I recently completed volume 1 of this, and it was completely underwhelming compared to the praise it constantly gets...

I recently completed volume 1 of this, and it was completely underwhelming compared to the praise it constantly gets. I gave it a chance because of the praise, despite always finding Tomasi to be a mediocre writer. The story got shit once Eradicator showed up and a plot was completely non existence. Is there an appeal to this outside "My Superman is back" and the badly written wholesome panels it is filled with to cover up the lack of a proper plot? If this is known as the best Rebirth book, are other rebirth books worth reading?

*non existent

Sometimes we just want to sit down and jerk off to some good wholesome family feels, is that a crime?

>listening to the rebirth shills
>expecting high quality from a writer you already know is mediocre and can only do overly melodramatic shit
>knowing why people like it yet still expecting there to be more to it
Ya did it with yer own hand.

Snyder...

Red Hood and the Outlaws is pretty good, considering it's writer.

The First Superman arc with the eradicator is the weakest part but it goes uphill from there. The island arc is really sweet and a good homage, if you dont like it I can only say I guess you have different taste and Superman might not be up your alley

Just ignore rebirth. It's catered towards Mcu crowd and reddit.

Nice try Bendis.

8/10 well crafted troll

2 0 1 7

The eradicator arc is the worst part by far. It gets better from there on.

I enjoyed the eradicator storyline, but I thought it got way better after that. For the first storyline of each rebirth book, DC still clung to the notion that every arc has to be at least 6 issues. After that they finally gave up on that shit and let smaller stories be told, which is mostly what Superman does now.

>knowing why people like it yet still expecting there to be more to it
His biggest sin.

It gets praised but it's just a shittier version of the time lois and clark were taking care of chris before that became retarded. There are way better rebirth books.

You should read the New Super-Man next! It's just as over-hyped despite being nothing more than a ok read as well.

>all these salty marvel interns buttmad that a regular Supes book is giving a Marvel event a run for his money
topo keku

They were told if Captain Marvel starts selling well they'll finally get a second drinking fountain in the office.

It's not bait if it's true. Rebirth is as safe, bland and mediocre as MCU.

Go back to your cage, Spencer. And quit being a baby over people liking Rebirth more than your shitty Nazi fanfic.

>This is your average rebirthfag.

It's a cozy family book with a lot of focus on father and son relationship.

Nah, they were just promised a free copy of SE#2. Marvels got warehouses of them waiting to ship.

it is also pretty long going

>Obvious Marvelfag is obvious

but I'm not a edgefag

Maybe Superdouche relates more to you

>Rebirthfag doesn't have any ability to form a proper coherent criticism.
Not surprised at all.

>Tomasi to be a mediocre writer

Really sorry you didn't enjoy it, OP. That's your opinion, and you are absolutely entitled to it.
To answer your question, The appeal for me, particularly within that arc was a lot of what you see here.
>Post-Crisis Superman that at that point had been hiding from the public eye since the beginning of the New 52, appearing publicly in red and blue again
>Papa Supes passing on to Jon the kind of fathering that Pa Kent gave him
>Jon slowly coming into his own and working alongside his father
>Lab Krypto coming back and kicking butt to boot
>MUH SUPERMAN
Honestly, Lois had a few moments in the first arc, but she really grows and shines more as the series progresses.
You say yourself that you don't like Tomasi. Personally, I think he writes father/son dynamics better than anyone else, and unlike BaR where that father and son are so often contentious with one another, in the case of Clark and Jon, they get to be a good old fashioned father who unabashedly loves his son and wants to do everything he can to help raise him into the best man he can be, as well as a son who unabashedly loves his father, thinks he is awesome, and wants to do everything he can to grow up to be just like him. I don't think Anyone is saying that Superman is the most nuanced book with the most complex writing, but it best epitomizes Rebirth as a great big hug under a thick warm blanket after years of pain that New 52 produced for DC publishing as well as those of us reading it. What would you say you felt was missing that you wish there was more of? Perhaps we can help point you in the direction of a book that caters more to your interests and preferences?

He's lost a lot of his edginess, especially now that he's a dad.

Marvel numales can't relate

The characters might be on the edgier end of the spectrum, but they are written well, and there is a surprising amount of heart underneath it. Personally I never wanted to read Lobdell ever again, but check out the Rebirth issue because I wanted to give each Rebirth book a chance, and was shocked at how good that was, as well as how good the book has remained.

>After that they finally gave up on that shit and let smaller stories be told
DAT
FAIR
ISSUE

Is that what it is, or is that your boss, Nick? Didn't you get the memo that Marvel is already vowing to go back to safe, bland and mediocre as soon as you finish your alt-right fan fiction which they've already spoiled the ending to.

Which issue is this? I just started the series

Looks like 7. It's just a one shot, but holy crap did we love it when it was storytimed.

>dat mommy Lois

Ok thanks user

Sup Forums likes Tomasi now?

How to tell if someone has shit taste? Read what OP just wrote.

