This scene in Wonder Woman

Wondy thread I guess...How can you justify it? It's bugged me from the 1st trailer that nobody in the room can see the damn sword on her back?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_i4XvgEVDg
youtube.com/watch?v=vwuQPfvSSlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ass sheath
muh dik

Weapons generally are carried in mallet space in almost all of fiction, yes.

so uh
that drawing is way thicker than Gal Gadot is

>implying Gadot has any ass

How do you think certain people can pull a RPG out of nowhere?

Gal gadot wishes she had that ass

I want my sword between those ass cheeks, if you guys know what I'm saying

>draw sword
>slice your ass off
I knew amazons sliced a boob off, didn't know they cut their ass off too.

>gadot
>ass
The sword is laid on a perfectly flat board

The hilt of the sword is resting on the dress.

Also is this really worth complaining about? I got a funny feeling that there's gonna be bigger fish to fry when the movie comes out. Terrible editing and pacing has been par for the course with the DCEU so far.

The back of the dress is holding it, like a hammock. Also that artist drew the sword too long, it seems like it should be 2/3rds that length maybe.

Well it's Frank Cho

it's not a very sharp sword

gal gadot has barely an ass
see 0:29 for reference
youtube.com/watch?v=J_i4XvgEVDg

it makes perfect sense

I mean, she is relatively invulnerable IIRC.

Pretty sure Wonder Woman isn't going to get cut by a sword sitting between her ass cheeks.

Her skin isn't completely invulnerable but she is at least a little bit.

thats a retarded place to carry a sword, its impossible to draw a sword from the back, and its hard to even grasp it that low on the back

>implying Gadot has an ass
It's just resting on it nicely, like on a plank of wood if you will.

>implying holding the blade and attacking with the pommel is a useless idea
Do you even sword mate?
Such practice was used relatively frequently back in the day. It's the only way a sword would stand a chance against a man in plate armour.

Well, if such a fight would last long enough for you go get a hit in, at least...
youtube.com/watch?v=vwuQPfvSSlo

you can grab it, you cant draw it

iirc blade had an ejector

I shouldn't have laughed as hard as I did.

>It's the only way a sword would stand a chance against a man in plate armour.
You mean a small sword. A large two-handed sword does fine at bludgeoning a plate armor. and what's inside, even if it can't pierce it.

>bulding an ejector on your sword instead of wearing it at your waist like its intended because it looks cooler

ISHYGDDT

it's officially this long

>WB fucking up New Line's movies before they even had them
Sad!

>realism is more important than looking cool
>for motherfucking Blade
Get some taste, faggot.

>Gadot
>with an ass
Bullshit my dog has more ass than her

She has an ass that'd make Hank Hill blush with shame

the saddest thing about that entire scene is literally every other woman standing in the background had more ass than her but Chimmy Chong there is forced to stare at plank for take after take

>edgy black a weeb not doing stupid shit because they think it's cool.
Have you met a black weeaboo?
>"Hey I heard you like Dragon ball"
>Shows his forearm long Goku tattoo
worse yet, lil me thought that was hot shit

I think i have a new fetish!

Her legs...god damn it it's not even aesthetic fit

>every other woman standing in the background had more ass than her
Well they are in Brazil.

lets be honest here, even the men in the scene had more ass than her

Well they are in Brazil.

For real, what's with black people and Dragon Ball?

So who would have been a legitimately good Diana?
>Dadario
No

Alison Tyler

Lucy Griffiths. Shes perfect

>Berry the sword
>Pull it out and be crowned King Arthur

i can't believe that i'm saying that, but her tits are a little to big. i know that diana is stacked but alison have it a little too much.
Gina Carano

at one point Jamie Murray, she chased after the roll for years before giving up

>played Gaia on Spartacus
>Stahma Tarr on Defiance
>HG Wells on Warehouse 13

Looks just as skinny as Gadot, but more stacked on the tits department. I think the male tennis player you first get when you google "Jamie Murray" would be better.

literally who

she looks like she should be modelling clothes in a lifestyle magazine for the over 40s who don't want to accept how old they are

who pushed her face back in like that

she can't even climb stairs

Go back to shooting your movie, Gadot.

>Gina Carano
She's somehow even a worse actress than Gadot, and she's a shortstack too.

