What were your favourite movies in 2017?

what were your favourite movies in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/originalname3/list/2017-ranked/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i had a good time watching brawl and bright, idc what people say

Literally haven't seen any of those.

How patrician am I?

Most anons here enjoyed both of them

looking back it was a decent year kino runner was well kino, dunkirk lived up the height and shot caller was entertaing, brawl in cell block 99 was a good junk food movie that you can switch your brain off and enjoy.

Is blade of the immortal or atmoic blonde decent? I couldn't watch more than 10 minutes of bright

I thought Atomic Blonde was pretty similar to John Wick, and I don't care for either.

The only 2017 movie I've particularly liked so far is The Disaster Artist.

Baby Driver was alright.

1. mother!
2. The Florida Project
3. Bladerunner 2049
4. Killing Of A Sacred Deer
5. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
6. Atomic Blonde/ John Wick 2
7. Dunkirk
8. It Comes At Night
9. Get Out
10. Nathan For You: Finding Frances

Spotted the numale.

>Watching A24 productions and arthouse movies is effeminate
Spotted the pleb too afraid to post his own list

1. Twin Peaks
2. Blade Runner 2049

yeah no

My Life as a Courgette
Lady Bird
Blade Runner
Your Name
mother!

letterboxd.com/originalname3/list/2017-ranked/

Why were there so few good movies this year? Outside of lady bird, it comes at night, TBOEM, killing of a sacred deer, and the florida project, everything has only been a flick, a movie to have fun with but nothing more.

>1. Twin Peaks
its not a film, u dumb bimbo

oh, and good time was great too.

Only decent taste in this thread

Happy End
A Skin So Soft
Thelma
Samui Song
Caniba
You Were Never Really Here
Good Time
The Third Murder
L'Amant Double
First Reformed

There were tons of great films on the international circuit

>My Life as a Courgette
please spell the whole title in english

Song to Song - Malick
The Killing of a Sacred Deer - not the best of what Lanthimos can offer but still good.
Brawl in Cell Block 99 - good old ULTRAVIOLENCE
The Beguiled - the most stylish movie of the year
Alien: Covenant - fuck you, I liked it. Ridley is out guy
John Wick: Chapter Two - a bit weaker than the first one and gets kinda tiresome near the end but still is the best action movie of the year
Good Time - it's like Crank but actually good

Just watched Atomic Blonde it was pretty good when it wasn't trying to be a music video. Pic related is movie of the year though

Because movie makers are lazy hacks who only care about money. TLJ was a good representation of Hollywood 2017. I’m not sure about small/international movies cause I don’t keep up with them but I’m guessing there weren’t many great ones either. Correct me if I’m wrong on that front

I Love You Daddy
Twin Peaks
Get Out
mother!
Blade Runner 2049

>it's like Crank but actually good

Crank is better than any movie on your list, and Crank 2 is even better than that.

Darkest Hour, Blade Runner 2049 and Killing of a Sacred Deer.

isn't atomic blonde just another dumb action flick with a female lead?

Wrong thread spergy, mentioning genre blockbusters in a thread reviewing a year of film is like bringing up YA novels in a thread discussing a year's book releases. Any trite observations are pointless and make the erroneous assumption that those pieces had an artistic or otherwise nuanced motivation other than money.

from the trailer it looks so much like anti-russian propaganda that its almost comical

If you left Sup Forums for a bit and actually watched the movies you discussed it would change your world.

I've not seen a single movie from this year I think. What should I start with?

My favorites would be John Wick 2, Good Time, Logan Lucky, It Comes At Night and Baby Driver from what I've seen thus far. Planning on watching The Bird and Killing, also a couple of other ones I've missed.

What movies do you like?

>mother! as #1
It was a decent film but definitely not Arronofsky's best neither the best of the year. The religious criticism had "reddit" written all over it.

Although not a film the highlights of the year for me was Twin Peaks:-The Return. Blade Runner 2049 and The Last Jedi.

Alien Covenant and Kong Skull Island were more disappointing than I thought they would be.

>decent
It was bad at the very least. Pretentious, JLaw can't act for shit, not rather thrilling and relied on cheap shock factor, also lacking subtlety.

I only watched 3 movies this year, Bladerunner 2049, Star Wars, and disaster artist. The disaster artist and Bladerunner were 2 of the best movies I have ever seen

Aronofsky, Wright, Wachowskis, Refn etc. More fun stuff as well like, umm. High-pace and well made blockbusters.

Watch Baby Driver, Logan Lucky and Good Time, also BR2049.

They ham it up a little bit with the focus on Putin but its still really good. I went into the movie only thinking that a guy was just going to get steriods and prove he won't get caught but it switches up big time

>I only watched 3 movies this year

These are the people you share this Film board with.