I'm not Sup Forums but I have posted her for years and I, like most people that read comics, loved his GLC.

it's not known as the best Rebirth book, that's either Deathstroke or New Super-man

Gotta love Sup Forums OP doesn't like something, don't instantly call him a fag but explain why they liked it like: We have the best posters here don't we folks?

fuck off

The truth is that it's not very good and it's just rehashing stuff that was done preFP with Chris. You'd be better off reading Johns and Busiek's stuff than Tomasi trash.

Kill yourself, faggot.

Wasn't this supersons? When damian drove a bus full of kids and fucks the bullies up with a roof full of snow?

This. I have been really enjoying it and it is legit good.

Super sons is pretty gud

You can always read "America".

You started a shit flinging session with not only no coherent criticism, no criticism at all. Just a shit post.

You have nothing to stand on faggot.

Thanks for the love user. Personally I sort of miss the days there were more anons that'd respond like how I did. I hate to be *that* guy, but since the emergence of the MCU, and the DCEU rivalry with it, the overall quality of Sup Forums commenting has really declined. I still do my best to keep with the old ways though.

Didn't check ahead to confirm the Damian part, but yes. That page was from the first issue of Super Sons.

If you don't like Superman at the moment, that's fine. But not understanding why people do kinda means you're what's wrong with comics.

You may not want a wholesome family-centric book about white people. but many do.

Saying it's "badly written" or "lacks a plot" with no specifics kinda just shows you didn't like it. Not that either of those criticisms are true.

That shit has been a treat. The boys even came to RI. If only they knocked Gina out...

I do agree that the MCU lowered the quality of this board.

I was curious where Lab Krypto came from. I didn't know Superman had him with him when he bailed from his home universe.

If Superman is a big hug under a warm blanket, then Supersons is an extra cookie snuck out of the cookie jar while Mom is looking the other direction.

They never really explained him coming with Superman from the old universe of not as I recall. One day Krypto was a husky for Superbro, then the next Krypto was back to being a lab for Superdad. If the takeaway from Reborn is that Superdad and bro were always the same person, then until otherwise cleared up, husky and lab Krypto were always the same doggo as well.

As a fan of Tomasi's run, there are some series complaints. But you are right that complaints of "no plot" or "badly written" aren't one of them. Especially since if you want a example of a actual badly written book and no plot book is America Chavez.

My complaints with the Superman so far is that they are constantly trying to explain things that don't really need to be explained or that I don't really care about. Like trying to remove convergence, you didn't really need a event for explaining that. It's trying to hard to justify itself and that takes me away from the story that is being told. All that can be very annoying especially if your just a new fan jumping in and you don't really give a shit about continuity.

NP, I agree with you on the DCEU/MCU rivalry. It sucks, I also think it's due with a lot of contrarians over from Sup Forums and a bunch of trolls.

This.

It also had that god-tier /ss/ variant art

GOOOOOOOOOO how didn't I see that!?? I've been copping the Nguyen covers as well as the vanilla ones.

This is fucking perfect though.

The perfection I just posted doesn't really exist. It's either Selina, Ivy or the two of them with Joker. Some based user fixed it.

>tfw that situation will never happen ever in SuperSons

Kirkham's covers were store exclusives for #1

NOOOOOOO muh dick. It was diamonds. Now it putty. And not even the silly kind.

TheBaneofBane and Ivy as hot teachers is a fetish I never knew I had.

It would seriously make for an entertaining issue as Jon has never dealt with many rogues beyond the robotic or cosmic shit.

Seeing some femme fatale would kickstart his superpuberty and Clark and Bruce would have to sit him down and give him the "In this business, there are some girls who do evil in revealing costumes" talk

Who gets who, lads? Or do both gals take a turn with both boys?
Personally I see half of it going something like this.

I'm imagining Jon gets all hot and bothered and just starts grabbing ass and titties after damian ties them up like "who gone stop me HAHH".

Superman and batman show up and remind the kids that groping, even groping criminals, is not okay. And then they eat pie while batman scowls and dreams of lois' booty on his face.

>that picture

But seriously, both girls get a turn and they double-team Jon to ensure his corruption

>Jon coppin' feels

Maybe if Ivy was using her mind control stuff on top of his raging hybrid hormones

Christ, at least when I have an opinion that's garbage I have a trip so you can block me. You're not even giving me that option. Gross.

>Seeing some femme fatale would kickstart his superpuberty and Clark and Bruce would have to sit him down and give him the "In this business, there are some girls who do evil in revealing costumes" talk

>Implying Damian doesn't have Jon rapped up around his finger already

Damian only has a boner for justice and Jon has a healthy love for titties and butts. Maybe legs and feet if his line of vision in is anything to go by

Updated: Because I thought I could do better.

And you did, good job user. This is prime "things you don't remember why you saved" material

Glad you like it, user. I sure as hell didn't do it for me.

>reading shit just because someone tells you to

Holy shit you're existence is sad as fuck. The story's fine you just let people influence your own tastes which gives you unrealistic expectations and that never ends well

Whoever said this was the best Rebirth book lied to you. The best Rebirth books are Deathstroke, Green Lanterns, New Super-Man, and Red Hood and the Outsiders.

>Red Hood and the Outsiders.
It's so good you can't even remember the title of the book

>he doesn't into The Adventures of Red Him and Pup Pup