Why was he so mean :(

Why was he so mean :(

autism

to weed out the weak

he failed

could you imagine a Marine drill sergeant giving that speech today?

>#USMCtriggering
>#NoRacistsInTheMarines

not to be a soyboy or anything but does this sort of behavior actually help prepare soldiers or are DIs just psychopaths?

Both

Well, It didn't go that well for him in the movie

it wasn't racist he specifically said there was no racial bigotry and he didn't look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers.

Well I was army not muhrines but it did get rid of a few pussies. More than anything though it just helps you learn to stop giving a fuck which is useful when you have to get stuff done

Pyle would contact IG and Hartman would be chaptered out for making the weight-challenged feel unwelcome

disappear, scumbag

If you can't deal with some guy yelling and calling you a faggot, you probably aren't going to do well when people are shooting at you.

Someone in my class got discharged for punching a drill sgt. who called them a nigger so that shit definitely still happens and you do have to put up with it. It's all a psychological test, I imagine the easiest way to get through it would be to try and just zone out for those couple of weeks and see it as a chance to get /fit/ and some skills under your belt you would want to have anyway. They don't want you to have shit on your mind, but they also don't want you if you're over 30.

Also the reason the characters in the movie were fucked up was obviously because they got drafted and would have gone on to become artists and businessmen and shit if they had a choice. I don't think conscription can ever be a good thing.

It's rare as fuck though, from what I understand drill sergeants have become a lot more PC/tame.

A lot of DS actually get volun-told to go there or do it to pick up their 6's. It's not really a prestigious thing outside of the combat arms because the hours suck and you're dealing with morons for five cycles. As long as you shut the fuck up and play ball they fuck with you for like the first few weeks and then mellow out a bit. They also can't do shit to you anymore except smoke you but if you pretend to be worn out they really can't do anything

Yeah definitely, I don't even think they were as bad as the movie depicts, its just Ermey being funny as fuck desu. But I doubt they can even get away with the stuff they could 10 years ago. There is no need for it when we can just drone strike shit anyway.

This.
Why even draft the fat guy who can't a do single push up. It was obvious he was going to be a giant fuckup

He *was* a good shot, but that alone wouldn't keep him alive.

I found it helpful. After 9 weeks of getting screamed at, hit, and kicked, (Army BCT, Fort Sill, 1993), I could perform all common soldier tasks immediately and flawlessly, and I obeyed lawful orders immediately and without question. I'd say 95% of the remainder of the platoon were trained to the same standard.

Not all people respond to this method. A handful of people, usually very low-rent, trashy types, are far too petulant, narcissistic, mean-spirited, and self-obsessed to be militarily trained. They used to just fucking throw them out.

I don't think any other training method is nearly as effective. I've observed many different European armies in the field, and found that the ones who had very demanding training regimes (UK, France) performed much better than those who didn't (Germany, the Netherlands). This isn't to say that the latter are poor armies or that they were grossly outperformed. I just feel from the experience that if they toughened up their induction training, they'd have much harder and more fearsome troops.

How about cumskins?

I'm a gay masochist so I would probably run around with a boner 90% of the time, specially if the drill sargeant were a handsome old man.

It's important for them to be focused and knowledgable above all else, then they won't act out of fear. Demanding doesn't need to mean stressful but I haven't done the homework on this either. We probably just took notes from the Nazis.

non-drafted soldiers are gloryfied murderers for hire and not smart enough to make judgement on other armies as a whole

Because they're going off to fight some one who will give you no sympathy. He's turning a bunch of beta soyboys into alpha men.

>After 9 weeks of getting screamed at, hit, and kicked, (Army BCT, Fort Sill, 1993), I could perform all common soldier tasks immediately and flawlessly, and I obeyed lawful orders immediately and without question.

Why are military members such massive cucks?

>alpha men.

so why do you think they were fighting in Vietnam?

because americans are so stupid they need to be beaten in order to perform "common tasks"

For the jews and to stop comunists.

drafted ones are still worse if you're going to have an army

if not, good luck using home grown fruits and vegetables as projectiles

>Marines
>Drafted
Don't be stupid.

nobody can be worse than the trash that join voluntarily

Well, that's what happens in the movie.

If you're anti-war, then this makes sense, but you know that's not viable in the grand scope of things? I respect if your choice is to just wait to let the cold hands of death take you away like some kind of monk but sheesh.

Yes, and that comes in AIT.

t. fat person with asthma

t. faggot with acne and bitch gut

Good goy

>t. faggot with acne and bitch gut

I'm in great shape, my cucked friend. Thanks for defending muh freedoms by fighting pointless wars in the middle east for Israel though. Really makes me, the miltary industrial complex, and Zionist occupied government think

This is deeply rooted in nature

Thanks for paying for my college and that signing bonus boss. It sucked for a bit but it's all paying off now thanks to hardworking individuals like yourself

I didnt pop a boner for about the first six weeks i was there
couldnt poo the first week either

>If you're anti-war
i'm mostly anti-america

Well who could blame you, although there are very few countries that aren't complicit, that's kinda what the whole war is about right?

Marines did draft during the Vietnam War m8