I really liked Blade Runner but besides that, everything was shit

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy 2 when I saw it but when I watched it again I was so bored

Missed a lot this year unfortunately, but my top ten would be:

The Handmaiden
The Love Witch
Spaceship
Hounds of Love
My Life as a Courgette
Dunkirk
Tag
Baby Driver
IT
It Comes at Night

Stay mad homie

It was moreso criticism of humanity. The Bible was used the same way Finnegans Wake uses the ballad of finnegan- as a referential story around which to structure the entirety of human history. It was more than just biblical allegory, environmental propaganda, and the creative process, but that's all anyone here ever brings up.
Scorcese really digs the film, and criticized those who "seemed to want to define the film, box it in, find it wanting and condemn it. It was so tactile, so beautifully staged and acted—the subjective camera and the POV reverse angles, always in motion . . . the sound design, which comes at the viewer from around corners and leads you deeper and deeper into the nightmare.Only a true, passionate filmmaker could have made this picture, which I’m still experiencing weeks after I saw it."

Yes

To be fair there was only like 5 movies released this year that were worth watching.

Justice League.

Not even joking. It was a seriously shitty year

I liked shotcaller

Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 and Blade Runner 2049 were my favourites.

The Disaster Artist
American Made
Blade Runner 2049
Kong Skull Island (I'm a sucker for monster movies)
The Great Wall (Same thing)
Wonder Wheel
Dunkirk
Split
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
Dunkirk
Three Billboards
The Lost City Of Z

Shit, I put Dunkirk twice. Like every other movie that came out this year sucked. (However, I have yet to see Darkest Hour, Phantom Thread, The Shape Of Water, A Ghost Story, and Wind River)

This was a great year for film. Stop being plebs who only watch Hollywood schlock

Wind River
Good Time
Florida Project
Blade Runner 2049
The Beguiled
All the Money in the World
Brigsby Bear
Lady Bird
Okja
It Comes at Night

Though none of them were really outstanding, this has been one of the worst years for film in a long time.

Best:
1. Ghost Hunting
2. The Woman Who Left
3. El mar la mar
4. Quality Time
5. On the Beach at Night Alone
6. Dark Night
7. Rey
8. Sleep Has Her House
9. Voyage of Time (Blanchett version)
10. Good Time

Worst(no order):
Get Out, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Logan, The Big Sick, Okja, Don't Kill It
Columbus, Beauty and The Beast, Atomic Blonde, Kuso, Power Rangers, The Bad Batch, Bushwick

Finding Francis

1. "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk" (dir. Ang Lee).
2. "On the Beach at Night Alone" (dir. Sang-soo Hong).
3. "Song to Song" (dir. Terrence Malick).
4. "Night Is Short, Walk on Girl" (dir. Masaaki Yuasa).
5. "Brawl in Cell Block 99" (dir. S. Craig Zahler).
6. "Dark Night" (dir. Tim Sutton).
7. "A Dark Song" (dir. Liam Gavin).
8. "i hate myself :)" (dir. Joanna Arnow)
9. "Super Dark Times" (dir. Kevin Phillips).
10. "The Darkest Universe" (dir. Tom Kingsley & Will Sharpe).

Honorable mentions (in alphabetical order):

"Arrhythmia" (dir. Boris Khlebnikov)
"Brad's Status" (dir. Mike White)
"Bright" (dir. David Ayer)
"California Dreams" (dir. Mike Ott)
"The Death of Louis XIV" (dir. Albert Serra)
"Good Time" (dir. Josh & Benny Safdie)
"I Love You, Daddy" (dir. Louis C. K.)
"The Killing of a Sacred Deer" (dir. Yorgos Lanthimos)
"King of the Hill" (dir. Andrei Kutsila)
"Kuso" (dir. Steve)
"Lady Bird" (dir. Greta Gerwig)
"Lemon" (dir. Janicza Bravo)
"Lovesong" (dir. So-yong Kim)
"The Love Witch" (dir. Anna Biller)
"Loveless" (dir. Andrey Zvyagintsev)
"The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)" (dir. Noah Baumbach)
"Okja" (dir. Joon-ho Bong)
"The President" (dir. Mohsen Makhmalbaf)
"Satan Said Dance" (dir. Katarzyna Roslaniec)
"Scarred Hearts" (dir. Radu Jude)
"Shin Godzilla" (dir. Hideaki Anno)
"Win It All" (dir. Joe Swanberg)

Darkest Hour was the only good movie released this year.

The only film I really liked this year was Blade Runner
The rest were just alright or meh

I loved:

BR 2049
Loving Vincent
Disaster Artist

Oh and I saw Coco and thought it was great

You must be exhausted from trying so hard.

>Get Out, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Logan, The Big Sick, Okja, Don't Kill It
>Columbus, Beauty and The Beast, Atomic Blonde, Kuso, Power Rangers, The Bad Batch, Bushwick
"Okja" and "Kuso" don't deserve to be on this list, otherwise I agree, especially re: "Columbus", "The Big Sick", and "Logan".