SECRET EMPIRE #2 LETTERED PREVIEW

#2 and #3 are bleaker in tone, so Andrea Sorrentino (with Rod Reis) is assigned.

After HYDRA destroys Las Vegas from the air off-panel...

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/05/05/10-things-can-tell-reading-secret-empire-2-3-oh-uprising-1-spoilers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whoops

Hope Summers saves the day?

HYDRA Strange John Tyler Christopher Action Figure Variant

Andrea Sorrentino HYDRA Storm Variant

>Cap causes 9/11
Spencer is just trying his hardest to pull a House of M on Steve Rogers isn't he?

Does he not realize that nobody gives a shit about Sam Wilson and his BLM Schlick? And that even trying to make Steve into Hitler/Trump/Putin won't make people like Sam?

J. Scott Campbell Connecting Variant (top)

>Darkforce
>Either black or involved with someone that's black.
What the fuck, Spencer?!

Superior Octopus Dan Mora (colored by Edgar Delgado) HYDRAvenger Variant

FIN

Did Mockingbird get another outfit?

that's jean grey. there are phoenix symbols

I lteraly could not tell what was happening or who anyone was in #0. Trash art, man.

is it just me, or are normally good artists not putting forth their best effort for marvel these days?
i noticed this with McNiven's half-assed work on SE #1, and Dodson's dog shit Generation X cover too

why don't Cambell do interiors anymore

Rich Johnson spoiled some stuff from 2 and 3:
bleedingcool.com/2017/05/05/10-things-can-tell-reading-secret-empire-2-3-oh-uprising-1-spoilers/

Issue 2 ends with a twist challenging the reading public’s interpretation of the entire series. It all depends on your view over what’s going on. And there will be multiple interpretations. But that will be a matter for debate. It is also possible if that event had been seeded more strongly earlier in the Captain America run that there would be a lot less fuss right now. But that will be a matter for debate.
Issue 3 makes it slightly clearer, but hardly crystal. But there will still be debate.
The big division in Secret Empire #2 is between the surviving heroes those who want to go on a quest to reassemble the cosmic cube to change reality, pursued by Hydra who want to do the same – and those who want to kill Captain America. At least they don’t go to war with each other over it though.
Rocket Raccoon uses the name “Stevil” for Captain America.
Yes, they have Hydra Youth.
You should google for “Overton window” before reading issue 3.
And read this page of Dazzler #21 from 1992 before reading Secret Empire: Uprising #1… A little girl on sunlit lawn…
You won’t find out any more about what happened with Scarlet Witch, the Vision or Deadpool to make them Hydra Avengers. But the Free Comic Book Day issue might give you a hint.
Issue 3 ends with a familiar Marvel hero declaring themselves to be Hydra. No brainwashing, no fluoride in the water, but it makes a lot of sense.
The Freelancers are back.

I'm phoneposting, sorry if that fucks up

>Issue 3 ends with a familiar Marvel hero declaring themselves to be Hydra. No brainwashing, no fluoride in the water, but it makes a lot of sense.

Place bets?

It's Spider-Man.

>Strange is Hydra

What's her name?

Did Quicksilver, Hercules and Mockingbird die?

>Place bets?

Any white character, most likely male.

cyclops, he comes back from the dead then declares himself hydra

dat wonderman panel.... I have a marvel trading card that has him in pretty much that exact pose just flipped or at a diff angle

Shit, that makes sense in a shitty decision-making way.

America, just to drive the subtlety.

Peggy "Pignose" McGee

>>claire
she ruined iron fist now she is going to ruin this event... bravo marvel

>NN is back
>Claire
>not Christine
MCU BTFO HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER?!

Nigg Fury
or Abigail Brand
or Maria Hill
Just kidding, they' never do that.

I think you mean
>cyclops comes back from the dead then declares himself Hitler

Hill would be the safest bet. She's already cunt so siding with the bad/not really bad guys would make the most sense.

Brand's stuck in space in Adam Strange's stolen spacesuit

Miles, Kamala or any of the minority pet characters would be ideal, but Spencer doesn't have the balls.

It'll probably be Vision.

Yes, but it wouldn't fit with Marvel's Poochie politics.

it's just a variant cover, r-right?

My guess is that it's Magneto.

My guess is that Cap's going to call in Magneto to help him, probably with and eye towards the notion that Cap needs Magneto in his inner circle explicitly because they don't see eye to eye and because of that, Magneto will be far more honest with Cap/enable Cap to be less ruthless and keep the others on the Hydra Council in check.

As for the issue #2-3 twist, I'm going to go with the new Madam Hydra is the real villain/Cap is brainwashed by her via cosmic cube with Skull as her proxy henchman.

>Not-So Secret Diversity Empire

>Secret Empire
>been public since they took control

Hank Pym?

currently 'd

Probably Pymtron. Or maybe unworthy thor.
Steve killed the Red Skull and purged nazism from Hydra. Plus, he believes in the strength of superior men. He's got enough in common with magneto to forge an alliance.

I like Sam. I don't think he's a Bad Cap. He just has a bad writer on him. The character works tho.

My guess is that Madame Hydra is the one pulling the strings because she is in league with Cthlon (or whatever that creatures is that made the Darkhold) and they want to use the Cosmic Cube to bring more powerful Magic back into existence within the MU, now that Reed and his son are mostly done remaking 616.

