So I never got to watch Samurai Jack when it came out and since the newest season is out...

So I never got to watch Samurai Jack when it came out and since the newest season is out, I thought I'd watch the original and I gotta say, I'm really liking it so far. Almost done with Season 3 and my 2 favorite episodes so far are the one where Jack discovers his homeland in the future and where the dragon demon is possessing the old house. What are your favorite episodes?

I'm really wondering though, with all the attention Jack's been getting lately, will we see a remastered release on bluray for seasons 1 through 4? Who do I have to ask to get this? They deserve better than 480p, that's all I'm saying.

I also need an OST release in my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

georgekrstic.blogspot.com/2010/04/megas-faq-anniversary-edition.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There isn't even a streaming HD release anywhere, so you can just forget about seeing it on Blu-ray. In fact, it's not clear if HD masters even exist for this show, and if they don't it's basically impossible.

There's a mini-OST out with like 10 tracks on it IIRC. Other than that, some tracks have been ripped in varying quality on YouTube and such.

>I also need an OST release in my life
Didn't Genndy say he might think of releasing the entire OST for season 5, after it's over? Can't remember but it was said on the AD LiveStream

*Adultswim
Excuse me.

But don't the folks over at [as] have access to the original files for the show? I'm certain they're the ones who can do a bluray release for it.

And if that's the case, I think I'll try and bug either [as], Cartoon Network, or Turner Home Entertainment, since those guys are the ones who hold the rights to Sam Jack.

First of all, the original 4 seasons have nothing to do with AS, they're CN only. Second, it's doubtful because to my knowledge they've never even aired the show in HD anywhere.

So that means they would need to do a remaster for it, since the original's only in 480p, right?

IMO the best season is 4 and most of my favorite episodes are from that one, so how am I supposed to discuss them without spoilers? You should have finished the original before starting this topic.

>I also need an OST release in my life.
We all do, user.
>What are your favorite episodes?
Can't pick a single one.
>most artistic
The Princess and the Bounty Hunters, Samurai vs Ninja, 4 Seasons of Death
>hypest
Jack vs Ultrabots, The Birth of Evil, Jack vs Zombies (so pretty much any episode focused on the sword)
>most heart-warming/funniest
Jack Learns to Jump Good, all the Scotsman episodes, Jack vs Aku, Da Sah Moo Ray episode

Among my favorite episodes are the first three because of what an engaging narrative they have, as well as one of the best action sequences of the entire show.
Jack and The Travelling Creatures is amazing as well. The build up to the fight is magnificent, and the Guardian as well as his battle are among the show's best.
Samurai vs Samurai is also great, if only for the comfy feel as well as the comedy.
One underrated gem that I don't understand why isn't brought up more often is The Four Seasons of Death. The mini stories are all wonderful, and the segment with Spring might just be my favorite scene in the whole show.

Depending on how it was made, it is not always possible to do a remaster for animated content.

It may be limited to SD unless reanimated.

Well, the first 4 seasons were aired on Adult Swim for a while after the show was finished in CN.

Well, I'm almost done with S3, so I'll be on S4 soon enough.

Yeah, and they aired on YTV here in Canada because we didn't even have CN (or AS) back then. Doesn't make it a show from either network.

Really? I never knew that. So that would be the same case for a lot of cartoons that came out around the time for Samurai Jack?? (Ex - Megas XLR)

It would be the case for many shows, yes, but perhaps not (part of?) Megas XLR in particular:
georgekrstic.blogspot.com/2010/04/megas-faq-anniversary-edition.html
>As for Blu-Ray, from what I recall, we actually did the second season in HD with the intention of broadcasting and releasing it in high definition, but obviously that plan fell by the wayside with our cancellation.

Damn, no OST or Bluray release apparently never for Megas. That sucks. I hope Jack doesn't suffer the same fate.

Source please?

Favorite episode is definitely pic related.

I've been searching for quite a while, and it looks like all the download links are long gone. Does anyone still have this?

The Megas OST is pretty much entirely available, as generic production music was apparently used.