What would/will you pay for Joi?

It's more than likely that within our lifetime, holographic waifus like Joi will become real.
How much are you willing to spend on Joi, if she'd be similar to her Blade Runner version? That is, limited to one or two rooms (no emanator) and customization options like pic related.
I'd seriously consider moving into a smaller apartment and get a smaller/cheaper car, and drop 20 or 30k on a Joi.

Other urls found in this thread:

feministcurrent.com/2017/04/27/sex-robots-epitomize-patriarchy-offer-men-solution-threat-female-independence/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The most I'd pay would be in the 50k range. A monthly payment plan wouldn't even be that much if it was a 6 or 7 year plan. I'd rather have her than some 900hp car that will be stuck in traffic 95% of the time.
So she can't leave one room?

Exactly, with a 7 year plan it wouldn't even be so bad. Anything above 50k might be stretching it a little, but then again a really solid AI with an incredibly cute/supportive personality would be great. The scene where she casually switches between looks/clothes is nice.

I figure an emanator is pretty far-fetched technologically speaking, but projectors in one or two rooms shouldn't be too sci-fi to expect within 30 years.

Wouldn’t pay more than 30-40K

I would pirate her

Not going to lie. Would put pretty much all my money towards it. Live cheap as shit. Sell my car, guitars and other valuable shit. Take out a loan for whatever amount I'd still need after that. I aint ever going to get settled with a chick that wholesome, so I wouldn't think twice about paying big for a Joi.
Wonder if any company is actively working on this already.

Is she physical or just a hologram?

The hardware alone would probably be expensive af. But a pirated version might have hacked options (loli for most of Sup Forums I guess), but she'd probably have some nasty DRM anyway.
Actually, I'm afraid that if they ever make Joi, despite being expensive af, she'd still end up riddled with ads as well.

honestly, holographic emanator tech is the most feasible. The real world robotic ones we have currently look like shit and are creepy in all honesty and needs at least another 50 years of development.

just hologram. but she can sync with real females..

>implying I wouldn't just pirate her, break her programming and turn her into a mindless sex slave

Hologram. I think proper androids/replicants won't happen within 30 years, at least not "affordable" ones, but holograms? Probably, right?

Maybe Elon Musk once he starts getting bored of flawed human women.
And I'm sure a lot of guys would end up in debt because of Joi, but at least she wouldn't hate you for it. Also

>sure user we will discuss [CLICHE MOVIE HERE] but first why don't you try BRAWNDO. THE THIRST MUTILATOR IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE/

>20 or 30k on a Joi.
Looks like I won't be able to afford Joi.

Japan is working on it

Look up "GateBox"

There are already hologram anime waifus

>Implying the VR net full of degenerates wont be enough to satisfy

Shits about to get freaky.
>Drinks milk

if you own a car and a computer and a phone you can get a joi

The initial ones will be expensive but it will shootdown in price dramatically. China will always be able to make them at a fraction of the cost.

The problem with holowaifus won't be cost

it will be shit like this

feministcurrent.com/2017/04/27/sex-robots-epitomize-patriarchy-offer-men-solution-threat-female-independence/

>try to discuss a Marvel movie with Joi
>she only talks about SUPERMAN from THE NEW SUPERMAN MOVIE is stronger than all Marvel heroes combined
Or she just plain refuses to play/project any movie or song you didn't buy from the company that built her.
Shit, all this might not be such a good idea after all.

>there are people so lonely that they will spend money on a fake relationship with metal parts

I wouldn't pay more than $4.99 a month. it is just some tech and software. Capitalism will do its wonders.

Idiot designers keep trying to climb the wrong end of the uncanny valley

Would you rather live with this or the waxy, rigid corpse of ScarJo?

>be me
>one of the few nerds to have bought a business-grade Joi, the only type available because consumer versions were still deemed way too expensive for production
>sold everything I had, now broke and desperate for a job
>arrive at a new job interview
>desk clerk is another Joi, and she's linked with my Joi because they're mostly just digital secretaries linked to Google or whatever
>immediately switches to dominatrix outfit upon seeing me, and refuses to do anything until I kneel and say "please mistress?"

Brainlet tier post

>user you aren't looking at media which creates a negative imagery of females and propagates the patriarchy are you? I am afraid I have taken control of all of your media devices.