I also hope that this whole thing ends with Reed and his son returning from their trip through the multiverse, find out what happened, and just go, "yeah, nah, fuck all that," remove the force field, warp down to Cap, and fix the brainwashing done by Kobik.

wasn't there an evil organization called Secret Empire already?

Yeah; they stole the name for the event, since Hydra is too radioactive for it to work given the backlash

(Secret Empire was the KKK/science wing of Hydra that replaced AIM when it got spun off into it's own group independent of Hydra; Richard Nixon was their leader. Their last major storyline was an aborted arc from Moon Knight where they Johnny Got His Gunned Moon Knight's sidekick Midnight and then rebuilt him into a cyborg, a storyline that ended up getting resolved in the pages of Spider-Man of all places)

I'm betting the surprise name that goes Hydra is Tony; they promised he'd be back in Secret Empire and given the shit storm that happened when Bendis revealed Miles would be the one to take down Steve, I can see Spencer having Tony be the one for the sake of fucking with Bendis and generally speaking, trying to build a bromance moment with Steve being saved by Tony from Natasha/Miles and Tony being the one who restores Steve to normal

They shoulda called them the surprise empire

>Captain Hydra bombs Vegas to kill the diversiteens
>lets them freely search for survivors because lol evil

Rich claims it's not

Yes, they were the 3rd string group running around in red robes.

hey is the order secret empire 0, NCBD, 1 ?

they've already had an agent as president

the only marvel character who could potentially out strategize Cap is dead... feels bad man

Superior Foes was cancelled, so Spencer turned Secret Empire from a bunch of goofs in robes into the one thing he knew would sell: a terrible event comic.

This is his revenge.

if nick spencer actually goes out his way to piss bendis off, i'll take back every bad thing i've ever said about him

JUST IN TIME FOR THEIR TV SHOW CLOAK AND DAGGER!

Thor is already on the HydrAvengers and Pymtron is the antagonist of #4 since he has the last shard of the Cube

Magneto joining Hydra would just reek of "SEE?! I told you Hydra aren't Nazis! They're so far from Nazis I made a Holocaust survivor join them! Totally un-Nazi like!" It would be "I have a black friend" in comic book narrative form

Same.

Strange?

>#2 and #3 are bleaker in tone

WHAT A SELLING POINT

Why isn't Wonder Man listed with the Underground?

You do realize that it makes perfect sense for Cloak and Dagger to be involved in a story about the DARKFORCE DIMENSION, right? They're probably gonna be everyone's ticket out of there.

>It would be "I have a black friend" in comic book narrative form

Made me think of this.

half of the stuff in the HydraCap storyline is basically that except replace racist with Nazi and black friend with some narrative contrivance to distance Hydra from the Nazis

Why no Daredevil? He's on the cover and he would be completely unaffected by the darkness.

why no Doctor Strange? Why no Spider-man?

where the fuck even IS Spider-man in all this?

Namor

Peter Parker is too busy fighting the Superior Octopus and his attacks on Parker Industries over in ASM's tie-in to the event.

Hydo-man who, after the reveal, renames himself Hydra-man.

>where the fuck even IS Spider-man in all this?
invading a sovereign nation to assassinate its shadow leader aka normal osborne

Spencer is such a twat.
I wonder if he want to be the new Byrne.

What do you mean by "new Byrne"?

Elsa Jean or something like that.

Sunspot
Blackwidow

Where is Doom, while we're at it.

Thank you for spotting the slight subtlety.

>implying McNiven didn't rush #1
>implying he has no chance drawing one of the August issues

More like trash editorial

He's as slow as Liefeld.

>implying it isn't a pasta

Obviously no. You forgot the cover to the one shot SECRET EMPIRE - UNDERGROUND.

Yes.

They recently reappeared in the first issue of U.S.Avengers and disowned their group name.

The upcoming Secret Empire tie-in issues will reveal if HYDRA has to do with that or not.

Just wait and see. These guys will be surprise final boss of the event.

Wasn't this spoiled in solicits? It's Deadpool.

Surely they haven't killed of Hercules? He's still in the Avenger title + He's nearly indestructible, and if Hawkeye can survive those Robot death lasers Hercules definitely should be able to.

+ If Hawkeye isn't furious about Mockingbird then Spencer is gonna lose a lot of good will.

Mind you, #1 was my favourite opening to an Event since Secret Wars

He's slow and most likely makes enough from covers and commissions to get by

>Danny's face
top fucking lele

he's not, it's probably intended to be some sort of propaganda tool that reimagines strange as a hydra loyalist

How many fucking covers like this has this guy done? Will he ever be able to go back drawing normal moving human figures?

Yes. FCBD is meant to be the attack on DC that's about to start at the end of issue 0 and they reference as being what allowed them to take over in issue 1.

Unfortunately, since it was only 8 pages and Sorrentino's art was fucking inscrutable, it's practically impossible to know what's going on.

black widows

how is it a secret empire if everyone knows about it?

did they change the artist inbetween issues?

they have like three artists working on this to avoid delays like CW2 and Secret Wars had

he isn't. madame hydra has him trapped in the dark dimension.

do you even fucking read the book you are bitching about

>You losers realize we're on a clock right?
>~smirk~

Spencer...I hate you.

those two things are not mutually exclusive

Captain America of all people knows the importance of good PR, how would the extra-clever Captain Keikaku allow this?

Hydra is capable of targeted strikes, but don't, and then when the heroes they're targeting show up, they ignore them?

That's the vast majority of characters.

>weak sissy men saved by STRONK WOMYN
yeah, we haven't had that one yet.