Let us suppose that Gravity Falls returns with a sequel series, where the twins are of highschool age...

Let us suppose that Gravity Falls returns with a sequel series, where the twins are of highschool age. What's the story potential lookin' like?

Other urls found in this thread:

neilblr.com/post/142982667678).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Terrible because Alex is a hack

Only kidding Alex but stop getting ideas off Sup Forums

Bill would return, since he wasn't defeated via the prophecy.

I could potentially see it going ok, but Mabel would have had to grow as a character, because if she still acts the same people would hate her (most people let it slide because she looked like a 5 year old).

Mabel gets a sex change and they become the hardy boys.

Incest. Lots and lots of incest.

Someone finds the Bill statue, hauls it away, and it breaks, releasing Bill. Bill knows not to be an idiot and completely turns Gravity Falls into a post apocalyptic land. The first scene is the song Neil Cicierega wrote for the finale that didn't make the cut (neilblr.com/post/142982667678). The twins return to save the world. Now they're older, stronger, and ready to take on Mega-Bill.

That sounds like a retread of Weirdmageddon

I just hope to see the series continue and it doesn't suck.

Matpat's theory on this and Rick and Morty was actually pretty informative. I didn't know about all of the secret messages in the physical Journal 3 they sold a while back. Or the various references in Rick and Morty outside of the portal and mug scene.

The ship's already sort of sailed on Mabel being well written or likable.

bill returns but he can only manifest himself inside doritoes so while mabel and dipstick solve hometown mysteries they are closely followed by angry cursed chips

90% shipping 10% plot

If Pacifica looked anything like this and got together with Dipper, the fans would instantly forgive Hirch.

Dipper and Mabel are somehow an even more disfunctional pair of twins than Dennis and Dee Reynolds.

#Progressive YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS

Which of them would be Dee and which would be Dennis?

To be completely honest I just want the DipperXPacifica ship to be cannon And also, we all know it would be something like "Bill has returned" but now with a more powerful creature by his side or something like that, maybe something like "I can't control it myself, help me Pines" and they do it just to save the world or some shit

I recently checked the fanfic archives for this show, and why are there so many fucking "Bill returns after his defeat, but he's a human?!" fics?

i'd rather a spinoff about stan and stanford

Pacifica joining in on adventures as a snarky and mildly bitchy but ultimately good natured rich girl with a heart of gold.

I just really like those types of characters

Pine Twins + Pacifica polyamory or nothing

Mabel can kiss a gnome. She doesn't deserve a piece of that action.

I agree, it's a pretty common trope, but one that I love nonetheless

Don't most people find Ford kind of bland?

More softcore supernatural fetish stuff

Maybe some actual character growth would make Mabel more bearable.

In a show that ultimately boiled down to a "coming of age" story, she kind of got shafted in that department.

The thing is that they tried to make it seem like Dipper and Mabel were equally the main characters, when they really weren't.

So more Pyronica?

Well as far as characters go, at the end of the series you have the twins sent away with a promise to return, the Gruncles on their long awaited globe trotting adventure, Bill banished but could be loopholed back in easily enough. Most of the other significant antagonists have been dealt with or switched sides. The most glaring issue is the need for new antagonists, probably what you'd see would be the twins returning to Gravity Falls to reunite with their gruncles after they return from their globetrotting adventure. The Gruncles bring back various weird souvenirs with them and one or more of them turn out to be genuine high caliber spooky stuff that kickstarts the plot once it reacts with Gravity Falls' natural weirdness. Quite possibly something related to the UFO, as if I am recalling correctly, that was one of the major things left unexplained.

I'd predict that we would see return appearances of a few of the previous villains that were more notable, such as the shapeshifter getting unfrozen or a copy of Giffany returning, eventually culminating in the return of Bill and a 3 way match up between him, pines and friends, and whatever the major season 2 villain would be.

Yes

I wish there was vore in this show that had a female character on the receiving end, though

It was all about dipper.

What archive?

If there were a sequel, I don't think Hirsch would be a part of it. He already closed the book on Gravity Falls and wrapped things up the way he wanted, more or less.

Fanfiction net and archive of our own

So that they can have him fuck dipper.

And they make him black.

