So we're getting an R Rated Hellboy reboot, co written by Mignola Himself, more faithful to the tone of the comics...

So we're getting an R Rated Hellboy reboot, co written by Mignola Himself, more faithful to the tone of the comics, Directed by Neil "The Decent, Dog Soldiers" Marshall with David "Sheriff Badass" Harbour from Stranger things playing Hellboy and no threads about it? Really, faggots?

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hellboy-reboot-works-stranger-things-star-david-harbour-1001462

I'm with you OP, Hellboy is my favorite comic and I can't wait, Harbour's got some big shoes to fill but after watching Stranger Things i'm positive he can do a damn fine job

As long as there remains a bit of dark humor I'm game.

I didn't want a more direct adaptation of the comics in the films, the films are good movies in themselves and I wanted them to conclude.

If I wanted a better adaptation I'd have preferred something like HBO Spawn.

I enjoyed Del toro

>"The Decent, Dog Soldiers"
They truly were, good boys

So did i but he confirmed that HB 3 was never going to happen basically.

I'd rather want a short tv series that tells smaller stories.

Admittedly I was against anyone besides Perlman doing Hellboy, but if I had to pick a replacement he's the only guy I could think of who could do a good job, Perlman and Del Toro were great, but a more accurate depiction of the series sounds amazing

Del Toro completely lost his touch in recent years, I'm glad it's a reboot and not Hellboy 3.

I kind of don't want Perlman to come back because no matter what make up or outfit they put him in all I see is Perlman in a new getup instead of whatever character he's trying to portray. I know how weird that sounds.

For now I'm far more hyped for the incoming demon loli bloodventures.

It's such a strange feeling.

Everything that I hear about this makes it sounds that it can be amazing.

Still, losing Del Toro and Pealrman is like having to experience your dog dying.

We've had a few threads about it since the announcement, they just don't last long above the currently increased shitposting.

General feeling is cautious excitement contrasted with sadness at losing Perelman (and del taco to a lesser extent.)

One of the best questions from a previous thread: would Sup Forums prefer more practical effects and make-up, or motion capture?

>co written by Mignola Himself
Good to know, no matter the quality of the final product.

I'd like to see a mix of CGI and practical effects, Perlman, while amazing, always looked weird, I would really enjoy seeing a more accurate depiction, yellow eyes, cloven feet, right hand that doesn't look like a prop, etc

>Perlman, while amazing, always looked weird
And kid Hellboy in the second movie was straight up uncanny valley.
A dash of CGI wouldn't hurt.

Probably because they were in the middle of working on this when he showed up

He's been pushing for it for years and this is still in pre production. His problem had to do with the budget iirc.

One of the things I liked about the first two and Del Toro in general was the mix of practical effects and CGI. I'd like to see more practical effects in general.

My dream is a long running tv show, maybe on netflix, that goes through the whole hellboy/bprd saga.

Fingers crossed.

> I'd like to see more practical effects IN MOVIES in general.

forgot a couple words

Mignola is a sellout, people don't want this, they want Del Toro's vision and he took the money and ran. He is the only reason people care about Hellboy.

Comic version > Del Toro version

If this is more faithful to the tone of the comics, I don't see why it's a bad thing.

It'd be perfect for the Hellboy movie to kick off a BPRD tv show.

I am optimistic about it, though I do really like Perlman's Hellboy, gotta agree with this user I just hope they don't go ham and keep Hellboy's dry humor intact.

>Comic version > Del Toro version
Most people would disagree

>He is the only reason people care about Hellboy.

Oh yeah, Hellboy's won awards because of the movie where they needlessly shoved in a romance and love triangle.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums with your bullshit.

It was, he was asking for something like $250million and the studio knew that it would never make the money back.

People who didn't read the comics that is...

Yeah, which is most people.

I love the comics. I'll tell you straight up that they are not going to make a movie better than the existing movies.