>muscle hobbit

Antje.
What a waste she was on Faora.
I think it's like fried chicken in that it's just confirmation bias. Everyone likes fried chicken but get a couple of excitable negroes and you have a stereotype on your hands. Same with DBZ, it's been one of the biggest animes in America since the early 90s.

I think she's too thin, always have. And I would've appreciated more boob.

I really didn't think I'd get annoyed with people bitching about Gal Gadot but here we are. You faggots praise Hugh Jackman a dude that looked and acted absolutely NOTHING like the character he portrayed.

based cho, best cho

To be fair 90% of this board was 10 years old or younger when they were exposed to Hugh. The board itself wouldn't exist for another 10 years after the movie came out.
It's kind of late to bitch at that point.
Gal is new. Also just a plain awful actress regardless of resembling Wonder Woman or not.

I've been bitching and moaning about Wolverine being a male model since 2000, tho.

I mean, eventually I just accepted it was pointless after like 5 movies.

Sup Forums was 2006

X-Men was 2000

point taken tho

i've been bitching and moaning about them being irredeemably bad movies since 2000

She's been wonder woman for two years though. The bitching here isn't going to change that. She's been in two movies already, the second out soon obviously, and is pretty much done with the third.

And the timeline doesn't really matter when the newest movie just came out. People praise Logan and it's arguably a worse adaptation than V for Vendetta. And not just of OML (which I hated more than the movie) since it barely attempted to adapt it but of the character at all. it was a middle finger to say it was "for the fans" when it wasn't.

Sometimes I wish everyone was a tripfag just to be able to call them out on their hypocrisy.

And for the record, I do think WW will be a vastly "worse" movie than Logan. Logan did some things okay but to see him praised and Wondy continuously bitched about is annoying. When I didn't think it would be.

And they weren't literal children who couldn't give a shit about actors or comic accuracy when Hugh was cast. The timeline DOES matter in this case since that's when their opinions were actually formed on her and her actual movie is just coming out.

Again, it doesn't matter that they "grew up on that wolverine" they shouldn't have. No matter how old they are. I thought Derek Jeter was the best player in the history of baseball when I was ten. I grew up and realized that was untrue. If someone cares about comics and cares about Wolverine Logan should piss them off just as much as Gal pisses off people that love wondy (and really I doubt most people bitching about wondy own a fucking issue of any of her runs. And yes, if they bitch about accuracy they damn sure better not just be fans of JL cartoons.)

It does matter. The fact Gal is fresh is why people are bitching.
Nobody is bitching about Wolverine because it's been almost two decades. They're used to it, and they wouldn't be saying anything nobody already didn't fucking know.
Gal is just coming out, there's still new shit to bitch about.
It's hot to bitch about.

it doesn't matter.

It matters.
Nobody is going to bitch about Wolverine like it's brand new 20 years after the fact.
If this place is still around, people probably won't bitch about Gal either.

>draw sword
>cleave cheeks off

>talking with normie coworker about movies
>he talks about Logan and how Jackman is a perfect fit for the role of Wolverine because he has the hair and attitude
>mfw
I don't even care that much about accuracy to source material but jeez.

That'd be an issue if she didn't have buns of steel
It's not just a sheathe it's also her sharpening block

I think people's opinion on Hugh is one of the best pleb filters ever.

I can't tell if that is painful or sexy

V was a fine adaptation, but the politics that informed it had moved on

the problem wasn't that it deviated from the source, the problem was that it wasn't very good at explaining complex politics against a backdrop of punchies and alliteration

but then what is

V was a fine movie, I'd agree with that. It was a horrible adaptation, though, user. That's almost inarguable.

Specifically because, as you said, "the problem was that it wasn't very good at explaining complex politics against a backdrop of punchies and alliteration" which is almost the only thing it needed to do in order to be a "good adaptation".

