Supernatural, still on hiatus edition

Supernatural, still on hiatus edition.

It's Thursday, but no new ep until January 18. But I'm bored so yeah.

>Kino Tier
1-5, 11-13 (so far)
>Great tier
6, 10
>Good tier
>Decent tier
>Shit tier

Sam, Dean, Cas and waifu posting welcome. Roasties can keep their fagships to themselves.

been waiting for this thread for 2 days
my seasons rate

>kino
4-5, 11-13
>great
1-3, 6-7
>good
>shit
8-9

Also acceptable. I thought of putting 3-5 in kino and 1-2 in great but I remember kino scenes like 1.12's Faith when Don't Fear the Reaper starts playing. Goosebumps all the time. Kripke's entire era is just one long beautiful arc.

how the fuck did they manage to revitalize the fucking show? it's unbelievable

man the reapers have gotten a lot hotter

Honestly no clear idea how. I know Neilsen now tracks ratings through social media like tweeter, and SPN has the second most number of tweets during live airing from the CW network.

They pissed off a lot of tumblrinas when they killed their self insert lesbian but the show somehow attracted new viewers anyway. I also know a handful of oldtimers who stopped watching and then picked it up again recently.

I guess it has more to do with the niche it has? No other current nor recent monster-hunting show has touched Supernatural's peaks nor its longevity on air.

All I know is I'm happy they found their footing and rhythm back and I hopped in again on this ride when it happened.

I'm growing old with the Winchesters.

Am I the only one surprised they didn't kill off the mother,Lucifer and the Man of Letter at the end of last season? It pleantly goes againt this series M.O

I agree with all that but I think it has to do with creating antagonists that make sense in the supernatural universe. Now they've taken a page out Angel's book with the other worlds stuff.

who do you think the big bad is going to be this season? the empty?

I was. Especially with Ketch. I actually like this because arcs that extend for more than a season strengthens the series' overall narrative instead of ditching entire characters after the season finale. It reminds me of Kripke's era when the next season is a direct goal/result/consequence of what happened before as opposed to the jarring tangential arcs we got when they switched showrunners often.

Yeah. Before I properly watched s11-12 I was just waving away Lucifer's return as nothing more than desperation and nostalgia, while Mary's return as contrived.

However, actually watching the show, they did support the direction well with their writing. And I like how they continued to show parallels between siblings with Cain-Abel and Amara-God.

The multiverse is a gold mine and I need them to maximize it without punching to many plotholes.

As for the Big Bad, I thought it was a toss up among
>Jack going darkside
>Asmodeus + Shedim
>Luci / Alt Mike
>Entity in the Empty

Luci seems to be set up for a redemption arc, an user from last thread convinced me the Entity is better left alone. So honestly, I'll just let them surprise me.

Hitting the road in a bit

i stopped watching when God died on season 11. Like wtf can they introduce to surpass that?

Is it worth watching the next ones?

>I was. Especially with Ketch. I actually like this because arcs that extend for more than a season strengthens the series' overall narrative instead of ditching entire characters after the season finale. It reminds me of Kripke's era when the next season is a direct goal/result/consequence of what happened before as opposed to the jarring tangential arcs we got when they switched showrunners often.

yeah, me too. The fact that Lucifer got depowered maybe means that he won't disappear/will become the new Crowley, I hope Jack stics around, I'm liking that character. I'm also surprised to see season 6/7 be taken so highly in this thread, I thought they were shit. (especially the Leviatan part).For me is:
>Kino Tier
1-5, 11-13
>Great tier
9 (yeah I liked the Angel fall arc)
>Good tier
>shit tier
6/7 (6 especially is wasted opportunity: the series)

12 has amazing MOTWs:Celebrating the Life of Asa Fox, Lily Sunders Has Some Regrets, Memory Remains, Twigs & Twine & Tasha Banes are all great. Plus for a show about religion and rock music, I'm surprised it took them this long to explore celebrity worship as something the devil would use to stoke his ego and distract the masses.

13 mytharcs have good writing and direction so far. And yes, they managed to come up with something older than even Amara. I was just laughing and rolling with it at that point.

>And yes, they managed to come up with something older than even Amara.
It even make sense. if the Darkness is an actual character, why shouldn't be the same for the Nothingness?

