BLONDIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

BLONDIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why didn't angel eyes just shoot blondie as soon as he put that rock on the ground?

Because then the mexican would shoot him.

San Miguel Arcángel, defiéndenos en la batalla. Sé nuestro amparo contra la perversidad y las asechanzas del enemigo. Reprímelo Dios, Te pedimos humildemente, y tú Príncipe de la Milicia Celestial, arroja al infierno a Goblino y a otros muttos malignos, que andan por el mundo para la perdición de las almas. Amén

I should watch this again

Watching this for the first time I was really worried that Blondie would kill Tuco or let him die, these last moments were tense as fuck, even if they came right after the big duel. What a way to climax a film.

This. The last half hour is pretty much just they get to the graveyard, then duel over the gold and yet it's still tense as all fuck because of how much it's been built up the entire film.

Should I get the most recent bluray release (with the new transfers of the theatrical & extended versions) or are the differences minimal

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Few Dollars More > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Fistful of Dollars
GBU does tend to drag in some scenes, and Lee Van Cleef is much better used as the colonel than as Angel Eyes, who was a much less compelling villain than El Indio.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JPnR7C8mZQ

This ending still gives me goosebumps, when Monco comes in and basically saves Col. Mortimer from being killed in an unfair as fuck duel.

*nods laconically in your direction*

I didn't like Few Dollars More

overrated trilogy

Yeah where are the women and PoC?

Reminder that Leone not being able to cast Van Cleef, Wallach and Eastwood as the three gunmen waiting for Harmonica at the start of Once Upon a Time In The West is the single biggest missed kino opportunity of all time

You got what you wanted, now on to the next thread

Kino

>called blondie
>has brown hair

SERGIO LEONE IS AN HACK

GB&U>FoD>FDM

How does it feel to have objectively shit taste?

Not really. It would've been fucking idiotic and taken away from the point of the scene just so the audience could go "hurrr I know those actors!!" for a few minutes

I CLAPPED I CLAPPED WHEN I RECOGNIZED THE CHARACTERS

I can't really choose between FDM and GBU, I think they are both on the same overall level but their strengths are a bit different. Same thing with Once Upon A Time in the West. Speaks volumes of Leone when you make three consecutive westerns in your signature style and all of them manage to be equally amazing and different from each other.

>Should I get the most recent bluray release (with the new transfers of the theatrical & extended versions)

Absolutely, the old blu-ray had awful colors, a shitty attempt to remove grain, no option for the original mono mix audio, and no option for the original theatrical cut

Why don't you tell me, looks like you're the expert.

>this is your brain on Sup Forums

You've become brain-dead from browsing Sup Forums

Reminder that Eastwood declined the role of Harmonica before Leone offered it to Bronson. So shut the fuck up with your shit ideas.

Ahaha jokes on you I was just pretending to be Sup Forums

hahah I know. I was also pretending to be reddit! desu though, I hate niggers too. I was just testing you.

Angel Eyes was initially written for Fonda, hence the name due to his blue eyes, but Leone couldn't get him in the end.

I'll agree that Indio is a much better and menacing villain, the character and performance are criminally underrated in the Western genre. GBU worked without the constant threat of a single villain, with the Tuco and Blondie antagonising each other or the war itself serving as a general threat half of the time.

Wich one had the better ending climax:
>unforgiven
>for a few dollars more
>once upon a time in the west

Yes, that’s LITERALLY why he cast Henry Fonda as the villain, to subvert the audiences expectations of an actor usually cast as a hero

Hence why introducing three established bad asses and having them gunned down by Harmonica would have been a wonderful deconstruction of his previous films.

Get the fuck out of my face you absolute pleb

what's the good bad and ugly of our time

The Good The Bad and The Ugly

The good, the bad and the ugly.

yup, i remember tears welling up thinking he was that much of an evil cunt

Rian Johnson get off the internet.

Dollars for me. Once upon a time was a good finale and reveal, but the way the duel was set up felt a bit off-tempo, and the ending afterwards was similarly slightly awkward. Still great, just lesser in comparison to the concise FDM. Unforgiven is a whole other beast, can't make a proper 1-1 comparison.

hurr durr muh deconstruction hurrr pleb
Henry Fonda was cast because he's a fantastic actor who was wasted in only good guys roles. The point of the movie is not to subvert "audience expectations", the point of the movie is to be a good fucking western before anything else. It only subverts your expectations if you are a litteral brainlet who expects a Leone movie (in 1968 after the dolar trilogy was already a thing) to feel like a 40's western.
And it wouldn't have been a deconstruction so much as a fucking parody ; aside from getting the audience to laugh at the irony of the situation, it wouldn't have subverted any expectations.
Fucking deconstructionists plebs.

>Getting an actor to play against type is the same as getting 3 popular actors from the previous film to show up for the first 5 minutes of your movie just to kill them off as an idiotic cameo

Did you know Leone toyed with the idea of introducing Claudia Cardinale's character by showing an upskirt no panties cooter shot of her as she got off the train at the start? Again literally just so the audience was supposed to go "omg a character in a Leone film has a VAGINA!!" The guy made great films but he had some moronic ideas which thankfully never came to fruition.

Well said

Speaking of westerns,finally watched bone tomahawk and that really slow pace is refreshing in this day and age,good movie btw

>which thankfully never came to fruition
fuck you

Yeah REEEEEE at your phone all you want you fucking autist you're not going to convince anybody it was a good idea.

He's blond when compared to shitskins, I guess.

A thing that bothers me in westerns nowadays,is the fact that the actors look like models and dont look like tough guys that would kick your fucking ass in a bar fight like lee van cleef or the guy who played indio,at least bone tomehawk had kurt russel who legitimately looked like he belonged there

Spaghetti Westerns are all fucking trash. I've never been so bored having sat through The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Watch The Outlaw Josey Wales.

nobody needs to be convinced, an upskirt shot is always a good idea you flaming homo

If you knew anything about the film, you’d know it was designed to be a deconstruction as Leone had previously sworn off doing another Western.

The film is packed with homages and references to other films in the genre, and it’s done on purpose. To deny the moment would have been kino is plain wrong on every level

>upskirt shot
>a bad thing

fag confirmed

What is the point of the scene outside of establishing Harmonica as a dangerous threat?

How would gunning down Van Cleef, Eastwood and Wallach not establish this?

sounds dumb as shit