>Dipper drives up by himself one summer, just to check out the old territory
>Ends up hunting down a spook, nearly getting himself killed but is rescued by a couple of park rangers
>Turns out due to Ford's meddling, the whole area got more or less turned into a nature reserve
>staffed by a couple of badly funded kook cryptozoologists(which Ford falls in), some 'don't let the public know anything' Men in Black types, and a few to rangers to round it out
>The rangers are impressed Dipper was able to track the spook so quickly, and offer him a internship for the summer
>He ends up taking it, adding his knowledge of the lay of the land and helping Ford's research when he can, large portion of monster of the week type episodes
>Mabel comes up because it was 'boring down there' and starts trying to make money by selling arts and crafts to the local humans. And to the local cryptos. Which gets her into trouble that Dipper needs to help her out of more than once.
>Ford is relatively healthy but Stan is slowly dying. Blames his drinking and only physical activity being stealing stuff, but takes it in stride. Passes away peacefully one night.
>As soon as Stan dies, Bill is released back into the world, with a vengeance, but not nearly as much power
>Starts mucking things up left and right, starting wars between various cryptos, giving dangerous artifacts to locals, haunting Dipper's dreams every night
>Eventually, everyone gets together to defeat Bill by IDK, I was gonna say trapping him in a human body, but apparently that's cliche enough to have a hundred fanfics. I wasn't even going to ship him or anything, I just thought Bipper was entertaining and wanted more of that.

Exactly

But Dipper's one love interest was less developed than each of Mabel's dozen

Relatedly, fanfic writers also seem obsessed with having Dipper be possessed again, or dying, or having some other form of supernatural misfortune happen to him, usually while Mabel's completely unharmed. It's like they can't give the poor kid a fucking break for once.

Mabel pathetically grovelling for forgiveness at least once

I'd have it end by:
Eventually, everyone gets together to defeat Bill by sealing him inside someone's mind again.
>Mabel offers herself because she feels like she hadn't done much, but Dipper forces her out of the way and takes it instead.

>Bill is trapped inside Dipper's mind until he dies.
>Dipper goes off adventuring through the world and eventually different dimensions looking for a way to either get rid of Bill permanently, or make himself immortal so Bill can never escape.

Honestly, I'd do it the other way around, with Dipper trying to sacrifice himself but Mabel doing it instead.

My original plan was Bill to get trapped into a different (previously mentioned, but often only as the butt of jokes)intern and ends up joining the Scooby Gang of trying to keep Gravity Falls under control. Probably have a new villain pop up.

Eh, doesn't sound very interesting

wrong website pal

How about a series that takes place with bill, mabel, and dipper ending up being trapped in the universe ford was thrown in? And ford and stan are trying to break them out as they try to kill bill once and for all

Mabel actually having to make a significant sacrifice at some point, possibly even herself.

I was being I R O N I C ecks dee

Dipcifica is literally the only good ship in this damn show

Mostly because he didn't have much time to develop.

Great character concept, great voice actor, great ideas in general, poor, poor execution.

How about Wendip or Pinecest?

Even better than Dipper/harem?

He barely interacted with anybody other than Dipper, Stan, or Bill.

Hell, a big part of Season 2B was Dipper choosing between Ford or Mabel, and the two only had around 3 short, minor interactions

how about bill winning instead and they have to migrate to a new universe and start a life there at the end

pacifica is killed by her father who has been possessed by BILL, and her body is found wrapped in plastic. stan develops a love for pie.

one of the times that filler would have actually helped

What are the chances of Mabel having learned nothing?

Call it, "Twin Pines"

Zero chance she learned anything. There's also the question of how many times she's going to get pumped-and-dumped growing up before she starts to learn anything.

>There's also the question of how many times she's going to get pumped-and-dumped growing up before she starts to learn anything.

Come to think of it, Mabel's way more shallow than Dipper, in a lot of different aspects

Mabel causes the apocalypse again

Wendy didn't have enough development and was little more than a trophy.

Mabel a shit, end of story.

And haremshit ought to keep itself contained to shitty animu, the Middle-East and Africa, and the dreams of horny Neckbeards.

I would give this all of my yes. Partially because I suffer from feels deficiency and need to supplement my mental state with various media, but mostly because of the potential for Pacifica to take Mabel's place as main female protagonist. Pacifica would at least be more invested in what was going on than Mabel.

