Best Expanse Girl

>tfw no autistic space qt gf

Also, general Expanse thread

i really have a hate love relationship with The Expanse. I like the premise, plot and the whole universe around it. All the politics and shit but they turned it into a The Walking Dead Tier shitfest for no reason. It would be absolutely INSANE as a serious & cold Sci-Fi but instead you get 2 protagonists having a conversation about their love life in the middle of some intense action sequence similiar to what TWD is doing all the time. This type of writing tilts me super hard. With that said - Juliette is best Expanse girl obviously.

It's the best Gundam series ever produced

Tbh, there's something about the show's politics that rubs me wrong. And it's not in the sense that I think there's a bias that I don't like, but more in the sense that there fundamental understanding of how and why politicians act is wrong.

It didn't make much sense to me why Mao would try to get Mars and Earth into a war. To create noise so they won't be focus on what Protogen is doing, and to create a market for protomolecule tech presumably.

But it doesn't make much sense to me. a war between Mars and Earth could very rapidly escalate from proxy war to glassing cities from orbit. And I don't see what Mao stand to gain from an all out war.

It was cool when I thought it was going to be a big multi-sided political thriller about groups of people trying to stop three factions in a cold war from going hot. But then hormones, aliens, mystery boxes, and "what a tweest!" happened and the whole thing turned into another soap opera with a sci-fi skin.

Same shit that ruined Gundam 00, Nothing to see here, move along.

It's like an uncanny valley but applied to fictional portrayals of politics (as someone who was a civil servant), not unlike Parks & Rec.

>Juliette is best Expanse girl obviously.
t. Miller

Even Naomi is better

uhm no

have they cast Peaches yet?

I like Miller, they really bought his character to life.

The rest I agree with pretty much everyone, they feel pretty flat. I feel zero chemistry between Naomi and Holden.

The action scenes are really cool though.

Best autistic space /k/ waifu

I feel like there's a good chemistry between Amos and Alex.

I kind of get it, but it's very hard to get that feeling since Amos is a turbo-autist.

Amos being a sociopathic turbo autist makes him oddly endearing, and little moments like Alex giving him apology lasagna put a smile on my face. I just enjoy seeing them both interacting on screen together.

i feel like Amos is heavily miscasted. Should be a bigger guy who is more of a meathead.

>they didn't recast Florence to play Clarissa
This honestly upsets me, I've kinda lost interest.

At least she's still playing a Blue hottie on another show.

They did.

how the fuck is this bitch supposed to be mistaken for Julie/Flo

She had that wet all the time look

I kind of wish they did the animu thing and gave us a slow slice of life episode between major arcs. I want to know more about the gang and what they do in on their slow days when they're not busy getting themselves into shit.

this is more or less my ideal

God damn does she look good for a 65 year old

>she will never dominate you with that insane voice

Nadine to recur on Season 3 of The Expanse as Melba Koh

That is from her webpage

>she

I just don't see her as Peaches at all, probably will win me over, but really wanted Flo back.

Also, I'm guessing Drummer is going to take over Michio Pa's role in the book?

She once talked about how her voice typecasts her into powerful women roles. She joked to a director friend of hers that she would like to do a maid for a change. Her friend answered back "What with that voice your yours? You come in in a maid dress and go 'madam here's your tea' and everyone would immediately guess that the tea was poisoned'"

Agreed, Avasarala is cast well too. The rest are ok, they are consistent enough with the books physical description of them.

Meme response, but check out the books. Im on the 6th one now and it's still Holden my interest

Without makeup you can really tell she a first nation gal

>ywn hydrate with beers with Drummer

Will season three feature an attempt at dialogue? Really great scifi setting otherwise

Love this show.. pure kino

I don't get why belters would be physically weaker than martians. Seems like besides the actual rock hoppers out there nudging space rocks around the rest of them all live on stations that have 1/3 spin gravity, just as if they are on mars. And martians seem mostly fine on Earth, needing only some pills and sunglasses to adjust.

