel books. It WAS the best X-book of the 90s though.

Only the good ones get to graduate.

Quentin did graduate though
So did Armor and Anole.

And now they're all back to being students

That book really was something special.

all the women look like inbreeded

The narration has her acting like she's well into adulthood.

Fiffe is a national treasure

THAT IS NOT HOW CHAMBER'S FACE WORKS

There'd be psychic fire spilling out from under that scarf. It isn't a fashion accessory, it's a baffle!

But not renamed until the destruction back in Messiah Complex

I'm glad that book killed the "Copra is good" meme. Turns out anyone can trick people into believing they're good writers if they just plagiarize Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

But COPRA is good.

Having a kid will do that to you.

>Stealing a kid will do that to you.

Fixed.

Well it didn't say it was renamed because of the same blowing up. Man it's easy to write around this shit. X-men history is a series of loops.

no one claimed it

Well-meme'd my friend.
Anyone who believes fruit can silence a gun, much less a fruit with a gigantic seed in the middle, has no business writing that kind of book.

Ah, but what if he just wanted to see if the bullet would push the seed through the guy's skull?

Writing seems dull and a shitty written Jubilee at that, art looks like shit, Jason Aaron characters instead of students anyone wants to see.

>2008 would be sometime in the mid-80s

>Thank god Wolverine is mostly too dead to care

Marvel's sliding timescale is a 4:1 scale. Throw in the 8 month timeskip from after Secret Wars, and it'd put 2008 at 1983~1987

>it'd put 2008 at 1983~1987
Sliding timescales were a mistake.

is Jubs still a vampire?

Yep. She has a magic amulet that lets her be out in the sun though. Don't know if she can cross running water, enter houses without being invited, and/or be around garlic without breaking out into hives.

*morrison characters instead of students anyone wants to see

what the F U C K is this art

what the fuck is wrong with everyone's face?

Who the fuck drew this shit and how can we stop them?

She flew across the ocean with the baby she kidnapped from Europe

She can cross running water

What the fuck happened to Morrison's OC Self Insert? He barely resembles himself anymore

This is some of the ugliest art I've seen.

If Jubilee's supposed to be sucking on a popsickle, this moron puffed the wrong cheek.

I think the cover art is decent, but that bothered me, too. Maybe it's a candy-cane?

Shame about the interior art. I don't really expect better from Marvel, though.
>No more youthfulness for Jubilee.
What do you mean, OP?

Second best after X-Men 2099, just slightly above X-Force which was more consistent.

If my PC wasn't being a piece of shit and I didn't have other stuff going on I'd storytime Gen X again like I did a few years back. Hell maybe I'll start this weekend even without shelling out shekels for a Pass. We'll see.

Wait, Why is Jono back to having a destroyed face of psionic mind fire and how is Jubilee standing in direct sunlight?

Marvel's siding timescale is 'everything significant happened not too long ago, in chronological order' there's no hard maths to it

>Destroyed in 2008
don't say that!

Jono sounds like Jono, not bad so far.

there's a law that says all books geared to "new readers" must be as unappealing to "old readers" as possible.

>Second best after X-Men 2099

Jono got his mutant powers back when Legion had a breakdown and caused Age of X

Jubilee has a magical medallion that let's vampires walk in sunlight.
In the past she's drank Wolverine and X-23's blood since that also gives vampires daywalker abilities

>that art
W H A T T H E F U C K

I am also curious.

I also wouldn't put it past them to just be like 'whatever, this is how they are now, we'll explain how it happened someday'.

not him but X-Men 2099 is really good, X-fags hate it because they wanted the children of the X-Men in the future but it's a more than solid team book.

I grew up on the X-Men cartoon but it was actually X-Men 2099 that got me hooked on comics. Absolutely loved Blood Hawk, Halloween Jack, La Lunatica, and Skullfire.

That series did 90's edge well and I loved the art until Ron Lim left and it got generic looking. It's also pretty rare to see an environmentalist hero/terrorist or an actual dominatrix muscle girl hero/villain. Those two really stood out to me, I've not encountered many like them since.

