Ok

Ok.

Can I be FUCKING real for a second? This is NOT a character, she is a god damn plot device. She exists for no reason other than to be a symbol for Jack's struggle. All she's done is make the show crash and burn and the season would be better off without her. No, I don't hate women, I hate poorly written characters like this mother killer right here.

We've had this discussion so many times OP, it did nothing.

We get it, you hate Ashi.
Screw off, mate.

> can i whine about this again instead of reading the catalog

no you can fuck right off back to your incel hugbox and never come back to Sup Forums again

Is she their daughter?

Guys contrarians will never drop the subject until they are the only ones talking about it so they "win"

just ignore them and move on

if the last season had more episodes they could flesh out her character more. be glad for what we got.

Fuck off what we got wasn't good.

This is a series that features an episode called JACK AND THE FARTING DRAGON

Y'all expect Shakespeare?

you should try getting out of your basement once in a while

Actually curious
What do you define as the difference between a character and a plot device?

I don't know why anons got so mad with this scene. After the daughters of Aku jobbed to Jack, Ashi needed to proof all those years of training weren't for nothing. Besides, it's easier to kill an army when they're made of flesh compared to Jack fighting the army of mechanical bugs on the pilot movie and Ashi doesn't have a problem with killing living beings like Jack does.

>Still being this salty over Jashi 4 days after it's happened

And people say the Jashifags are the most annoying ones. Top kek.

A character has an arc. You know, like Ashi, where she started out as an assassin but became Jack's friend and lover.

how can a plot device have her own arc...?

On a scale of valid criticism to shit posting, which way does this post tend towards?

YESS..YEEEESS!!! GIVE ME ALL THAT SALT!!! PLEASE BE LITERALLY SHAKING.. YESS I WANT TO HEAR YOU GET TRIGGERED. POST LIKE THESE ARE MAKING ME LOVE SAMURAI JACK EVEN MORE. FUCKING Sup Forums FAGGOTS AND TUMBLRINAS HAVE RUINED A LOT OF THE CARTOONS I USED TO ENJOY. REDDIT SJWS AND HOMOS HAVE RUINED THE SHOWS AND VIDEOGAMES I USED TO LOVE. BUT NOT SAMURAI JACK. SAMURAI JACK BELONGS TO PEOPLE LIKE ME NOW. GODDAMN I LOVE THAT EPISODE. I LOVE ASHI. I LOVE GENNDY. I LOVE SAMURAI JACK. GO BACK TO RUBBING YOUR MOLDY CLITS TO STEVEN UNIVERSE YA FUCKING HOMOS.
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHHAA

>how can a plot device have her own arc...?
Aya?

The sword is a plot device. Also plot device doesn't mean something bad.
It just literally just mean any technique to move the plot forward.
same goes for Macguffin- you're not really saying anything when you accuse something of being one.

>can I be real for a second
>proceeds to list claims that are literally fake
You're allowed to think she's not the best written character(as long as you acknowledge that Jack is equally as poorly written as her), but to say she is not a character is a complete falsehood.

Ashifags are quickly devolving to be more obnoxious than Harleyfags and dare I say it, Scrapper. Ashi is a very bland character who is half-formed. Her relationship with Jack isn't believable or natural in the slightest, but then again waifufags wouldn't know what that looks like so can't really hold that against them. She could have been decent had she gotten more time, but she didn't.

The only reason I can't actually think of for genuinely liking Ashi is that you self-insert as Jack and waifu her. Not surprising. She was conceptualized as a waifu, written as a waifu, and is waifubait in pretty much every aspect for her execution. I mean come on. If you can't see that then there's really no hope for you.

>inb4 (you)
>inb5 muh loner empathy
>inb6 muh soggy knees
>inb7 salty virgin
Anything to deny the reality of the situation, right?

Hey, you know what we need?

ANOTHER thread dedicated to salt and whining about icky girls in Samurai Jack

Haven't had one of those in a looooooong time

Or

Maybe

You can stop trying to make Sup Forums your personal hugbox

Or

Better yet

You can realize that just because you dislike a character, doesn't mean they're a plot device?

Their week-long bitchfit has been frickin great. Hadn't seen so much anal pain since the elections

Have a (you), poor beggar

>he said, complaining about how Sup Forums is not his personal hugbox

Yes.

C-calm down, user.

It's okay, user. Denial is something everyone experiences at some point in their life.

I'll take my (you) back, sir. It is clear now that you are neither appreciating nor deserving of it. Please hand it over.

>no u

your outrage is petty and farcical, not worth taking seriously, probably not even expressed in good faith. come back when you have something interesting to say.

I am a homosexual and I too love Jack and Aashi being together. I think Gendy's doing a pretty badass job, too.

Seeing Aashi decimate an entire army and literally stick it to her mom was really empowering. Seeing Jack fall in love with someone is so cathartic as well, seeing him be alone for so long and then finding someone he can kick ass alongside without worry of her dying is great! Which means I fully expect there to be some terribly tragic event regarding Aashi near the end but still, yay romance, right user?

Samurai Jack is probably my favorite show on the air right now.

>I am a homosexual
Gay

You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands you son of a bitch.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

agreed. I think it would have been better if we didn't learn about her backstory. Maybe Jack can accept her because he didn't know the absolute devotion to his name that she's been forced into for all of her life.

>Harleyfags and dare I say it, Scrapper.

I thought Scrapper was a Harleyfag?

Very well. The decisions you make, and the actions that follow, are a reflection of who you really are

A character exists to tell a story? Well color me surprised.

What'd I miss?