>see /teg/
>get excited and check for air date
>not even listed yet
fuck you OP

also
D R U M M E R
R
U
M
M
E
R

Drummer and "Spash" from season 1 were in a awful canadian western show. Did watch about 7 epsiodes before giving up, and drummer does flash a nipple

>Kneel like a good boy. Now I hope you know what to do, or else I might just grab your hair and show you the hard way.

Holy fuck I watched this show never knew it was same actress.

>Put you to whoore

Yep, actually watched it since she, and the weapon officer from s1e4 was in it as main cast.

Whole plotline of the show was

"Woman marries a man, he gets killed, she works her ass off to prevent her step daughters from being pimped out."

But it wasn't that good

Also has that guy from nu-BSG

Helo gets to fuck all the hot girls

>Drummer will never let down her hair and straddle you

Why live?

She's the best woman on the show. Even if she's a dirty belter.

Side question: what factions do you guys associate with?

Mars for me.

Just finished the 7th book, liked it a lot, I'm sorry to tell you though that Drummer sticks around for a long time and plays a big role, haha got you

None of them are particularly likeable, but I guess that was the point.

OPA is its own brand of SPACE ISIS though, I hate them the most by a large margin.

She looks great as a belter, and as a Métis in western garb

>Mars
Laconia is the true Martian spirit.

UGH

Which faction is Space Australia, Belters or Dusters?

Just seeing if I have more of her.

Mao is a psychopath who thinks he's got the hot ticket to immortal transhumanity. Cost/benefit calculations are for plebs, is what he'd say while the garrote slips over your ears.
The U.N.'s political scenes were pretty hokey, though.
Malnutrition, plus the lower levels of Ceres have weaker gravity. Millah could throw most other Belters around, because he grew up in the state orphanage where he recieved cheap but effective growth-support meds. The Martian military on the other hand trains extensively at 1 g, so all they need are pills.

I wonder though if they're going to give her Pa's role in the books

>The U.N.'s political scenes were pretty hokey, though.
they are written by people who don't understand how politics works

MCRN all the way bby

Still, what was Errinwright hoping to get from daddy Mao?

The only thing the show has done better than the books so far is the Miller/Julie scene where he finally meets her. That was beautiful and Miller in general was very well done but I think that mostly because of Thomas Jane.

Literally everything else is better in the books. Holden especially, while not the most interesting guy in the books, is a hell of a lot better than he is in the show and so is Bobbie. They just got such terrible actors for both of them. I think the other actors are fine and just let down by inconsistent writing but my god Holden and Bobbie are awful.

Those are only saved by Shoreh's charisma, because those scenes feel so juvenile and edgy in their dialogue.

I honestly dislike their choice for Bobbie. Really takes me out of her scenes.

The cucumber sandwich bit made me smile, but then again she's a porker and it's natural to her

at least with bobbie they have the excuse of how many 6foot+ pacific islander woman act?

She looked like a pre op soyboy in thisBut a beauty here

Well yeah. didn't want to spoil that though.

Lot has to do with makeup. Also she was basically wearing male western clothing in the webm.

Makeup for rarer ethnics can be hard, as she Ojibway.

Sorry I just can't sit quietly while people defend those MCRN soyboys when we know the truth.

Is Thomas Jane basically an IRL Miller or something? When he gets interviewed he's always like

>"So Thomas, I see you're wearing Miller's hat today"
>"No, this is actually my hat"

Due to how it is written I have no idea which one the user thought she looked good in.

I've read all the books but I can't remember what happens to her, does she die during all that free navy shit?

>Mars
My nigga.

That's true. desu though despite the books calling her Samoan or whatever I always just pictured her as Gwendolyn Christie, still do.

Tell me about MCRN! Why do their sailors but not their marines wear the mask?

When does S3 start?