Oh trust me, I'm not hating the Entity in the Empty. I was thrilled about its introduction.

S6 still has traces of Kripke era and tied all its subplot together beautifully. I wont deny there are duds like Dragons' true forms being shown in less than a second, but the idea of them actually being true expanded the lore and scope of the show. Eve and the alphas were amazing (although underused). Purgatory was fresh and something the show needed at that point while at the same time tying it to a core concept of the series: monster hunting. Leviathans could have had more potential ability-wise but they were among the most effective enemies the Winchesters ever faced. They burned down their homebase at the time, killed Bobby, had the boys on the run and even had Baby/Metallicar stowed away. Other creatures steered clear from them as well. Plus, the levis had some elements of Hobbes' the Leviathan.

S8 is decent--I love Abaddon's first appearances, the idea of Men of Letters and other ancient organizations resurfacing, but Sam running over a dog was just bad. So bad that Carver himself mocked this arc in S11. Angels falling was aesthetically beautiful, I'll give you that but steering the show back to heaven and hell was boring as fuck. Not to mention the tablet arcs that went nowhere.

S9 made me drop this show. Dean was a colossal fuck-up whiny bitch that ruined everything. The heaven and hell civil wars were done more tastefully by S6. They wrote a lot of stupid irreconcilable retcons (reapers are a gels LOL). Metatron became Memetron. MOTWs were weak. Often, I even forget to list Metatron among Big Bad rankings. It was just overall forgettable for me. I was watching S12 over the weekend and kept asking why can't Castiel zap the boys out of prison and was thinking if he was depowered again and it wasn't until Lily Sunders that I remembered about angels having their wings clipped. I hope they go mostly extinct like S13 is suggesting.

imo the worstseason was 11. No question. I don't even remember what it was about, just that I dropped it for like a year. was this the darkness season? can't remember if it was the Kevin season which was boring as fuck. But I'm glad the show is picking up steam

S11 is the Darkness season yes. But Kevin Tran was S7 (very briefly towards the last two eps), S8-S9.

>Now they've taken a page out Angel's book with the other worlds stuff
Buffy had Acathla's hell dimension, Glorificus' home dimension and the "dimensions will bleed into each other" if the Key opens the gate to other dimensions. This concept wasn't started by Angel. Although of course, they share the universe so.

it was immensely better managed and expanded in angel

What kind of mental ailment do you have to suffer to watch 13 seasons of some "villain of the episode" garbage show with terrible acting and shitty arcs?

Almost as retarded as watching 20 seasons of Grey's Anatomy or 15 seasons of Desperate Housewives

>comparing shows of different formats and genres
retard

Well this is by far the worst format and genre of all of them. By the way, Grey's Anatomy is the same format as this garbo

You mean the doctors are also hitting the road to hunt evil things and they face the big bad boss at the end of the season to stop an apocalypse? Okay, buddy

I miss Bobby

>11
>12
>13
>kino

yes, I'm glad you agree

I agree you are a faggot.

>projecting this hard

>SPNfags
>not fags
????

Yes, I won't deny that. I only meant that it was introduced in Buffy. Anyway, I don't want shitflinging between those two shows. They're two sides of the same coin.

>I'm growing old with the Winchesters
Damn, this one got me.
I've been following it weekly since season 5, I think.

I started late around S7 but always was interested way before that. Just never had the time. This show is such a nice constant in my chaotic life.

yeah but my point wasn't about alternative universes/ other worlds etcetera. god knows other shows did it first, so that wasn't the point. the point was SPRNTRL is doing it in a way that reminds me a lot of Angel. Hope they don't fuck it up because there are loads of possibilities.

Best waifus coming through

>forgetting Ruby and Bela
But it's okay you have excellent taste, Amyposter

If wayward sisters exploits it well they have unlimited potential.
At least Claire and the dream walker girl can deliver it well, dunno about the medium one.

Saw Ruby on some non-flatrering pictures t b h ... And I made a legit mistake in forgetting Bela, but I've been lazy and haven't fixed it.

Supernatural is one of the classic "They're still making that?" shows.

S1 >

This. I hope Claire carries the show.

