How did he break his programming? He's a replicant so how come he could just do whatever the fuck he wanted?

How did he break his programming? He's a replicant so how come he could just do whatever the fuck he wanted?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/92286593/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow, thanks for the spoiler dickhead, I'm still waiting for yifys torrent here

because he was human.

By literally believing that he's a special child first born replicant

why would his programming even leave that open to be a possibility? the plot was such dogshit

How could Roy Batty?

because it makes them more human?

I think there is an inherent aspect of freedom in the replicant's higher intelligence.

I think the idea is the humans underestimate the replicants so much so that they don't realize the universal potential to rebel, not as an overriding of their programming but a function of it. Most replicants just don't realize it themselves.

If you don't get it, did you even understand the first film? Honestly, the themes are no different.

Becaused he believed he was more than just a replicant user, just like humans become greater because they believe they can be

Because he has common sense and evidence for it (which proves to be false in the end)? And an AI waifu that is telling him exactly that every single day?

>create replicants to serve as labourers in your society
>don't want them to think of themselves as humans
>add programing to make it possible to think of themselves as humans
fuck off

how do you think they were programmed? do you think some programmer actually has an if-condition for each case in existence? read a fucking replicant programming book you brainlet

it literally says it 10 minutes in

>make a replicant that is supposed to be indistinguishable from a human
>laser burn a logo on her bones

it clearly gave them a much wider range of abilities like being detectives and blending in to society more seemlessly. compared to roy batty who just seems like a robot who had to be retired because he realized he was just going to die. K was able to find purpose and die peacefully.

You forgot that Tyrell was experimenting with giving life to the replicants. He didn’t seem to care so much about business towards the end of his life, he cared more about the “art” of replication.

Did you watch the first Blade Runner?

>want replicant to be able to perform complicated tasks and make decisions for themselves
>program a capacity for critical thought on par with human beings
>this capacity is applied in unexpected ways

Computers today do so much we don't intend or understand. That's the nature of AI. It is independently intelligent.

>it's a newfag chokes on an obvious bait episode
true kino

But it wasnt' bait?

So the twist that K is not the chosen one is only for him, not the audience, right? Because I didn't believe one bit and figured it was a switch and bait. Is it intentional or the twist just doesn't have weight?

Replicants are not machines. They are not computers. Can't believe this wasn't clear enough for some people.

How doesn’t it hold weight? If it ended up him being the special child then it would have no weight or impact whatsoever, this makes perfect sense in terms of the narrative.

It isn't the usual lefty "everyone is born special teehee" Hollywood propaganda bullshit, only your actions can make you as an individual truly "special", which K becomes at the end by reuniting a father with his daughter while ignoring both the rebellion and Wallace.
But I guess you want the usual Hollywood schlock again and again

This might shock you, but Replicants aren't robots. The whole point of both Blade Runner movies is that they can be more human than actual humans.

What do you think the baseline test is for moron? their brains aren't lines of code.

I know this was basically spoon fed to the audience, but I can't seem to fully understand this scene.

>dying for the right cause it the most human thing we can do
>because you never witnessed a miracle

I think those edits are the things confusing me. Are they referring to his AI waifu? She died to be with him. She ordered him a hooker without K knowing. She constructed a plan to stay with him and protect him from being tracked. Her actions were a miracle?

On the other end you see that she is a soulless sex product and was programmed to do and say anything he wanted. The love between Joe and K was artificial and could never be real. The love between Deckard and his daughter was real and a true miracle given the circumstances. Is that what made K snap and do his own thing? I think that makes more sense than there being any real meaning between K and Joi.

He witnessed a miracle. They spell it out for you in the movie.

What does a switch and bait look like?

Exploring what it means to be human is pretty much the whole point of the movies. Joi's struggle to be human is just as real, if not as obvious, as K's.

That scene was meant to allow two interpretations, that Joi was actually following her programming all along and that K realizes this, or that K realizes it's not "his" Joi and that their love was real.

I'm not talking about the narrative, what I'm saying is that I could figure he is NOT the chosen one early on, so the impact of the reveal is lost on me. I'm asking if this is a bait and switch done poorly or intentionally.
I'm dumb

A plot point doesn’t have to be something extremely unexpectable in order for it to be good, film is not just about "le epic mind tweests"

The following scene with the Joi ad is what needed to be impactful, not the rebellion scene. Context and narrative is everything

According to Denis K's arc that, and I'm paraphrasing slightly, his desperation for genuineness will blind him.

That could either refer to the child plotline, or it supports the theory that K's desire for both he and Joi to become self-actualized, unbeknownst to him, caused Joi's programming to make her feed these fantasies.

