Are the early seasons considered good/worth watching?

Are the early seasons considered good/worth watching?

Like all good shows, it spends a season or two finding out where it wants to go. Peaks around 5-10ish and then it's all down hill from there.

they're pretty comfy, kind of like old simpsons, might not be as funny though

I enjoy the earlier seasons more than anything recent. I actually prefer seasons 1 to 5

bump

Yes, in fact, they're the best seasons... you know, before they got all political and preachy.

early seasons are goofier and i will always have a fond memory of them

early seasons are basically like watching an entirely different tv show

This. Early season were comfy as hell and weren't centered around whatever the hot topic in the news was the week it came out and every episode wasn't some grand scale plot where the boys do some shit that 4th graders would never do or give a shit about. The earlier seasons are timeless, but I guess they did what they had to do to stay relevant, even at the cost of quality.

they've always been political and preachy you fucking inchworm

Second season has a lot of good lines that still get used today, less politics more silly fun. Like Charlie Manson Christmas and underpants gnomes.

when kenny stopped dying, the show died instead.
ripip

I don't know when, but at some point South Park started to do these amazing surreal plots and the show got really good then.

It's surprisingly fun and really comfy in a weird way up until season 12, after that the show starts having bad episodes more regularly. It's still worth watching each season except for the last three which are creeping towards zombie simpsons quality, I'd skip most of these.

1-5 are the best seasons

It is one of the longest running shows that hasn't become utter trash. Give it some more credit. It might not be great anymore, but it was peaking in season 10, no other cartoon has had that long a run of quality.

And at least it never changed and started taking side like every show today. It always made fun of EVERYTHING and still does. It isn't a liberal soapbox like everything else.

Every season 3-9 is fantastic. They always had the occasional ropey episode but they are gar outweighed by the gold. Seasons 6 & 8 are probably my favourites.

I revisited S19 last week and found it very watchable. The Boogers and Cum song was an unexpected highlight.

fpbp
seriously, this is all you need to know

Yeah, I used to watch this as a kid because it would be really edgy but now a days I can admire it even more. Anyone else notice Kyle doesn't get made fun of for being Jewish anymore by cartman? PC really taking a toll on the show.

Im on season 19 now having gone trough the entire show and it changed dramatically in season 18. Now everything is heavily into indentity/sjw politics and every episode is now connected for some reason. PC principal is a little too much...

Season 18 feels like a pretty hard crash in quality. Their new format + Trump really did a number on the show. It doesn't feel like the show will recover at this point to be honest.

I think that has less to do with PC culture and more to do with Matt and Trey wanting to try new things. Sort of like how Kenny stopped getting killed.

Seasons 1-9 are best. There are other good episodes after that but seasons become more dominated by mediocre ones. The film is also one of the best things they did and a fairly good entry point to the characters.