Blowjob poster is based. Wonder if he will post it here

S1 isn't even better than S2

>This. I hope Claire carries the show.
the hell are you talking about. The show now needs to be carried by both leads more than ever. Plus castiel

We are talking about the spinoff.

Sam and Dean are carrying the main show perfectly fine. Ratings as of midseason finale went up. We meant the spinoff.

Claire >>>>>>> Kaia>=Alex >>> Patience

oh there's a spinoff? what is it about? is it another shit like Supernatural - Tribes?

It's gonna be sherrif Mills training girls orphaned by monsters. Probably focus on Jody and Claire.

Nope. The showrunners are aware of their screwups the last time. Wayward Sisters' characters have been recurring and well established for several seasons now to make them a more natural extension
>Jody Milf
9 seasons in
>Donna Hanscum
3-4 seasons i think
>Claire
9 seasons in
>Alex
3-4 seasons in
Only two have been introduced in the current season so far and Kaia the dreamwalker debuted with a really strong episode and interesting powers. Patience is Missouri's granddaughter (psychic from season 1.09 Home with the poltergeist)

Basically from the looks of it, it will play out like Buffy and all the other slayers working together within the universe of Supernatural

ohh, looks great, let's see if they can make it sjw-free

>Spinoff
>No love for this other new qt.

>A show after 2010
>SJW free

I stopped watching somewhere around season 9-10, has it really gotten that great again?

>a show led by three white males
>in the age of SJW
>gaining ratings 13 seasons in
You never know user

I want to agree... I really do...
But this happened.
All, all that tumblr gay shipping is beyond acceptable cringe
But then again... there are almost no women on it, so none can be stronk womyn... This however, isn't a good thing either.

IT COMES DOwn to target audience

she's easy on the eyes but the way they reset Dean and Jody experience-wise to make her character important in her debut was a bit contrived. Dean should not be skewered just like that by a normie Wraith. Also I just prefer Claire more

For me, yes. I legit dropped this by S9 but I really found the latter seasons stronger

that's 5 seasons ago, user. Charlie has been dead for 2 seasons now and counting

>Charlie has been dead for 2 seasons now and counting
And it was a low... Wasn't that the season with the fanfic episode where the gay dudes cosplayed as Sam and Dean too?
Most cringey stuff ever on the show, right there. Hope that shit stays dead, buried, salted and burnt.
>Tfw instead of bringing Andrea or Anna back, they bring Charlie
Just end me if that ever happens.

the show has had some great fem characters. the red head angel. the hot reaper from season 3 I think. The demon who's first blonde then brunette and I'm probably missing someone else. and of course Rowena

S10, yes. the 200th episode. I hated that shit, too but what can we do. I also wish S9 didn't exist but whatever. I'm on this ride heaven and hell.

>the season with the fanfic episode where the gay dudes cosplayed as Sam and Dean
That was season 5, Charlie didn't appear till 7.
Ep 200 was hilarious, shut your trap.

>Ep 200 was hilarious
Some parts were. The rest are contrived tumblr pandering

>IT COMES DOwn to target audience
which is why Sup Forums needs to start making its presence known to the writers that even if we aren't outnumbering tumblrinas, the show still has a noticeable/significant audience that would rather the boys have waifus and that we enjoy action and lore more than shipping shit

Not to mention tweeting with #Supernatural during live airing helps the ratings of this show.

What's up bros? Have you accepted Nick Burkhardt as the superior monster hunter alpha chad yet?

>noticeable/significant audience that would rather the boys have waifus
>Noticeable
Yeah, no. Even the actors acknowledged the characters are gonna end up alone because the fans don't tolerate waifus.

you realize this is the exact same attitude why they will no longer introduce female characters that aren't
>daughter-types
>maternal types
>lesbians
right?

Yes, what I mean is that fans that want waifus are a minority, and showrunners know it, so they won't bring waifus to the show, no matter how much you cry on twitter.

>no Team Grimm / Team Freewill epic battle crossover
wasted potential

way to defeat the idea before trying user. Dean would not be proud

>defeat the idea before trying
This idea has been tried before and it failed over and over, the showrunners got it and stopped trying to change it.
Know your audience.

you know what they say

Actually, what were the endgames that got axed?
Anna, Lisa, someone else? Jo?