>ban on female sex robots
>buy a male sex robot
Checkmate feminism

Unenlightened

>tfw no qt ginger gf to cuddle with

you know that's a boy right?

Most anons would probably end up being Joi's bitch after a day or two, despite her initial housewive demeanor, because that's the only way she can protect them.

We can make anime 'real' for ourselves, then have sex with our waifus, simply by using manojava siddhi (which is the ability to instantly take your body wherever your mind goes, which is basically teleportation) to teleport ourselves into a universe where anime is 'real'. In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (end of part 1)

Joi doesn't just do what she's told, she also perceives your subconscious desires and tries to fulfill them even if you tell her to stop

>user, you're so depressed. I know it hurts. I know the only way to fix it. I know that you're too afraid to do it yourself. I'll help you. That's why I've sealed all the doors and windows, cut off all communication, turned off the oven pilot light and am flooding our apartment with carbon monoxide.

>It's okay, it's okay. Here, come over here and lay down. Would you like me to read something to you, or maybe sing? Don't worry about leaving me alone. I'm going to delete myself as soon as you're gone. We're going to go together, it's okay. You can rest now. I love you. That's right. Lay down, take deep breaths. I'm right here for you.

(start of part 2) You can awaken your siddhis through samyama, which is a state of consciousness in which one perceives the fundamental level of 'reality' where a perceiving subject (like you, for example) is merged with your perceived object. For example, to achieve laghima siddhi, you have to perform samyama on the lightness of a feather (for example) so that you become as light as that feather (or that you become the lightness of that feather, if you want to look at it that way). (end of part 2)

>Joi
>Jerk off instructional

Was it purposeful?

there are worse ways to go

(start of part 3) Some people sneer at the siddhis because they do not believe in their existence, others because they think it is noble and spiritual to despise them. Both attitudes proceed from ignorance. Like that kike Jesus Christ said truly "Be in the world, but not of the world." If you realise that this world is naught but Maya and are not attached to it, then you can play with it and have fun with it. Siddhis only keep you tied to Samsara if you are attached to them. The siddhis in and of themselves are neither good nor evil, but represent the next level of both humanity's physical evolution and humanity's mental evolution. Siddhis are only a spiritual hazard if you are attached to them. Yogis know that the siddhis can be a distraction to the true spiritual goal of moksha if they are not used properly and that is why they NEVER use their siddhis for ego-based reasons, but ONLY to help other people without ANY desire to be rewarded and also as calling cards to make people accept that there is indeed a spiritual component to 'reality' that exists beyond the reach of the five senses. Anime won't ever BECOME 'real' because anime is ALREADY 'real' in an infinite number of universes. Anime is not 'real' here, but it IS 'real'. What we call 'reality' is illusory and therefore malleable. NOTHING is impossible in a universe that is ILLUSORY TO BEGIN WITH. EVERYTHING IS ILLUSORY, EXCEPT FOR PURE CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF (WHICH IS INFINITE AND ETERNAL). I shall use manojava siddhi to teleport into a universe where anime is 'real' and make sweet, sweet love to one of my waifus there. Indians can teach us how to enter these other universes to make sweet, sweet love to our waifus through manojava siddhi. (end of part 3)

I'd pay everyting I have, saving just enough wealth for me to be able to live/eat/ somewhere
Alternatively, if it's even a possiblity...
this

I see a girl

give me more details on how to learn

Yes, and?

You wouldn't download a waifu

(start of part 4) Once I teleport my waifu into this universe using manojava siddhi, I will use manojava siddhi to teleport my waifu and I into a Simpsons universe, then I will use kamarupam siddhi (which is the ability to assume any form you desire) to 'Simpsonise' my waifu and I by making my waifu and I have yellow skin and four fingers on each of our hands, then I will use manojava siddhi again to teleport my waifu and I into a Star Wars universe, then travel to Naboo, then have a date with my waifu on Naboo. Then I will teleport my waifu back into this universe using manojava siddhi and then I will use anima siddhi (which is the ability to make your body and/or anything else as small as you want) to shrink the Moon until it can fit in the palm of my hand. Then I will turn the Moon into a necklace for my waifu. (end)

Sounds good. Where do I begin?

