What a flop amirite

what a flop amirite

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14630723
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't even know there was a Beauty and the Beast movie.

Depends on its budget and Beauty and the Beast's budget.

It was expected to make a trillion dollars opening week. I doubt it even made half that.

>a Star Wars movie made money

DRUMPFF BLOWN OUT

TFA made 2 billion.
This movie opened to 220 million, 10% than what TFA opened too.

If it was good, and had good word of mouth it would make 1.8 billion worldwide , it's released on Christmas.

As it stands it will make between 1.2 and 1.3 billion.
That's 500 million lost and Star Wars brand damaged for the next installments

>Sup Forums is never wro--

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!!!
Fucking Sup Forums cucks thinking that TLJ would flop.. The Mouse has won and you have lost your precious franchise.

TLJ needs to make 2 and a half trillion to even break even

Another Gamergate victory, amirite?

>TFA made 2.2 billions
>TLJ MAYBE will top a Beauty and the Beast live action movie
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

a movie with star wars in the title shouldnt have to struggle for the top spot

Keep telling yourself that buddy. It has already broken even.

/thread

the mouseketeers have arrived

>it-it was supposed to make less money anyways.

The damage will be done to the movies that follow. People did not realize this one would take a shit on their franchise.

>Disney paid 4 billions for a franchise that barely can outgross its own remakes
>500-900 million less than the previous movie
What went wrong?

No one said it was a flop, retard. Box office revenue had underwhelming results and was at the lowest point of NINE Star Wars movies. The mouse should be killing themselves because of how TLJ did not "beat" TFA in its sales performance.

OHNONONONO

the same happened with batman vs. superman/justice league

nobody thought TLJ would beat TFA you fucking retard

why are people on this board so fucking stupid?!?!

TFA fucking destroyed domestic AVATAR and no other movie is even fucking close to what that made

See

>domestic
HAHAHAHAHAHA

ITLL MAKE 1.9 BILLION CONSERVATIVELY

the virgin domestic gross vs the Chad international

WAIT WAIT WAIT NO DELETE THIS

IT WILL MAKE 1.6 BILLION

>Movie Industry hits 22 year low.
>"Healthy year for movies."
Are you fucking high?

And now it remains to be seen if it'll beat BatB, 1.3 billions. Jesus fucking christ what a disaster

It made $21 million in the US on Wednesday. This weekend will be the deciding factor. Unless it makes some serious money over the next three days, it likely won't reach $600 million domestically. And with China not there to help overseas, it will likely only pull a similar amount internationally. So it will be neck and neck with Beauty and the Beast at $1.2 billion worldwide when all is said and done under these circumstances. Mind you that is $700 million below original estimates and a $1 billion less than TFA.

Kathleen Kennedy. That and throwing Lucas' outline in the trash and telling him to take a hike.

If they were smart, they would've made three safe sequels following Lucas' vision. Cash in on the nostalgia and give the original characters a proper send off.

Instead they got too greedy, too fast. Then Kennedy moves in with her politics-ridden dullness.

Who the fuck is watching that Jumanji movie?

What victory? No one wins here, not the fans of Star Wars or Disney shareholders. It's not the people's fault the movie so divisive. Shouldn't have made a shit movie.

Lot's of people, it's actually better than TLJ. Same with Bright

>a week from today
>1.2 is exactly what we had hoped for
>e-everything fine

>Falls $500m under estimates
>Merch sales nose dive
>Interest in E9 at an all time low
>Parent company is just in the middle of building x2 star Wars lands for the fans you just alienated and angered

A-at least the force is female though r-right?

TLJ will be a financial success regardless of what critics say.
The problem is how the critical reaction will affect the success of the franchise and future installments as a whole.

You guys seem to be forgetting that most people who watch Star Wars movies try not to be spoiled beforehand. So of course all of them went to see the movie, since they actively avoided all the negative discussion around it.
If you want to see the damage TLJ did to the franchise you're gonna have to wait for Ep IX

It's like coming in first at the Special Olympics

Families. Jumanji is performing well above expectations. It's literally stealing business from The Last Jedi. I suspect it'll be making more daily by January. Next time theaters will be less likely to accept Disney's one sided deals and rival studios will be more willing to put out counter-programming. People are trying to downplay this but this has been a really bad performance for an episodic SW film. Especially one that opened as big as TFA.

Titanic is the only movie on this list that I've seen

>there was a Beauty and the Beast movie
>highest grossing movie this year

What a shit year

strawpoll.me/14630723

Bu-but JJ Abrams will save the franchise, right?

>mfw i went because my gf wanted to see it
>mfw i see all those shitskins in a 17th century France setting

The guy who wrote BvS and Justice League will save it for sure!

Law of diminishing returns will prove true for Episode IX, as well. Also, the word of mouth for this one is really bad compared to TFA. With TFA, people were still pretending it was good. Now there is no possible way to pretend. The franchise is finished.