Only their marines wear that armour
Only recon marines wear power armour

>martian marines talked up to be some hardcore badass motherfuckers
>nothing but a slopping shit on the screen any time the storyline martian """marines""" are shown

After seeing them during the attack on the martian ship, the subsequent scenes involving martians have been nothing but a letdown. I'd really love this to not be the case, but fuck man. S3 better show more drummer, her and best boy Amos are the only things keeping me interested.

holden is a typical liberal numale. its a bit weird cos he's the protag but is a terrible one.
also the villain is EVIL CORPORATE INDUSTRIALIST. its too tired a cliche

Every army has fuck ups in it user. Don't worry the true marines will join high council Duarte in time

Nope.

What's she do then? Does she take over Tycho after Fred dies?

>It didn't make much sense to me why Mao would try to get Mars and Earth into a war

That's easy. He's the George Soros of space.

>glassing cities from orbit. And I don't see what Mao stand to gain from an all out war

He gains by ruling over the ashes.

>OPA is its own brand of SPACE ISIS though,
isis is about religion
opa is at least understandable that they dont want to live on fucking tincans and asteroids in zero G and be slaves to mars and earth all the time

>they dont want to live on fucking tincans and asteroids in zero G and be slaves to mars and earth all the time
They do want that first part actually. Most belters can't go down a gravity well they got weak bones n shit and most of them don't want to anyhow.

id be belter
smoking dope with grills in those tite dirty corridors or on ganimede before the mirrors fell

>holden is a typical liberal numale
whats wrong with wanting to everyone to get along ? everyone wants that deep down somewhere
its a different issue that it is unachievable

So for all the bookfags out there how do you feel about the massive time jump?

For Mao to murder the Indian politician that knows his crimes. To sell Earth all the alien weapons and technology to destroy Mars. With the backing of the richest and most powerful man in the system, Errinwright not only stays out of prison, but would become the next Secretary General.

it makes him a really weak protag, its not convincing that everyone follows him

It was good. rip governor Singh I really enjoyed his chapters

Holden is a hypocrite. He'll bitch at Amos for shooting a guy in the head. Then Holden blows up spaceships full of people, including doctors, no problem.

he wanted to execute cortazar in his cell when he went down and found him missing
hes ready to kickass for what he thinks is right
but i agree that holden and naomi are the two worst cahracters in the series

He's deathly afraid of the protomolecule. This is a thing in the book he starts out poster boy good and becomes a bit more grey over time. His massive fear of the protomolecule spreading is the first thing that pushes him to start doing shit wouldn't normally.

he did that to minimalize the casulties
whats worse a few doctors getting btfo ?
or half the fleet of both mars and earth coming to the eros party to get anally probed by the protagens blue semen ?

Read title as Breast Expanse
>TFW your 4ch peepz talking in shorthand makes as much sense as twitter

I know. What makes Holden a hypocrite is virtue signaling against Amos, when Amos only has 1% of the body count that he has.

Best girl is Holden's blonde girlfriend that gets nuked in the first episode. The werewolf in Being Human.

this is the big issue, with the books as well. constant angst and agonizing about their love lives and their pasts, even people who have huge responsibilities and/or are in extremely intense situations. then they magically make the right decision in the end. annoying. The first serious misstep in the tv series was when they split up the crew halfway through season 2 because Naomi suddenly had to go save a couple hundred literally whos when the fucking protomolecule-mutant was on the loose. wtf girl Drummer in the new book is the worst about this, Saba this and Saba that, also can you really picture a degenerate like being de facto leader of humanity? (until big dick Laconia rolls in.) Speaking of which, that aspect of book 7 was cool, Singh was a retard but Duarte and the whole concept of a literal immortal God-King leading mankind against a looming, mysterious threat is an interesting one. Wonder if he'll win Old Holden over, or vice versa

They didn't? Aren't they twins?

So what do you think they'll do for the Book 7 time jump if the show manages to get to that point? Massive recasting?

Wait "Splash one" weapons officer girl?