Let's settle this for once and for all

Let's settle this for once and for all.

Blade runner 2049 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blade Runner

We all agree, right?

Blade Runner > BR 2049 because Blade Runner is way more in depth regarding the philosophical questions.

Unironically yea because of that gay retarded kissing scene in BR

>We all agree, right?

Ridley Scott doesn't.

He is too butthurt that the sequel is better than his original kek

2049 is infinitely better because it doesn't bring up the question of if Deckard is a replicant

Incorrect posts general, then?

not a reason.. especially when worded so poorly

Deckard is 100% a replicant.

Neither does the original. The question "is Deckard a replicant" came up only years later when Scott proposed it.

they filmed the scene with the origami unicorn during principal photography user, not two decades later

BR looks better and doesn't explain everything to you.

at least 2049 has a plot, whereas everything just falls into Deckard's lap in the original and he doesn't do anything consequential

I want to have sex with literally everyone involved in the making of 2049

Wasn't it filmed for legend?

Yes, but Scott spliced in his gay b-roll footage from Legend to make it appear that the Unicorn origami meant anything more than, I've been here, I know your plans, enjoy your headstart, but we will be coming after you and Rachel.

>at least 2049 has a plot
BR has a plot as well, user. Deckard finds the snake scale and photos and tracks down Zorah. How is that having things fall into his lap?

>Deckard is a replicant
>lives for decades later and had no augmented strength
Wow you're dumb

In that pic, Blade Runner 2049 looks very fake compared to the original. Too clean.

Confirmed for watching a camrip

On the right is an apartment, on the left is a movie set. It's much worse if you compare Tyrell's clearly inhabited room with Wallace's giant empty rooms where he presumably spends time plotting evil things or meditating 24/7. Leto is a Marvel villain not belonging in that movie.

But the unicorn dream sequence was added much later. And even when it was added, it's a very indirect hint that you can dismiss if you want. Why do raging autists think that one random unicorn origami is a solid proof of Deckard being a replicant and not a coincidence? Isn't in that case picrelated a concrete proof that the world of BR is a computer simulation?

No, it wasn't.

Fuck you.

This.

He could be an experimental model built without a failsafe. Or not be, it doesn't really matter.

Wow, I hope those shots weren't your argument.
>stiff, blocked pastels, texture-less, thinks symmetry is good framing, "blue/orange save me" and artificially smoothed
>flowing image, soft transition of colors across a complementary palette, reflective quality that gives another layer of pillar but not exaggerated, framing guides the eye instead of centering it and stopping there, shading does the same and gives the whole shot a more literal flowing texture quality
I mean it's miles apart in two shows and yet you think the first did it better.

See the movie you goddamned faggot.

The first 30 mins of 2049 is perfect - then Wallace spoils things with his pretentious exposition piece. Detective stuff is comfy as hell. I could have done without the whole robot revolution subplot and Deckard didn't really need to be in the film soooo overall the first one is best due to it being a simple uncluttered story that works.

>museum lighting: a showcase of static created works
>fish tank lighting: a terrarium of living things to be studied

Agreed completely. Not to mention it would have been a reasonable length. Maybe some user could produce an edited version in the future.

>Wallace's giant empty rooms where he presumably spends time plotting evil things or meditating 24/7
he's blind

Good one bitch. Based on your response to you are legitimately retarded.

Blade Runner without "Deckard is a replicant" shit > 2049 > Blade Runner

So overall 2049 wins because there's no version of BR which isn't fatally crippled in some way either through narration or autistic Scott fanfiction.

No, they're roughly equal.

Not really. The book has them both beat by a fucking huge margin, anyways.

The original doesn't have Jared Leto or his character so it is automatically superior.

>book
Dickfag spotted. It sucks.

I like the first one more because I get more drawn into it, the second has more character and sucks you into the plot though. Plus no one can out cyberpunk the cyberest movie of all time.

You suck, you illiterate negro.

If you are blind, maybe

The "villains" in the new movie were so fucking bad. I can't believe people overlook that.

no way stupid

the original is still better
desu 2049 was long but there was no reason for it to be so long, it just feels like barely anything happens the entire movie
it still held my attention the entire time though