Here's how I see it: I'd split the bridge scene into two relatively separate parts:

#1 Meeting the giant naked Joi is the final nail in the coffin in regards to his sense of being special. Pink Joi greets him the same way, addresses him using the same name (you look like a good Joe, haha average Joe get it?), we get the 'everything you want to hear/see' message for the 3rd time in the movie at LEAST. We get hit over the head time and time again with the fact that literally anyone can have a Joi and that she is a product made to please. I really enjoy the discussion around the meaning and the nature of Joi, but I think the movie makes it really obvious that Joi's just a toy with the sole purpose to feed K's delusions (from a viewer's perspective)

#2 Those two short flashbacks are meant to show us that K finally made a decision that's not just following orders. A decision based on what he truly thinks and believes is right. No more Robin Wright to order him around, no more manipulation from Wallace and co, no more Joi to stroke his ego, and, to my surprise (and imo the actual twist of the movie) not going through with the one eyed lady's wish. This authentic display of selflessness is the thing that makes K a real human bean.

Did K die at the end on the snow?

I don't know, user. What outcome would make the movie better for you? Just go with that.

Replicants aren't robots, they artificially created people with meat and shit, you can't just "program" them.

It's like having a person that you can genetically modify and condition anyway you want.

He also dies at the end. Go fuck yourself for torrenthing this movie you fucking capeshit consuming piece of shit.

i mean the book is called do androids dream of electric sheep so i always thought they were androids. i.e, robots shaped to look/act like humans.

they are artificially intelligent. they are capable of learning, integrating, forming their own opinions. the dude who made them wanted them to be as human as possible. their artificial intelligence wasn't illegal, their going insane was, which is what seemed to happen when the androids learned they were androids and had existential crises.

Remember that Ana mentioned that real memories are illegal? He was implanted with an authentic genuine memory. Memories that held emotions of abandonment and longing for a loved one, which had motivated him to buy a Joi hologram in the first place.

Your comment makes no sense, as it doesn't consider why a soldier and a laborer (Roy Batt & Leon Kowalski) have human appearances that allow them to go on the run. Pris was meant to be a terminator-style infiltrator *, so it makes sense she looks like a prostitute.

*Bryant identified Khora as "trained for an off-world kick murder squad", and Pris as a "basic pleasure-model" but this seems like a production goof, as it's Pris who's dangerous and manipulative, whereas Zhora fled in a panic.

Pris was a pleasure model who was made to be used as a sex slave for off world soldiers.

>FRIENDLY
FRIENDLY
>REMINDER
REMINDER

K still was the choosen one cause he had "real"(yea she was a girl not a boy whatever) memories while every other replicant had fake shit

It's implied that there are many other replicants with atleast some glimpses of real memories because "every artist put's a little bit of themself in their work"

They never get into how human vs robot they are (which ends up confusing for the viewer, but that confusion can be applied to the quandry in the story), but as
points out, they are androids before they are genetically constructed humans. They are constructed with a lot of meat, blood and guts, though.

>every other replicant had fake shit

She could have salted it in dozens or hundreds. K is the first one that bothered to look for the horse though.

Speaking about this, why didn't the half-replicant chick freak out when goose came to her with those memories, yeah she was crying but she should have went more like

>Why the fuck do you have those and why do you care .

He obviously died at the end. Spike died too, btw.

because she gave him (and the other rebels) their memorys

>Pris was a pleasure model who was made to be used as a sex slave for off world soldiers.

Did you actually read my the post you're replying to? Pris is clearly the "murder squad" model, Zhora is the pleasure model. Captain Bryant's dialogue was probably a "goof" that is a mistake - the script for that scene confused the 2 female replicants.

>>Why the fuck do you have those
Why would she ask that when she knows that she is the one who inserted that memory?
Putting real memories in replicants is illegal so she can't tell him that those are from her, even more because she's talking to a literal LAPD police detective

>hey, that shit I told the cop was illegal a minute earlier? yeah I probably should not bring it up right now

Secondly, remember that K just sort of sperged out and left.

Is it me or the prostitute replicant of this one look a fucking LOT like the replicant girl from the previous one that was with Roy?

GOD......DAMN ITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>gets up and leaves

didnt he say I KNOW ITS TRUE

I think it's because, she knows who he is. He was a custom Replicant specially designed to be a blade runner. So she might be the one who was in charge of making K's memories, so she knows exactly how he behaves and thinks.

Nice headcanon.

"kick murder squad model" - runs away from Deckard seemingly terrified, doesn't try to fight back.

"basic pleasure-model" - violent and cunning.

She may have learned those traits from Roy knowing how close those two are when you think about it. The profiling may have come from the investigation reports about their behaviour when they escaped from their masters.

wtf is happening in this thread why there are too many deleted posts?

Agree

>wtf is happening in this thread why there are too many deleted posts?

A guy lost an argument so he deleted all his posts.

>How did he break his programming?
What order did he disobey?

He was ordered to find and destroy the child. He thought he found the child but didn't destroy the child obviously since it concerned him. If he followed through he would have killed himself.

yeah sure thing m8

Where the fuck can i find a good torrent of this.

>yeah sure thing m8

That's actually what happened, see for yourself (scroll to the 4th reply):

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/92286593/

One of the few movies in the past decade of cinema worth spending.money on in a theatre and you just torrent it? You deserve all the spoilers you degenerate scum.

HD web DL is the best available at present, get it from rarbg, use unblocked.lol proxy is it's blocked in your country.