Not only diminishing returns but they decided they don’t want the nostalgia audience anymore so all that’s left will be the Nu Male audience.

who gives a shit
i went to see it withmy kids and it was fun
and i'll keep giving my hard earned money to the mouse in the future for my family's entertainment
fat 'redpilled' losers arguing over a kids movie and its 'agenda' because they feel threatened are eminently pathetic
t. cool dad

Whoever they are, they are about to DROWN in PISS from watching the LITTIEST, RAUNCHIEST KINO of the year

What shitty life choices led you to defending a billion dollar conglomerate from basement dwellers on the internet?

still too much money

i read the spoilers beforehand and went to see TLJ with low expectations and i was quite pleasantly surprised, to be quite honest with you family

And here you are, defending the Mouse on Sup Forums. I'm sure your kids are proud

this ass is meh

Nah people were giving it negative reviews even without spoilers. That's why things like the RT ratings actually matter

I'm a dad that grew up surrounded by Star Wars figures. Weird that none of my kids wanted me to get them Star Wars toys this Christmas. They marketed these movies to soyboys and feminists and they still haven't figured out that soyboys and feminists don't have kids to buy the fucking merchandise.

This
Damage is yet to come. This is just a relatively small downturn due to lack of repeat viewings
Toy sales tanking and Solo flopping is what would cause them to really panic

They completely gave the finger to the nostalgia audience with this one. Solo is going to get shit on.

i don't know
common sense maybe?
i certainly won't defend your loser lifestyle, in any case
my kids are indeed quite proud
thanks for asking

Nice deflection faggot. If it was common sense the entire human race would all defend Disney on Sup Forums.

>toys
i grew up with legos and my Star Wars toys were all 100% DIY and unique
same for my kids, they're just not interested
we still enjoy the OT from time to time and we keep going to the theater each time there is a new Star Wars movie
we just don't need to fill the whole fucking house with plastic gizmos
we also don't give a shit about 'soyboys' and 'feminists'

>THE MOVIE ISN’T BAD ITS BOX OFFICE FAILURE WAS BECAUSE THE AUDIENCE IS TOO STUPID/RACIST/NERDY/NOSTALGIC/TRUMP-SUPPORTERS

>THE T-TOYS AREN’T SELLING BECAUSE KIDS ARE TOO DUMB TO WANT TO PLAY WITH THEM

>spend billions on advertising and might pass B&B
JUST

yeah sure thing
Disney is truly evil and only managed to become a billon dollar company by accident, right?
luckily the hacker known as Sup Forums will redpill us all!
i'm so sorry this children's movie hurts your feelings

>FAILURE
jej
nice greentext and stuttering btw

At last! Girls will make fun of nerds for a change.

>Dies with laughter as they sneak 'beautiful' black women into french party because every 17th century noble likes bleaching
>gf looks over
>"user, I didn't realise this was a funny scene"
>she never noticed anything wrong

Enjoy being even less closer to avatar this time.

Like a true cucklord.

Emma Watson's autotune was the only thing bad about that movie.

And the fact that they shoehorned Gaston's sidekick as a fag

y r u n tv?

it's a comfy ass

Ooh, dat neogaf assburn. Still smokimn' fresh.

Pedo shit. You're all going down.
All your virtue signalling was for nothing.
It just gave you away.

Reminder that TLJ has to make 2.79 billion dollars and descend the Mariana Trench in order to turn a profit

>why are people on this board so fucking stupid

t. is on this board

Pssst, if you're gonna try to pretend to be one of us, don't talk to us like you only turned up this morning. Moron.

>still here defending the Mouse
>I am not the loser at all.

>movie from a company that went apeshit over Avengers 2 being 100m under expectations
>not having a stroke over trailing towards being 5-800m under expectations
>or damaging the brand name when a new movie that's had fuck all marketing is coming out in under 5 months
The day of the mousetrap can't come soon enough

*sigh*

This is the most reddit post I've seen this morning.

Congratulations, m'dude!

Edit: Thanks for the gold!

>domestic
Let me guess, DCuck?

>defending the Mouse
i'm just here to laugh at retards like you

go back to pol, drumpflet

What a waste of Hitler trips.

>I-IM LAUGHING GUYS I PROMISE
You're such a fucking tard. Go watch a Marvel flick you drooling reddit faggot.

Nigga you can only have Hitler dubs, when it's trips it's Santa

>almost 2018
>Still uses drumpf

From my point of view the Drumpfkin are evil.

Fuck off nazi.

couldn't juts make a facebook group for ex-neogaf people to shillposting?

I don't like spics. They're ugly and smelly and irritating and they're everywhere.

Muslims have more in common with Nazis than Trump supporters do fyi.

this, but unironically

Trump supporters have more in common with Muslims than they do with ordinary people

I think the shit toys sales are partially due to the lack of new and memorable scenes and ships. All they did was rehash Rebel and Imperial ships with new paint. The prequels gave us tons of new ships and the sequels really haven't given us a whole lot of new star fighters or other vehicles

They haven't run enough people with cars and trucks of peace yet. They are still behind those poor refugees.

It's not going to flop but it did a pretty good job of being a giant meme and opening the public's eyes to how critics are just giant shills.

It also poisoned the SW well, so it's doing really well.

Why are Disney shills so obsessed with DC? Don't they know we can spot them in the dark the moment they mention it?

beauty and the beast toppled by beauty and the beast in space.

Pottery

This is why I love TLJ so much, the gig is up
>mfw my normie friends were talking about Disney buying reviews after seeing
kek