If you were going to introduce your girlfriend to animated DC, which movies/shows would you start with?

If you were going to introduce your girlfriend to animated DC, which movies/shows would you start with?

Do you think Young Justice is better enjoyed with some prior knowledge?
Is Teen Titans the better alternative?
What about the films? Would Crisis on Two Earths be a good primer?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/paul-dini-superhero-cartoon-execs-dont-want-largely-f-1483758317
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Girls love Youn Justice.

Is this a stealth Young Justice vs. Teen Titans thread? Because we just had one: TT best cartoon, of course.

Why the fuck would I want to introduce my girlfriend to animated DC?

Girls like Batman and shipping, so Young Justice an Under the Red Hood are probably good places to start.

Batman: the Brave and the Bold. The show gives a rough run down of who's who in the dcu . Then follow up with the world's finest from the DCAU

io9.gizmodo.com/paul-dini-superhero-cartoon-execs-dont-want-largely-f-1483758317

I did Young Justice for my gf, then that Wonder Woman animated film.
Then she dressed up like Diana and demanded I tie her up and fuck her.

Nah man, I'm just genuinely seeking some advice, I haven't seen YJ yet, but from my understanding it's much more serialized than TT's episodic format, so I think she might like that a bit more.

I'd really like to show her UTRH, but I think it packs more of a punch if you're a bit more acquainted with the characters.

Nice.

This.

Aren't girls supposed to be more into nuanced emotion than dense plotting? Then you'd definitely want Teen Titans, with its second-to-none characterization. (Plus it's the best cartoon.)

Girls are into a wide number of things.
It might surprise you, but lumping them all under one umbrella is kind of why you can't get laid.

No actually my sex slave catching umbrella gets my laid quite a lot.

>Nice.
Apparently she is of the opinion that Diana secretly just wants to be tied down and fucked like a whore.
I told her that I'm not sure how "secret" it actually is considering her character origins.

I might start her with some "best of" TT arcs, and then move on to YJ.

Stereotypes are a great tool to use in conversations with perfect strangers.

OTOH, you're just a tool.

No shit, Fujoshits don't buy merch.

Until they start doing that they won't be pandered too.

They'd just want to watch the CW shows and not care about animation, and talk about how much they want to fuck Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin.

>start her with some "best of" TT arcs
That's an even worse idea than not showing her TT at all. The show has a surprisingly large amount of continuity, and really should be enjoyed that way.

I'm pretty sure millennials don't buy merch in general given that, you know, it requires money.

JL and JLU

That was just Dini guessing on what might've killed YJ. Weisman has confirmed over and over it wasn't because of girls.

What was the actual reason?

I'd show her Teen Titans and Young Justice since those are arguably the easiest DC shows to get into.

Then if she liked those and was interested in more, I'd show her a few of the DCAU movies (Wonder Woman, Flashpoint Paradox, Bad Blood, Teen Titans, Judas Contract) and if she liked THOSE I'd work my way back. Red Hood, All-Star Superman, maybe one of the Justice League movies but those are pretty bland.

Then if she liked THOSE I'd show her Justice League and Justice League Unlimited and if she had a peak interest in Superman or Batman I'd show her their respective 90s shows and animated movies.

How about you think of what she likes and decide based on that instead of asking random people?

Mattel approached DC and said they wanted to make DC action figures. They gave DC the money for the Young Justice license. DC made the cartoon with that money. The toys didn't sell. Mattel didn't renew their contract. They didn't have any money to continue the show. They cancelled the show.

Why would anyone want to watch Young Justice or the movies AFTER the masterpiece that is Teen Titans? Now Justice League, that I can agree with.

Because if you're like me the ending of Teen Titans left me feeling really empty and wanting more and Young Justice was a good replacement for that.

Unfortunately when Young Justice came out I was in my edgy early teen phase and didn't watch it A. because Aqualad was black and B. because Robin wasn't the leader but a few years later I finally watched it and it was real good.

>Because if you're like me the ending of Teen Titans left me feeling really empty and wanting more
"Titans Together" is probably the best ending of any cartoon ever. "Things Change" was a bit sad for an epilogue, but the movie made up for it.

The show was on from the ages of 6 to 9 for me. It was a big part of my childhood and instrumental to my growth at that time. I had a lot of medical issues and was constantly in and out of the hospital. Robin showed me that I could look up to ordinary people even though I was worse by proxy than nearly everyone else on the entire world because I was not as physically able as them because there are EXTRAordinary people in the world. The show was also a gateway to my love for superheroes as a whole, who gave me even more people to look up to in my pain filled and sad life.

The fact that the show ended at all, especially when it did, made me sad. I actually started watching Young Justice while recovering from one of my surgeries (one that was especially painful and left me completely immobile for a few months).

I wish I could kill everyone involved with TTG

This is the only answer

Hm, this is a good suggestion.

I think I might go with a few BTAS/JL episodes before going with TT, so she'll know a little bit about the mentor characters.

Hold on, have you actually watched these shows you're asking about yourself?

The only one I haven't watched yet is YJ, which is why I made the thread.

I've watched the entire DCAU, some shows more than once, and all of TT.

Well I was confused there because TT barely even mentions the existence of the mentor characters.

That's precisely the reason I think it'd be cooler to know about them beforehand.

Lots of tiny nods and references here and there that really add to the show, like the I already have a father" line.

Hmmm, well then I'm guessing you'd want to have her know enough to get the other references too, like Robin's actual name being shown on screen.

I dunno, maybe The Batman? I never see people talking about it, but I enjoyed it, grew up watching it, so maybe that was a factor for me

I mean it covers all the villains and introduces Batgirl and Robin as it goes on

it had some good episodes, I really liked the one where the penguin got Green Lanterns ring and pulled all kinds of shenanigans

also I really liked the bickering rivalry batgirl and robin had when they first met

also Black mask was really unsettling when they first introduced him, he just sat there quietly the entire time...menacingly

Do any girls actually like Batman media? I would think it's literally the opposite of what they watch.

well...maybe? if it's not super broody they might enjoy it, that being said...that's hard for batman, but hmhm series like the batman, brave and the bold ain't broody, so they may like those at least

Teen titans is only. Good if you were a child in the first view. I never got into it, I was too old. Young justice is superior.

If she's a normal girl, into unicorns, pink and girl stuff, then Winx. Shit was cash.

>Teen titans is only. Good if you were a child in the first view.
Speak for yourself, I just watched it for the very first time and was utterly blown away by how good it is.

Not really. She's not really geeky at all, but she's more into action-oriented stuff. She's watched all of Avatar: TLA, and liked it a lot.