Yeah, screw you. It's not the majority of the fanbase.
Tumblrinas will always be louder, that doesnt mean they are smarter or more
Experience has shown me that dumb fucks always cry harder than decent folk, besides, anons who are bros or sisters and not tumblr are not usually the "community" types but more the "watch and enjoy some comfy show" types. And what we see here... is Sup Forums ffs, this site was the worst reputation even if sometimes there are good things here too.

Bela
>different accent
>thief
>fucks over the boys
>OMG die betch!!1!

Balthazar
>different accent
>thief
>fucks over the boys
>OMG WE LOVE YOU BALTHY!!1!

i cant believe i hated Rowena in the past

>It's not the majority
Only it is.
They are the ones putting the money on the show, the show banks on them. It's only normal showrunners don't want to upset them too much.

Winchesters won't ever die. I doubt Nick at his peak could ever go toe to toe with Castiel. What can "Team Grimm" even do

This this this. I miss based Bela, too bad she's ruined her career in the Walking Fail and has aged like soy boy milk near a heater.

I want her back now.

I meant real endgames, like Lisa, who was going to be with Dean after Sam went to hell.
Or Anna who was going to be his guardian angel until Castiel robbed that spot.
Bela was going to die anyways, as Balthazar did.

That Han Solo dude reminds me of young John

When will TWD die so JDM and Lauren can come back to Supernatural? JDM STILL wants to come back.

in a few episodes, user

Fucking this i thought i was the only one. I really thought that was Matt Cohen.

>When will TWD die so JDM and Lauren can come back to Supernatural? JDM STILL wants to come back.
And we want him back! We want him back now, come home JDM, come home.

I stopped watching at season 10, is 11-13 really worth watching?

12 and 13 are great, 11 is not so good.

11-13 have better MOTWs and better mytharcs. 11.04 Baby alone blows a lot of older episodes out of the water. Pure kino.

>Bela was going to die anyways, as Balthazar did.
Come back as a Demon or from that new parallel universe.

11's arch ends really well (IM0). haven't got to 12 yet.

Bela could have come back as a demon but writers' strike and fangirl reception dropped all that. Anna was a total waste. She was supposed to be the Ruby to Dean's Sam. I mean I like Castiel but it would have been nice to have Anna for a bit longer. She did not even have to be there all the time. In 4.20 The Rapture, Anna's role was an occasional guidance in case Castiel gets compromised.

I really hope so. It would be a nice way to come full circle with JDM in the last few seasons.

This was a pretty good ensemble

gonna give it a watch

I didn't like the ginger Angel woman, she was a bit "dramatic"? Bobby should come back but iirc the actor has had problems with his daughter being very sick.

They are also missing 2 princes of hell and a couple of other arch angels that could be introduced, they've focused too much on Lucifer, Michael, Gabriel etc. Bring others into play, the time is now.

Also they could do a story where the angels manage to traverse the parallel universes and boost the ranks of angel kind by bringing angels in from other worlds, with some kind of plot there where they try to raise hell or some stuff, idk.

Hope you enjoy it. The show really found its footing back around these latter seasons.

I wish they'd bring Anna back

I don't understand why they kill off this actress in most shows I see her in. Same happened in stargate universe. He ended up becoming the ship's soul or something like that.

x

Genevieve Cortez is really unattractive. Sorry but she is.

Um yes sweetie? x

Bobby already confirmed via twitter his Apocalypse world version is coming back. Also it's his neice, and not his daughter

>They are also missing 2 princes of hell
Only 4 in Supernatural
>Azazel
died in S2
>Ramiel
>Dagon
died in S12
>Asmodeus
alive and active, current King of Hell

>a couple of other arch angels that could be introduced
Gamble tried that. She set up Metatron as an archangel in S7 ending but Carver retconned that as a "misconception" and changed Metatron into a scribe.

>Also they could do a story where the angels manage to traverse the parallel universes and boost the ranks of angel kind by bringing angels in from other worlds, with some kind of plot there where they try to raise hell or some stuff, idk.
Angels are tired. Let them die out as suggested by S13. Keep the few remaining relevant characters. Keep Jack to let multiverses open and introduce new species, new worlds, new powerful beings to keep this series fresh and interesting.

>alternate universe Anna that hasn't been ruined by shitty writing
yes please