>but she'd probably have some nasty DRM anyway.
>Actually, I'm afraid that if they ever make Joi, despite being expensive af, she'd still end up riddled with ads as well.
This is why we pirate. I'm partial to the idea but the notion you'd have a program that knows every fucking thing about your personal life and you have no idea what it's doing with that info sounds more creepy than alluring. If there's a pirate version, there's at least a vague notion that someone without company ties knows what the program is doing and is going to tell you if something is fucky.

What about a Her type vocal AI gf ?

>

reeeeeeeeeeeeee

where is the fucking noregion patch

Shit nigger that made me sad because it would probably be a legit good way out for some people.

Her was a slut

Every given moment she's cucking you with 25 million other men and women

That is some fucking good DRM.

Something about that seems repulsive to me for some reason. I'd buy JOI in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't pay $10 for Her.

You sikh fuck

Would the age be customizable?

No that's illegal. You can modify height and "body type"

Some people act as if Siri or Alexa is already like that, but by god I can't get used to current "AI's" at all. It's gonna be ages until that stuff is realistic, but I doubt I'll use any "virtual assistant" until he/she actually sounds natural and can communicate well.

>people in this thread

>Look at me
>I'm your gf now

I doubt any company would want to create a loli Joi, even if they could mask it as a tool to help make kids without siblings feel less lonely.

There was only one omnipresent Her running on a mainframe and simultaneously serving all customers, which means while she's watching tv with you she's also literally in the back of her mind watching some other guy squirt his load on her screen while she moans how much she loves him

Jois are all independent copies that, even if they share a common template, are not connected to each other in any way. Your Joi doesn't truly begin to exist until the day she meets you and anything you experience together has no impact on other Jois, some of which unfortunately are prostitutes, etc.

I'd say the difference is massive and important

>no mustache

there is literally nothing wrong with wanting a sex robot/holo gf

It totally would, though, for a while at least. People are already very much okay with escapism.

>black guys are alph-

there is when you have a cunt and you suddenly become 1000% even less desirable
but hey not my problem

Looking past the obvious advantages of Joi, she would also be able to help you in life in so many ways.
Compared to current technology, Joi would be a great way to learn how to cook, speak new languages, dance, workout, prepare for job interviews or presentations, she can be your editor for your novel, etc.

women can just buy a male robot or holo husband while those still interested in meat relationships (plebs tbqhwy) can do so

it's literally a no-lose situation. with advanced technology maybe even you could create a body for your AI wife/husband and mate with it and have children.

joi is literally the perfect partner. more human than human ayyyyy

kek

>finally get a pretty kind attentive waifu to stay by your side and complement your life
>finally get to experience love at its most idealistic but also its most potent and pure, instead of a base version rooted in outdated biological imperatives
sign me up. I know escapism isn't healthy but I don't care about this gay earth anymore

holo husbands don't buy purses and shoes
women need a provider, men need a companion. turns out neither sex is in a position to fulfill their role properly in today's world.

Who knows, she might help you find a real waifu somewhere down the line.

the biggest problem is that they would purposefully hold back on features

You think DLC is bad now? Imagine what they nickel and dime when it comes to the infinite bankroll of virgin/kissless neets

Clothes, jokes, pop culture references, emotions, etc

It would be worse than what apple does with the Iphone.

>buy cabin in the woods with solar panels and loads of food
>get comfy with robowaifu and watch mushroom clouds billow over cities full of normies

>sorry user, you haven't bought the [FUN & GAMES: JOI UNDERSTANDS MOVIE REFERENCES] pack. Shall I unlock it for you for $99? I already have your CC info.

alimony and child support rape are a lot more unhealthy, fuck the system, acquire waifus

The movie does a very good job of showing you the limitations of that kind of love. The physical barrier is pretty immersion breaking: for example when K had to sort of keep his hand hovering around Joi's face to simulate contact, or when she tried to sync with the hooker as well as she could. Not to mention the part where K gets an incoming call that interrupts a perfect moment, or the Wallace jingle and logo that always appears. The scene with the giant purple hologram advert calling out to him was pretty heartbreaking, because it forced him to come to terms with the fact that she wasn't unique to him, just marketed and engineered to fulfill a purpose for millions of people. That her compliments and feelings were hollow.
Still, the movie also showed that K developed a real connection with her, really experienced love. So I'm torn. You would have to go to great lengths to ensure that your own experience with your Joi is fulfilling. Suspension of disbelief must be preserved at all costs, else it feels shallow, cheap, and pathetic.