He is, but he's more well known for being a delusional Azulafag.

she is a plot device though.
her main purpose is to add a parallel to jack and to literally put more conflict in his quest.
jack has 2 options: go back to the past and undo the evil aku has done (while mourning the death of ashi) or defeat aku in the future and settle with ashi (happily ever after except he never gets to see his family again)
there might be a 3rd option where he brings ashi to the past and she lives or whatever. genndy said the ending would be bittersweet.
if adult swim just gave genndy more episodes, the pacing wouldn't feel so rushed.
i personally feel like the romance between ashi and jack was rushed and doesn't suit either of their characters.
since genndy went in that direction though' jack is probably going to go back to the past, defeat aku, mourn ashi, and marry someone who looks similar to her.

How many more threads about this will you faggots make? We know you hate it

Samurai Jack always had short seasons. There's only 13 episodes in each

>A character has an arc

So Aku is a plot device. I bet you have no problem with Aku

Ashi has as much of an arc and development as Jack. Jack has a couple of episodes where he feels defeated or overwhelmed but they're resolved in the same episode and apart from that he's unchanged from the start of season 1 to the end of season 4

EVERYTHING is a plot device

>since genndy went in that direction though' jack is probably going to go back to the past, defeat aku, mourn ashi, and marry someone who looks similar to her.

Unless there is some time travel side effects involved. I can't see why Jack can't bring Ashi with him back to the past to be honest.

he inb4'd the (you)
go home

ashi's whole story of overcoming her trauma and her brainwashing is wrapped up in about 5 episodes.
she falls in love with the man she has been trained to kill/the first man in her life to actually give a shit about her despite the fact she doesn't really know what she wants in life AND the fact that she doesn't fully understand love.
offscreen development doesn't count.
genndy confirms the ending will be bittersweet and jack's whole journey has him struggling to go back to the past and undo the evil that is aku.
but sure, just avoid criticism.

I agree, but I don't see it as a problem like you do. Samurai Jack was never a show about direction and a season of jack alone would have made a much more interesting final season, but the fight scenes were expensive and they needed some sort of buffer in between that could keep their budget under a maximum while having an excuse of Jack finding happiness for himself. I get the feeling that she wasn't a last minute thought, but was an original part of the movie that was in the works for an extremely long time rewritten to keep the plot moving in some sort of way.

I don't think she was poorly written and her episodes should belong, but there should have been AT LEAST 15 episodes for the final fucking season or episodes that are longer than 22 fucking minutes. It also bothers me that only one episode was dedicated to past episodes in a pretty cheesy way instead of spreading it out a bit or just referencing some of the older stuff while giving some of the older characters their own episodes.

I'm not disappointed just yet and I still enjoyed many episodes, but I don't see how they can wrap this all up in a pleasant way with only 2 episodes left.

5 straight episodes of development is more than Jack ever got

funny it took 7 episodes for people to realize it's shit. I knew the moment 50 years was mentioned as I knew that meant a soft reboot that gets to ignore everything built up in the original series. Would have been better had the movie been made to finish the series or just have never touched it in the first place and let it rest in peace.

she is not a plot device she is just a badly written character

know the difference

>she's just a plot device!

I wonder what other bullshit reason Sup Forums is gonna make up to try & bitch about Ashi/SJ.

Christ give it a fucking rest.

(you)

but that episode was great, faggot

Rotten b8; would not bite again.

I honestly don't really get this argument that "Ashi was only written to be Jack's love interest" or that "She's just this damn plot device!".

Isn't that basically a given? It's not like Genndy spontaneously wrote 10 episodes. He had a plan, put Ashi in and made her a love interest. She is written to be Jack's love interest, but what's even wrong with that? That's writing, I genuinely don't understand the criticism and I'm not even a Jashi fan or whatever

Because in the span of ten episodes it was shit. She was introduced clunky and she ate up so much time a really poor story is being told. Jack could have just had a wife and child introduced after he beat aku. Adding romance was shit.

And then tons of people would've bitched about "Jack having a girl out of nowhere."

That's a different complaint though isn't it?
As for the time she ate up, it served a purpose in the end. If Jack regained his hope early and got his sword back, it'd feel like a bit of a waste that he moped around for 50 years to do it in 4 episodes.
Ashi's story is actually what turns Jack around, because he managed to bring hope to someone who was a servant of Aku her whole life and that in turn lifted him.

I don't think her introduction is clunky, the Sisters were fine though it could have been done better, sure. I don't particularly like how we only got hints of "Oh she likes nature" forced in and it still makes little sense to me, since someone who'd be indoctrinated like that would have such things beaten out of them. I'm also not a fan of the romance and thought the last episode was laughably bad, but I think as a character she's alright.

But back to the point, her being poorly written seems like a different thing to say to "She was only written to be a love interest". The latter honestly seems a bit foolish to say. It's like, of course she was, that's what Genndy plenned

>it's shit
>why?
>because it's shit
You know, all those essays you were writing in school were supposed to teach you argumenting by giving examples and analyzing them. Your post is literally worse than a grade schooler's homework on how he spent his vacation.

You probably will when it gets glitter added user, don't lie to yourself

Good job! You know what that means!

I'm proud of you.

50 YEARS

Dude you can't just use negative adjectives to form a point. There's no actual criticism there, just dressed up ways of saying "it's bad"

Ashi shouldn't even exist. Who's idea was it to to shoehorn a new protagonist in the final season when they barely have enough episodes to properly develop Jacks character and conclude his story. It's no coincidence that the pacing went to complete shit the moment she became a main character.

She was created to aid Aku in killing Jack. No Aku in the future, no Ashi.

Only way Ashi would not be erased is if the Gods fucked with the timeline to thank Jack. Otherwise if he is immortal, he could wait out time until he's back in a better version of the future where Ashi might be born and live a normal life.

>Fuck off
Stay mad fag. It has been pretty good. If you think otherwise you're literally retarded