If I wrote at Marvel, I would totally start using the Sliding Timescale to bring in some of 2099 characters into current continuity, Brimstone Love and La Lunatica were already ageless in 2099, no reason there couldn't be an analog in 2017.

>giving the kid a Steven Universe jacket
I knew Jubilee was a bad "mother," but geez!

Don't ask me, ask the artist
twitter.com/amilcarpinna

When will they dump the damn kid she stole? Who in their right mind thought making a character choose to be a single mother would make her responsible? It's the exact opposite. You're giving the a shitty life just because you think you deserve a kid. They deserve two parents. And it doesn't help that Jubilee is a bloodsucking monster now and still hangs around people whose house is routinely blown up and are attacked by genocidal maniacs. If she really cared about the baby, she'd put him up for adoption.

Panel 3 looks like it could be from Attack on Titan.

>relocated to Central Park
So much for Cyke's idea of moving where innocent civilians wouldn't get dragged into anti-mutant attacks.

Since I see a lot of people where talking about 90's X-men, does anyone have a download for a 90's X-men collection?
I just recently started reading X-Men from the beginning, and I'm digging it a lot. I'm on issue #165 now.
I only have stuff from 1966-1987 though, and I was excited mostly about the 90's comics, since it was the cartoon that got me interested in reading it.

one horned guy is morph?

he's copying Nature Girl's appearance, he doesn't have full control of his shapeshifting ability, and he has subconscious ability to shift his appearance to someone recognizable to whose ever looking at him. He's only been able to control the power and turn to a specific person with Emma Frost psychically "Steering the Wheel"

Morph is kinda like an Asari in Mass Effect, if you wanted to see a hot asian chick Morph's head would appear to you as a hot asian chick.

Isn't Jubilee a vampire

Not quite. He doesn't exactly turn into someone recognizable.

He turns into the people around him. Or at least something similar to them.

So unless you were a hot Asian chick, that's not what he'd turn into

The art is terrible. Where did all the talent go?

Marvel is the Mass Effect: Andromeda of Comics.

dafuq?

Marvel isn't interested in anyone applying for a job in the industry. The only way to get hired is for them to notice and want you somehow, or for a friend who is already working at Marvel to help you. So of course they are chasing after what few people in the industry are shit enough to work for Marvel in a field of artists who've already made it in the industry to some degree, and occasionally hiring the talent-less friends of insiders.

>What do you mean, OP?
That fucking art; also see

They want the indie/webcomics crowd, so they're skewing away from the norm.

Unfortunately, that also means they skew away from anyone with real talent and skill.

They need to kill this fucking baby already, it was a bad idea when Wood had her steal it from a hospital and it's brought nothing to the table since.

ANOTHER #1?
Also
>not a single straight white male
What did they mean by this?

That would just make Jubilee morose. The kid either needs to get put up for adoption or wiped entirely from existence so not even memory of it remains.

>Kid Omega
I hate this character.

>Bling!
I hate this character more.

And who is Kid Omega?

I remember /k/ having a hoot when this happened

>things will get ugly
No kidding. Fucking dropped.

After years of failing you'd think they'd try a better approach oh well. I hope disney starts cracking the fucking whip.

> where did all the talent go?

To other books.Right now X-Books have the lowest art quality out of Marvel, but the other books still have standby artists like Del Mundo, Acuna, Noto, etc. Shalvey's still doing covers, and Larraz's debut on Uncanny Avengers was solid.

>Second best after X-Men 2099
... are you serious? X-men 2099 is the second worst 2099 book.

Uncanny Avengers is also one of the best x-books in years.

It was.
Duggan's off the book now, and replaced by Zub.

It was more of a Rogue book than an X-Book though. Even though the book had plenty of X-material it still came off as having more of an Avengers slant. I don't think the Terrigen serum bit had any payoff, and Shaw/Toad vanished after the Hand issues.

"Best X-Book in years" is also pretty debatable considering how crowded the field has been over the past decade.