Well, she didn't learn not to

bump

Why'd you reply to that post specifically?

>Pacifica would at least be more invested in what was going on than Mabel.
Because it's some dangerous shit, or because Dipper's interested in it.

You know exactly why he did.

I don't, actually

>Fujoshits still writing fanfics for this series

Kek, I just checked AO3 and BillDip is literally 1/3 of all the stories for the series.

Like, why. They hated each other.

Oh well.

>Like, why. They hated each other.

That's why. Hatred is a sort of passion, and they had interesting chemistry. Women are all about passion and chemistry. It's why so many of them fall into short term relationships with guys who are 'bad for them', because strong emotional responses bleed over quite easily.

The fandom, and the show itself, had this weird obsession with Dipper suffering.

>weird obsession

a better word would be "fetish" user.

That explains the fans, but what about the writers?

>hate

Bill didn't give enough a shit to hate anyone except maybe Stanford.
Post-banishment it'd be understandable if he hated Dipper, but throughout most of the show Bill was getting just about everything he wanted while he dicked around with everyone else.

But shipping doesn't have to make sense.

>Bill becomes Scooby/Great Gazoo and helps/hinders them

That actually would be a better use of the character than "enemy who's to incompetent to kill" instead have him as a friend who's too dickish or non-attached to actually help or actually enjoys being in the way.

Stan & Ford disappear on one of their adventures
Dipper & Mabel set off to find them with Soos, Wendy, Pacifica, Robbie and Fiddleford.

Stan and Stanford disappear during their travels. Dipper and Mabel take off after them, using letters and notes left from their Grunkles as clues.
Depending on how long the sequel series goes on, they could travel through different dimensions, but it would suck if they skipped from one place to the next without going in depth on the weird shit and characters in each place.

On the one hand, I am leery of the easy temptation to just bring back the old cast, on the other hand I really loved Early Bill and bringing him back as a blatantly untrustworthy ally/information source would be great. Dipper knows that Bill is only using him as part of some huge scheme to escape, but Bill is also the only possible source of information on the portal deep under the arctic ocean or whatever.
Pacifica as the financial backer of their voyage would also be useful.

I don't care what the plot is, Mabel and Dipper need to bone already

As long as you remove Mabel or at least relegate her to a minor role. Replace her with Pacifica, or Wendy, or even Candy but for fuck's sake just get that annoying little shit out of the picture until she grows up.

To think that they probably could've saved her character at least partially in the second to last or final episode

After the abortion that was Season 2B?
No potential

As soon as the twins step off the bus back in California, and Mabel is immediately arrested for the deaths of 37 people in weirdmageddon

Or have dipper have been a girl all along.

This.

Pinecest was best ship

Mabel doesn't deserve Dipper

There are people that didn't like Mabel?

So you want Grunkle Stan, Soos, Bill, McGucket to all have new different voices? This isn't trolling this is a sincere question

Are you new here?

No, but I really can't imagine Hirsh wanting to go along with reopening the series after he strongly refused to do a third season and left Disney. I'm not even sure he's on amicable grounds with them anymore.

Go full cosmic horror and just include more abstract beings like Bill who can distort dream worlds and manipulate dimensions on a whim, but don't give them any real agendas apart from just surviving and spreading their message.

Cults could be added too that are mentioned off hand and slowly begin to take shape the more Dipper delves into them. These cults could be the catalyst for the discover of these dream monsters/creatures that exist beyond Earth.

I would enjoy Bill actually breaking or at least trying the main cast one by one from the shadows. Throwing some petty monster to them to keep them occupied while he consolidates his power again, and slowly turns everyone against each other.

Then cue to the power of friendship and whatever, they unite against him and finally banish him.

Stan becomes Frank

That sounds like some Moorcock/40k Chaos Shenanigans.

He's a Tripfag who doesn't make content, they're stuck in a perpetual state of newfaggotry.

They would focus on solving the Super Weirdness in Gravity Falls all the while Bill would find a way to resurrect himself but would be weakened and try to not only regain his powers but find a way to escape the bubble.

True

The only logical choice.

And accidentally slits McGucket's throat with a trash can

Gravity Falls wasn't release in my country, should i watch it Sup Forums?