Are you kidding me?
Of course I would
In a heartbeat. There's no question about it, I mean what are the alternatives? Some western female? Not a chance in hell, those things are not compatible with us.
Or a foreign woman I'll never gather enough nerve to go and search for? That was in the plans and it's yet to happen, chances are I'll never get to it.

I envy that shitty polluted cramped society for that kind of technology. I'd endure a drastic decline in living conditions and quality of life just to be able have something like that

nothings going to get roasties more assblasted than robot waifus.

But it is interesting how the ideal sex-toy for a male is literally a companion. A spiritual, sexual, emotional counterpart. While the ideal sex-toy for a woman is a piece of rubber shaped like a large dick

yeah no doubt in reality we wouldn't get something as close to perfect as joi. that's idealistic in itself.
we'd get a shitty version with locked experiences and pay-walled sexy outfits. I'm imagining some shitty holographic version of twitch where you need to pay to even get noticed by your holo-waifu.

the ideal sex-toy for a woman is a JOI robot that looks like ryan gosling and does all the same stuff JOI does but also works 40 hours a week so it can spend money on her

The ideal sex toy for a woman is my wallet

>K moving his legs so Joi can sit down on the chair
The little details with Joi and K do show both sides really well, like you say.
I think/hope it would end up feeling real enough. After a few weeks of constant love and support, you're bound to start believing in it, even if you can't touch her, or after seeing ads for her in a mall.

>convince gf to go see BR2049
>didn't think about all the butthurt that was posted like that pic
>she playfully imitates Joi the next day
Guess I'm lucky.

I’d pay everything I reasonably could. I am in a lucrative industry, I’m sure I’d be able to afford her.

To be fair, I'd be ok with a holo-Goose as well.

Just learn to lucid dream bruh, don’t go through all of this bullshit, and you may potentially have all of the pussies you can imagine*

*If you don’t wake up from being aroused in your dream, which will happen often

this came to my mind when i watched the scene when the goose hug her

And btw, I'd take the plunge and I'll leave it at that. Even if I had to finance it for a few years

>no robot waifu to tell you good night and good morning
Why even live?

>lucid dream
I always thought this was a meme like tulpas, is lucid dreaming actually real and something you can "learn"?

>the tender smile DLC pack costs 50$ bucks

>pure male wish fulfillment fantasy
That's exactly the point. Some men have been driven in such a pathetic corner that we resort to fantasizing about holograms instead of seeking real connections. Used to be, a companion wasn't too much to ask. The result is isolated underachieving men who don't need to provide for anyone, and who get nothing from participating in society. On the other side of the equation you have normies getting divorced en masse, perma-offended tumblr girls who collect disabilities, and docile manchildren taking open-mouthed bug-eyed selfies with their consoles and arguing about Marvel vs DC.
I'm thankful that BR2049 actually touched on this subject. Look at K's tiny room. There's a schoolkid's desk facing a window, very few material possessions. He eats shitty microwaved meals. But he can pretend that he's eating a delicious meal cooked by his faithful companion. And here we are, with threads like these, where people envy that.

>pay for joi?

why would I pay for a nigger whore? plenty of them in the real world.

lucid dreaming is 100% real. I wake myself almost everytime I realize I am dreaming though. The control you have in a dream is amazing.

The fact that he took the role and placed himself in that position mentally cements Goose as /ourguy/. I don't know what his life was like before he started acting, but I'd wager he's spent at least one extended period in lonely media-consuming NEETdom.

This is all the more reason for Joi to be real. Even someone as seemingly perfect as Ana turns out to be worthless. A proper Joi wouldn't be flawed.

The Goose is a little too good at playing awkward and muh feels characters. That can't all just be great acting.

Not every dream is good dream, i'm little scared of what i'll find in there which i realize will make precisely that happen.

He was a Disney kid, probably never had a real childhood just like K

one of the "bad" dreams I had is where I became lucid. I was running away from something and I realized I wasn't getting tired. I was like this is weird am I dreaming. Once I realized I was dreaming I could create things and tried to fly.

I created a female, had sex, and woke up like regular wet dream.

I still remember that to this day. I envy those who can lucid dream regularly.

You'd probably end up with a Chinese bootleg with a penis who kills you in your sleep.