>try to hotdog Diana
>chafe your dick on her buns of stone

Now all I can think of is Guts hotdogging his sword

no, it needed to do two things

it needed to explain complex politics as stated

and it needed those politics to be relevant to the years in which it was released; the original's themes on totalitarianism and the mundane and often quite boringly sexuality-based excesses and boundaries of such reactionaries remained relevant, but the railing against Thatcherism went out the window with her - in 1990, when her own turned on her because she was patently insane

no amount of slavish devotion to that message would have had her legacy reexamined before her death, her 'state' funeral cancelled as an unthinkable extravagance in a time of Austerity for a leader of whom the best you could say is that she was divisive, or changed one bit the things she did to hurt her own people, let alone prevented those who came after her from going even further off the deep end with cuts on the state and a bullshit devotion to their own sense of self-worth as negotiators with Europe in the face of the facts

it would simply have been wanking into an envelope and posting it to a confused old woman who no longer remembered her own children, let alone the fact she'd been prime minister

so by dropping that, even though it meant the party became more 1984 than V, the film actually succeeds as an adaptation; they even got in some digs at Blair, the so-called heir to Thatcher

ass-carrying your sword is one of a young Amazon's first lessons. You should see what they do with their lassos.

Oh well granted yeah, if it's big enough

This, she's got the blue eyes and the vague European-ness associated with WW. Shame they wasted her in MoS

Look at the original post I got a funny feeling too.

That's nothing

I'd make it a 'whet' stone, of you catch my meaning

They can see it but they probably just assume it's jewelry/design of the dress that looks like a sword rather than an actual sword.

Fashion is really weird so it's entirely plausible.

people don't think gal is bad because she doesn't look like the character, it's because she has no charm

doesn't she have an invisible jetplane as well?

The problem with you analysis is that it was changed to being a criticism of Dubya, down to using a stand-in for 9/11 conspiracy theories. However, by keeping a lot of the comic's material intact it created a disconnect in presentation, because, as you pointed out, Thatcher-era political commentary had become irrelevant. Worse, what they changed for the film tended to diminish the dystopian aspects of the comic, which left us with what appeared to be a rather well-functioning if personally repressive society. They wanted Orwell, but only managed to give us Iran.

>a rather well-functioning if personally repressive society

It was relatively well-functioning in the comic too; what I saw in that film was a Britain very much alien to anything you might call free. I suspect much of the criticism levelled at it is on that basis.

Having seen it twice, however, and feeling that its flaws are very much evident elsewhere - there's that really long obvious greenscreen shot which is basically five minutes of exposition, for example - I'm not here to defend it.

her sword doesn't even have a wide crossguard, it would be literally useless to use it like that

>vague European-ness
She looks German af.

The Britain depicted in the comic is depicted as not functioning well. There is a general air of deprivation kept in check by government power; at the same time organised crime is powerful and rampant.

no it wouldnt, just not AS effective as it could potentially be

Oh, that was just the 80s.

One of my earliest memories is of two cops coming to the door, drunk, to "fine" my friend's dad. He was a big lad and he'd worked as a bouncer so he just kind of stood there not provoking them.

Five minutes later their colleagues caught up with them. Apparently they'd been to every house on the street trying to fund their drinking binge and someone had called to ask why this was happening, so a van full of coppers turned up and beat these two down in the street for it. Never heard of any prosecutions for them, though.

Fun times in the arse end of society.

You know damn well that thot gadot doesn't have an ass to hold a sword. whoever made that pic is a retard that can draw

Reminds me of those stories from French singers Gainsbourg and Dutronc who would go around trying to find riot police vans because they knew they always had beer to share in there.

Except even the elites were shown to have been very close to destitution. Compare that to the film, where everyone seems well-fed and economically fine.

Some of the elites. The wife of a party man fallen out of favour - she becomes a prostitute because she has no skills. She's always been a kept woman.

But obviously to support the clubs she works at there must still be those who are doing very well for themselves.

Ugh yeah they sit outside the nightclubs waiting for the drunk girls to "arrest". Nasty pieces of shit.

It's real "because of the implication" stuff, too. Still goes on, but it's not anything like as widespread.

user...

The protagonist comes from a race that was enslaved and almost wiped out by another race. Everyone looks down on them and calls them brutes and monkeys; this same race goes on to be the most powerful in the universe. It's empowering.

I'm saying it's not vague at all.

Also the fighting, right?
I mean it's not like it's the only time Asian martial arts has appealed to African-Americans.

this, a lot of the black stereotypes are just things that everyone likes

>white women
>big butts
>fried chicken
>dragonball

>big butts
Literally only blacks like that